The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Wouldn't get too excited by Cruyff stories. Cruyff is in the middle of a civil war at Ajax. Nice story, suits all sides.

Cruyff has a history of causing trouble in clubs since he stopped managing. He was one of Louis Van Gaal's biggest critics when Van Gaal was winning champions leagues with Ajax (and getting to finals), for not playing the right stye of football (simply winning is not enough). I'd be cautious of him.

Its all got very ugly there, surprised its dragged on so long.

Think Cruyff will win. He usually does. Feel sorry for Ajax. Great club, amazing innovation going back to Michels, but horribly crippled financially. Shame really.

Would like to point out i said a little while ago i blame a lot of the signings on that Comoli fellow, think its a step forward he has left/been sacked.

Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Shelvey, Spearing, Gerrard, Kuyt; Suarez, Carroll for tomorrow please. With Maxi and Bellamy ready on the bench.

Also would like to say how impressed over Coates I've been, going to be a **** fine player.

Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Shelvey, Spearing, Gerrard, Kuyt; Suarez, Carroll for tomorrow please. With Maxi and Bellamy ready on the bench.

Also would like to say how impressed over Coates I've been, going to be a **** fine player.
Think downing will deffinatley start, I'd also swap shelvey for Henderson

Hope Carroll starts tho, played very well v Blackburn

Cruyff has a history of causing trouble in clubs since he stopped managing. He was one of Louis Van Gaal's biggest critics when Van Gaal was winning champions leagues with Ajax (and getting to finals), for not playing the right stye of football (simply winning is not enough). I'd be cautious of him.

He's a fundamentalist, isn't he? That's what causes the friction like you say. Thing with the DoF role is that it's essentially meant to be the living embodiment of the club's footballing philosophy. Is it something which can really be transplanted into a club like Liverpool?

In any case, looks like stories died down already as RtW says. Fun times :)

Here's to a decent match tomorrow with both sets of supporters showing their better side.

No maxi starting? The guy appears to be a goal machine

Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Downing, Suarez, Carroll

I hope this works...

Cant Believe an FA Cup Semi Final is only on ESPN!

I have about every channel going bar ESPN,

Looks like ill have to stream it! What a joke.

No maxi starting? The guy appears to be a goal machine

Maxi isn't a goal machine just because he scored in one game when was the last time he scored regular goals? ... Never.
I really hope we win today need to get back to winning ways and Hopfuly can go on and win most of are remaining games

Cant Believe an FA Cup Semi Final is only on ESPN!

I have about every channel going bar ESPN,

Looks like ill have to stream it! What a joke.

Tell me about it. Even worse with the Chelsea v Spurs game on ITV tomorrow. Just a **** take

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/106723

HD Stream if you have sopcast.

Maxi isn't a goal machine just because he scored in one game when was the last time he scored regular goals? ... Never.
I really hope we win today need to get back to winning ways and Hopfuly can go on and win most of are remaining games

he has scored 11 in 10 starts, its usually when he starts he scores.. but they have been against mediorce opposition from what i can remember

Back