The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Huh? What I meant was if it was Suarez... Oh, don't worry, it's not worth it.

Nobody said the pictures had anything to do with the result...
Think Mike is just saying he would expect you to be more concerned with your horrific league form than an irrelevant challenge.

Huh? What I meant was if it was Suarez... Oh, don't worry, it's not worth it.

Nobody said the pictures had anything to do with the result...

What?! I criticised Perch and said if it was Suarez he'd be vilified, and to be honest, pretty much everyone non newcastle showed some critcism.

As I said earlier the focus shouldn't be on pictures but on Liverpool's relegation form football.

Think Mike is just saying he would expect you to be more concerned with your horrific league form than an irrelevant challenge.

That was my point to RTW, those two incidents hes posted are of little concern, compared to 8 points from 12 games.

I was just posting the .gif as it hadn't been mentioned I don't think, it's a cliche, but had it have been Suarez...

Obviously it's of little importance in the bigger picture, thought it was worth mentioning is all.

Its ok, if Liverpool relegates next season we can switch over to Everton.

Disagree with some points on this article.

However, we can safely say we don’t belong in 8th, because our performances show otherwise. You can count the games we did not deserve to win on one hand, and in 90% of the rest of the games, we’ve truly outclassed, and outplayed our opponents, no matter if it was Norwich or Blackburn, or Manchester City, Manchester United, or Arsenal.

We have even beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton away.

In fact we completed the Merseyside double a few weeks ago. So, with the quality performances we have witnessed, throughout the whole year, and add to that at least one goal scorer (I’m praying, like you, that Kenny invests in one on the summer), then why’s everybody getting so angry?

Ok, watching a lot of the games this season has been infuriating, but mostly because we have 100% deserved to win the game, and we have come away with 1, or no points.

Dont really understand this part. I do not know how the author can say that they 100 % deserve to win games but come away with no points or the fact that they outclassed opponents yet lost. Was he watching the same Liverpool Team as me. Performances have been dire and their is no excuse for it, Suarez is one to blame for he is not clinical at all in front of goal.

Also victories against top teams should not gloss over the number of points you have dropped in games you should be winning. Even though Chelsea/ Arsenal have a pretty bad record vs the top 6 teams their is a reason those two teams are higher than you in the table.

However, no matter what your view is, the fact is, Kenny now has a completely new squad. You cannot expect 7, 8, or 9 new, young players to suddenly gel, and start competing.

We all knew this was a transitional season deep down, and I think it is sensible that we all accept the progress we made (potentially 2 cups and very promising league performances), get completely behind our manager Kenny Dalglish, and start supporting the players, even if they have failed to shine so far.

Let’s not forget, we all wrote Lucas off as being useless, and we all said he would never make it.

But now, still only 24, he’s one of the best defensive midfielders around. Let’s just hope, that 20 year old Jordan Henderson and 23 year old Andy Carroll follow suit.

Fair enough that this is a transitional season for Liverpool. Still its a pretty pathetic excuse to use considering the relegation-form football you are playing. Even if you are a club in transition, the squad is well capable of being much higher in the league. Add the fact that nearly all the teams above you have had a extra competition to play this season yet are still doing better than you in the league shows that Liverpool have not been good at all in the League.

Also do not forget that Chelsea are also a club in transition. If I were to compare both our squads, I would say we are more or less at same strength. Yet Chelsea are still in the FA Cup Semi-Finals just like you, higher than Liverpool in the League and currently in the CL Semi-Finals.

Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to come here and wave the blue flag. I am just saying that even though its a transitional period for Liverpool, it by no means should hide the fact that you have been extremely poor in the league and have the capacity to imrpove

We've gone from deserving to win games and dropping points

To deserving to lose games and still dropping points, Although i fully believe we're two players short of competing top 4 and maybe higher,

The biggest miss is Lucas, he gives balance to our midfield and allows henderson, Gerrard, Adam to get forward, spearing is a decent back up but not a Lucas figure. Lucas has the most tackles in the liverpool team this year and he has been out since november, says alot

Another miss is Agger. When he plays liverpool are very very hard to beat, a settled back five or Reina, Glen, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique were the best in the league statistically. but as soon as injuries occured.. the likes of carragher and coates, average players changed us completely

We lack squad depth more than anything which is a fault of Commoli and Dalglish, 100m+ on signings and they were overpaid poor signings, even tho they 'may' improve, but i firmly believe we keep our key players fit and strenthgen with two or three quality signings and we'll be there again.. its not a crisis just a blip

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard - New CM
Suarez - New ST - Downing

we keep that team consistanly and we'll be a threat... i mean against Newcastle we had Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey in midfield.. no wonder we got overran.

We've gone from deserving to win games and dropping points

To deserving to lose games and still dropping points, Although i fully believe we're two players short of competing top 4 and maybe higher,

The biggest miss is Lucas, he gives balance to our midfield and allows henderson, Gerrard, Adam to get forward, spearing is a decent back up but not a Lucas figure. Lucas has the most tackles in the liverpool team this year and he has been out since november, says alot

Another miss is Agger. When he plays liverpool are very very hard to beat, a settled back five or Reina, Glen, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique were the best in the league statistically. but as soon as injuries occured.. the likes of carragher and coates, average players changed us completely

We lack squad depth more than anything which is a fault of Commoli and Dalglish, 100m+ on signings and they were overpaid poor signings, even tho they 'may' improve, but i firmly believe we keep our key players fit and strenthgen with two or three quality signings and we'll be there again.. its not a crisis just a blip

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard - New CM
Suarez - New ST - Downing

we keep that team consistanly and we'll be a threat... i mean against Newcastle we had Gerrard, Spearing, Shelvey in midfield.. no wonder we got overran.

