The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But he's doing well atm. That's what counts.

But he's doing well atm. That's what counts.

Indeed he is, and I like him, partly because I'm a biased argie *******, but also because he's pretty good and has a decent shot on him, too - his goal against Mexico will not be easily forgotten - but you have to take his age into account. He's 30 now, it's gonna be downhill from here, although you may get another year from him as a squad player, and he has experience to help any youngster that comes through the ranks, too.

Indeed he is, and I like him, partly because I'm a biased argie *******, but also because he's pretty good and has a decent shot on him, too - his goal against Mexico will not be easily forgotten - but you have to take his age into account. He's 30 now, it's gonna be downhill from here, although you may get another year from him as a squad player, and he has experience to help any youngster that comes through the ranks, too.

Well, i've gotta agree, he's been **** the past 2 seasons. BUT he has greatly improved. Anything can happen under King Kenny. But regarding his age, he's 30 now yes, but if we can get a decent amount for him we should sell him. If we get some awesome players next season, he ain't got a chance to break into the 1st team again. Which means his wages are better spend else where. Even though he always has been one of my favs at Liverpool.

Well, i've gotta agree, he's been **** the past 2 seasons. BUT he has greatly improved. Anything can happen under King Kenny. But regarding his age, he's 30 now yes, but if we can get a decent amount for him we should sell him. If we get some awesome players next season, he ain't got a chance to break into the 1st team again. Which means his wages are better spend else where. Even though he always has been one of my favs at Liverpool.

We're going to need a big, quality squad next season & if Maxi is happy being a squad player & if he keeps playing well, I think he should stay. The lack of quality on our bench has been woeful at times this season. In an ideal world we should have good players coming on for good players during a game. Two players for every position is what we should be aiming for if at all possible.

Dani Pacheco would be willing to return to Norwich City if he fails to make the grade at Liverpool.

The Spanish forward linked up with the Canaries in March after completing an emergency loan switch to Carrow Road.

He enjoyed a productive spell with the Championship club, netting twice in six appearances.

His efforts helped Paul Lambert's side to secure automatic promotion, meaning they will be plying their trade in the Premier League next season.

A place among England's elite has made them a much bigger draw and should help them in their summer transfer business.

Pacheco could be among those Lambert moves for, with the 20-year-old having already caught the eye.

The Spain U21 international is planning to return to Anfield and have another shot at forcing his way into Kenny Dalglish's plans, but he admits that he will be keeping the door open to Norwich.

"I have to go back to Liverpool and see how the summer goes," said Pacheco.

"But I would love to come back here if I'm not going to get games at Liverpool."

Want him to stay. Wouldn't mind him going on loan there again though.

Of course Maxi should stay, he is the only natural winger we have at the moment, and look at his form!!! Also, he's best friends with Aguero ;)

Anyway, here's YDaphus' 3 'biggest' tweets today, in my opinion:

1. I am happy because i've been told that FSG will break our transfer record again this summer!
2. I thought Xabi was settled over there but was told last night that it may not be the case!
3. So our summer spending could hit £90m..alot more than i originally thought! #startdreaming (he later said this would be net spend!!!)

If this is true, it would be fantastic! A player for more than £35m, Xabi Alonso back home and £90m net spend! Can't wait for summer

Of course Maxi should stay, he is the only natural winger we have at the moment, and look at his form!!! Also, he's best friends with Aguero ;)

Anyway, here's YDaphus' 3 'biggest' tweets today, in my opinion:

1. I am happy because i've been told that FSG will break our transfer record again this summer!
2. I thought Xabi was settled over there but was told last night that it may not be the case!
3. So our summer spending could hit £90m..alot more than i originally thought! #startdreaming (he later said this would be net spend!!!)

If this is true, it would be fantastic! A player for more than £35m, Xabi Alonso back home and £90m net spend! Can't wait for summer

who?

YDaphus is an ITK on Twitter that got our January transfers spot on, go back through the thread to see a couple more mentions of him. If you've got Twitter, he's the main LFC source I'd recommend following :)

Obviously, I feel the chances of Xabi returning are like 1/100, but I'd **** sure love it to happen. He and his family are Liverpool fans.

One things for sure, if Alonso does return it will make Suarez 10x better than he is now, and he's playing brilliantly at the moment.

Any ideas on who to sign lads ? first season as Liverpool. Thanks

Thoughts on Phil Jones from Blackburn? He's been scouted a fair bit recently. Not really seen much of anything of him.

Thoughts on Phil Jones from Blackburn? He's been scouted a fair bit recently. Not really seen much of anything of him.

Very composed defender, reminds me of Agger taking it forwards. Still young, and English. And the best bit; he's third choice at Blackburn, I'm sure he'd prefer to be third choice at Liverpool! Very good player.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Not since the latest update, I done mine pre-Suarez/Carroll.

A great prospect. The great thing about him is that he can play as a holding mid or central mid as well, which would make our squad even more versatile. That being said though, I'd prefer Gary Cahill, as he can make an instant impact on the first team, and for apparently roughly the same price. However, I've also heard that City have taken up a mysterious interest in Cahill... Last thing we need is a bidding war with them. :S

very good player, would fit in very well, wouldnt mind him in a different red shirt

So stupidly excited for next season.

The original Dalglish years were before my time, so I feel so privileged to finally be able to watch the great man at work. Just the way he conducts himself is a joy to behold, and he always absolutely tears the Sky interviewers apart. I love the man and hope he get's his new contract ASAP.

This is for real life, go to the FM section.

You're back! Yay! Not really seen much of him either, but he is highly rated and one game I watched, he played well with Samba in CB. He's first choice at Blackburn ahead of Nelson and he is only, what, 19?

Thought it was for FM and real life ahaa, good luck Liverpool next season, think you will do good

Back