The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Now that was a thriller of a match... For a second I was worried I had to endure the nerve breaking action of the penalties lol.

Now that was a thriller of a match... For a second I was worried I had to endure the nerve breaking action of the penalties lol.

I thought it was a poor game to be honest, did not think anyone played particularly well, if I had to pick someone it would probably be Luis Suarez simply for his work rate and he was Everton's main problem.

Really? Thought it was one of the worst semi finals I've seen in a while.

I think it was a boring match for neutrals [especially as they all wanted us to lose], but as a Liverpool fan I thought it was a quality match. We were much better in the second half, was screaming at Carroll most of it though. :P - Winning goal couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving!

Nice for Liverpool to get through but I think Chelsea or Tottenham (I think Spurs) will be a step too far for you in the final.

LOL.. Good for you.

I thought it was a poor game to be honest, did not think anyone played particularly well, if I had to pick someone it would probably be Luis Suarez simply for his work rate and he was Everton's main problem.

Well, not really a thriller as in performance wise, but the fact that Everton were so close to grabbing the ticket to the FA Cup final.
But yeah, MotM goes to Suarez, from me anyway.

Really? Thought it was one of the worst semi finals I've seen in a while.

Well, not really a thriller as in performance wise, but the fact that Everton were so close to grabbing the ticket to the FA Cup final.
But yeah, MotM goes to Suarez, from me anyway.

^

Should've explained it a bit better.

I think it was a boring match for neutrals [especially as they all wanted us to lose], but as a Liverpool fan I thought it was a quality match. We were much better in the second half, was screaming at Carroll most of it though. :P - Winning goal couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving!

LOL.. Good for you.

Actually you were just as bad as you were in the first half until Distin gifted you a goal, lets not forget that. Also Carroll scored one goal but should of had three maybe four. His overall play was poor but he did take one out of the many chances he had.

Great match! At Halftime I was sure we were going to lose, but we were much better in 2nd Half

Actually you were just as bad as you were in the first half until Distin gifted you a goal, lets not forget that. Also Carroll scored one goal but should of had three maybe four. His overall play was poor but he did take one out of the many chances he had.

We dominated the first 15 minutes in the second half and were unlucky not to score. In fact we had 82% possession at one point in the second half. Distin gifted Suarez the ball but there was still a lot to do, much more then Jelavic had left to do anyway. Carroll's overall play was good, his finishing wasn't but he scored the winner.. That's enough.

Last edited:
Carroll and Tevez will be all over the back pages tomorrow then! Fair play to 'pool, I actually expected a draw or Everton win but yet again you've got a result in a big game. I feel sorry for Moyes though, fancied them to go on and win it with his 10 year anniversary and all...

And I have to say. For a player like Carroll to miss the chances he had, and STILL keep working his **** until the end and get the winner, well credit where credit is due.

We dominated the first 15 minutes in the second half and were unlucky not to score. In fact we had 82% possession at one point in the second half. Distin gifted Suarez the ball but there was still a lot to do, much more then Jelavic had left to do anyway. His overall play was good, his finishing wasn't but he scored the winner.. That's enough.

I honestly have no idea what game you were watching if you think Carroll's overall performance was good, he gave the ball away quite a few times, missed three good chances (as we already mentioned), him scoring a goal in my eyes does not make it a good performance after his overall play and not to forget the chances he missed.

But I did say it was nice to see Liverpool go through, but in my opinion it was not a good performance at all until Distin's error let you back in the game.

Carroll was really poor if he performs like that in the Final its going to cost you against a better team who will actually take their chances, which Liverpool didn't

I honestly have no idea what game you were watching if you think Carroll's overall performance was good, he gave the ball away quite a few times, missed three good chances (as we already mentioned), him scoring a goal in my eyes does not make it a good performance after his overall play and not to forget the chances he missed.

Carroll was really poor if he performs like that in the Final its going to cost you against a better team who will actually take their chances, which Liverpool didn't

Carroll's job is to score, which he did. For a player that is so low in confidence to still be finding the right positions is surely encouraging for Liverpool?

Carroll's job is to score, which he did. For a player that is so low in confidence to still be finding the right positions is surely encouraging for Liverpool?

He is so slow, when he gets on the ball it is painful watching him. Sometimes he even falls over and also a Striker's job is to finish their chances. Which Carroll only done once out of 3-4 great chances. Good? Pfft.

Bobby Moore was also slow, yet was one of the greatest defenders to play the game. What about Le Tissier, Zidane, Puskas? Pace isn't everything. He will rediscover his form eventually if Liverpool can use him in the right way

Last edited:
Why is Andy getting stick? A lot of players heads would've dropped after missing those chances, but he kept at it. Surely that shows he's getting self belief back which is important? A lot of strikers who are better miss far more chances, or score 1 out of stupid amount of chances. Think on this occassion should cut him some slack

Why is Andy getting stick? A lot of players heads would've dropped after missing those chances, but he kept at it. Surely that shows he's getting self belief back which is important? A lot of strikers who are better miss far more chances, or score 1 out of stupid amount of chances. Think on this occassion should cut him some slack

Because Torres and Carroll have bravely taken the joint honour of most mocked player from Ivanhoe.

Back