The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Have to say Everton were woeful in the second half. Disappointing really as they had the upper hand going into half-time. However Pool stepped up their game and happy Caroll got a goal. Put in a good shift today and his work-rate was good

Have to say Everton were woeful in the second half. Disappointing really as they had the upper hand going into half-time. However Pool stepped up their game and happy Caroll got a goal. Put in a good shift today and his work-rate was good

Still cannot get over that needless foul. It was just incredibly stupid

Chelsea will be in final.
thanks mystic meg, but it will be a very tight match

Actually you were just as bad as you were in the first half until Distin gifted you a goal, lets not forget that. Also Carroll scored one goal but should of had three maybe four. His overall play was poor but he did take one out of the many chances he had.

We gifted Everton a goal aswell, the whole game was poor until LFC started getting on top

Harsh on Carroll, id say his overall play was decent, won plenty of balls in the air, good flick ons, held up the ball .. just his finishing was poor.. but for 2nd match running he pops up with a late winner.. cant ask for any more

Still cannot get over that needless foul. It was just incredibly stupid

It was, and he was very lucky to stay on the pitch

reminded me of the flanagan situation v blackburn when he should have been sent off but the ref sympathised

Haha why would I be mad, I don't support either team. So whatever way I'm not bothered. Chelsea can beat them both anyway IF they get through to the final

Liverpool can beat them both, Spurs can beat them both

its all about on the day, a decision here and there could change everything

Besides Liverpool seem to play better against the bigger teams, its the mid table and below teams we struggle massively against!

It matters who is better on the day but we have to beat Tottenham first so I won't be speaking about the final yet. Well done to Pool though, both teams poor but Liverpool came on top in the end. Wasn't Carroll supposed to be at the Grand National anyway, lol.

Chelsea will be in final.

It matters who is better on the day but we have to beat Tottenham first so I won't be speaking about the final yet. Well done to Pool though, both teams poor but Liverpool came on top in the end. Wasn't Carroll supposed to be at the Grand National anyway, lol.

Changed your tune there mate. Sounded like it was guaranteed that Chelsea were in the final...

Changed your tune there mate. Sounded like it was guaranteed that Chelsea were in the final...

Haha, I was joking but of course I'm confident and think they're going to win as I'm a Chelsea fan. Both not in the greatest form so we'll have to wait and see. I'm predicting a very tight game with Chelsea just scraping it. We'll see though...

Chelsea v Liverpool would be a good final anyway.

Can't even describe how happy I was when that final whistle was blown today. Amazing. Andy-*******-Carroll eh.

Speechless.

Can't even describe how happy I was when that final whistle was blown today. Amazing. Andy-*******-Carroll eh.

Speechless.

I'm worried though about Kenny though tbh. I have admitted, the better team won, and good luck to you in the final-you did deserve to win. But I've been watching interviews with Kenny in LFCTV, he looks so hazard. I'm genuinely worried for the guy. I know I've slagged him off for what he's said in the press, the Suarez thing etc, but he really looks hazard and withdrawn. They may have been from 2009, but he still looks...so withdrawn at times, like a rabbit in headlights.

And it's genuinley not an attack on the guy because he is a legend of a player, but he just doesn't seem with it to be honest.

And it's genuinley not an attack on the guy because he is a legend of a player, but he just doesn't seem with it to be honest.

^^ Agree with this. I respect Kenny for all he has done. And he was a great manager for us first time around. But it has been 15 years out of management (or there abouts). The game has involved a lot since then and they say Football Managers lead a stressful life. After that much time out I am not sure he has the mentality to survive at this level. He has shown his eccentricity all season and I fear for his health and wellbeing. He just doesnt seem to be able to cope with the media at all.

I know exactly what you mean. I'd hate to think that managing the club he loves (and I love) had a negative impact on his health - that would be awful.

He's not the best man for the job, and he does look withdrawn etc, maybe he'll realise it?

I know exactly what you mean. I'd hate to think that managing the club he loves (and I love) had a negative impact on his health - that would be awful.

He's not the best man for the job, and he does look withdrawn etc, maybe he'll realise it?

I'd hope so to be honest. Like I said before, I have myself criticised him recently for PR reasons, rightly or wrongly, and I know, I support Everton and all that etc lol. But he just looks bewildered sometimes and just not with it. And I don't want to say too many negative things about Kenny right now for obvious reasons, and right now, he's still going to be going through **** after what happened, and like I mentioned earlier, it still upsets me greatly when I see footage. I admit-I cried earlier on. Ad no doubt he's going through worse obviously. And I just would not wish that upon anyone. But what he's done since then-it's just simply admirable.

I'd rather Kenny went upstairs than be a manager. He's a legend and I simply don't want to see his reputation tarnished-from a footballing perspective. But that's just my opinion from a footballing perspective. And it's nothing to do with rivalry.

Last edited:

I think we all hope so. It's the only way he can possibly leave without someone's reputation being tarnished. The club is understandably loathe to sack such a huge part of its history.

So, ahead of tonights game, who would you rather get? Personally I'd go for Chelsea. We have a very good record against them in recent times, quite the opposite to whenever we play the spuds.

Back