I think Henderson and Caroll will definitely come good for Liverpool. They were evidently bought with the future in mind so a bit of patience is required with them for sure.

Agree with you that Liverpool are short of a couple of signings. A back-up for Lucas and a profilic striker is needed. Plus the squad should be better gelled next season to perfom better in the league. Liverpool have done very well in cups, the aim should be to translate that form into the league next season.

I think Henderson and Caroll will definitely come good for Liverpool. They were evidently bought with the future in mind so a bit of patience is required with them for sure.

Agree with you that Liverpool are short of a couple of signings. A back-up for Lucas and a profilic striker is needed. Plus the squad should be better gelled next season to perfom better in the league. Liverpool have done very well in cups, the aim should be to translate that form into the league next season.

People are slightly overreacting, it has been poor of late but we lack squad depth and we've had one or two key injuries which dont help, still no excuse but potential reasons

Ive found it funny tho how many people have jumped on the ' we hate liverpool bandwagon' starting to feel we're the most hated club about now... Funny to see

EDIT: Perfect signing would be Javi Martinez, but that wont happen.

I can see Carroll coming decent for Liverpool (obviously not living up to £35 mill but that's a very difficult task for almost anyone) but Henderson I just don't see anything. Usually with younger players you can see a few things they're really good at and others they're not but over time will work on. I can't see that with Henderson I'm afraid

Henderson has a good engine, and has shown some decent creativity this season, although not enough... i think he will get better but only time will tell

Henderson will come good, once he gets more confidence, and is given a definite position to play.

Carroll, I severely doubt will. Would love if he did though.

People are slightly overreacting, it has been poor of late but we lack squad depth and we've had one or two key injuries which dont help, still no excuse but potential reasons

Ive found it funny tho how many people have jumped on the ' we hate liverpool bandwagon' starting to feel we're the most hated club about now... Funny to see

EDIT: Perfect signing would be Javi Martinez, but that wont happen.

To be fair, I do not think people are over-reacting. Yes you have had one or two key injuries but thats what every club faces in the course of the season. Still no excuse for relegation-form football I am afraid.

On second though, perhaps people may be over-reacting in calling for KK's head. He has not been perfect but he deserves another season at the very least

I can see Carroll coming decent for Liverpool (obviously not living up to £35 mill but that's a very difficult task for almost anyone) but Henderson I just don't see anything. Usually with younger players you can see a few things they're really good at and others they're not but over time will work on. I can't see that with Henderson I'm afraid

Henderson has struggled this season but thats was to be expected. Young lad moving to a big club for a high transfer fee. He was bought with the future in mind so Pool fans have to show patience with him. He will come good according to me

Henderson is being moved around way too much, Just play him in one position...

Carroll on the other hand id love to be wrong about, but ive never seen a footballer with worse technique, his first touch is awful and he cannot pass a ball... in the system liverpool play he is just not going to cut it

well you guys watch Liverpool more than have seen both players more often. However I believe that Carroll may come decent but not Henderson. But only time will tell

Disagree with some points on this article.
Dont really understand this part. I do not know how the author can say that they 100 % deserve to win games but come away with no points or the fact that they outclassed opponents yet lost. Was he watching the same Liverpool Team as me. Performances have been dire and their is no excuse for it, Suarez is one to blame for he is not clinical at all in front of goal.

Also victories against top teams should not gloss over the number of points you have dropped in games you should be winning. Even though Chelsea/ Arsenal have a pretty bad record vs the top 6 teams their is a reason those two teams are higher than you in the table.

Fair enough that this is a transitional season for Liverpool. Still its a pretty pathetic excuse to use considering the relegation-form football you are playing. Even if you are a club in transition, the squad is well capable of being much higher in the league. Add the fact that nearly all the teams above you have had a extra competition to play this season yet are still doing better than you in the league shows that Liverpool have not been good at all in the League.

Also do not forget that Chelsea are also a club in transition. If I were to compare both our squads, I would say we are more or less at same strength. Yet Chelsea are still in the FA Cup Semi-Finals just like you, higher than Liverpool in the League and currently in the CL Semi-Finals.

Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to come here and wave the blue flag. I am just saying that even though its a transitional period for Liverpool, it by no means should hide the fact that you have been extremely poor in the league and have the capacity to imrpove

What....? This article isn't about our current form, it's about the season as a whole, that's quite obvious. We have played a lot better than most of our opponents this season, we just haven't been able to finish when required.. I think it is you that is watching a different Liverpool.

There are a lot of games that we could and should have won, such as the ones he listed, Norwich, Blackburn, Arsenal, and United, amongst others.. It's not an excuse, merely an observation, we are playing much better than we were under Hodgson, simple. Also, what makes you think he's trying to "gloss over" our failings by stating we've beaten some big clubs away from home?... :S

Again with the "relegation form" thing, the season as a whole has been positive.. Our recent form has been terrible, yes, but there is much more to our season than the past 5 or 6 games.. You don't judge Chelsea purely on their bad run of form they had a few months ago do you? No.

You really want to compare Chelsea's squad with Liverpool's? Chelsea, last seasons runners up with Liverpool, a club who have been struggling to even get in the top 6 for the past three years? LOL, okay then.

Anyway, regardless of our current form we are better than we were last year, we are moving in the right direction, unlike Chelsea... Just sayin'.

Back