The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
CalumE5. Krygiakos is not ****.

Each to their own, I did say people wouldn't necessarily agree with me so calm down :P I also know you don't want Young anywhere near us, something else on which our opinions differ on. Even so, you can surely concede that it looks like one helluva team ;)

Cheers.

I don't think LS would be comfortable as a winger, but I suppose he would be the second striker in a 4-4-2, which means we still need someone in who can play as a winger and forward. I think the most dooable of the names you mention are Young & Gervinho. Pastore would cost too much.

Ah, you say that, but for Ajax he almost always played cutting in from the left. It wasn't exactly a LW role per se: more of a Robinho/Cassano/Lavezziish left role that's halfway between a striker and a winger.

CalumE5. Krygiakos is not ****.

He was a bought as a stop gap by Rafa 'cos we were skint at that time. IMO he's an extremely limited CB, past his best. If we're going to be serious about having a tilt at the major honours next season, he is one of those we have to move on. Unless you were being ironic, surely you must see this; he's not mega **** like Konchesky but he is relatively **** (I'm laughing as I type this), & we have to think better than Soto, even if he is likeable.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Ah, you say that, but for Ajax he almost always played cutting in from the left. It wasn't exactly a LW role per se: more of a Robinho/Cassano/Lavezziish left role that's halfway between a striker and a winger.

You describe a wide, deep lying forward or fantassista. Sounds normal for Suarez.

You describe a wide, deep lying forward or fantassista. Sounds normal for Suarez.

Never heard that phrase before! Thank you so much, you don't know how annoying it has been to say "deep-lying wide forward" whenever I've wanted to describe Lavezzi.

YDaphus on Twitter said it is likely that we will get 6 players in and move 7 players out - the 7 players being:

Jones, Konchesky, Agger, Poulsen, Aquilani, Jovanovic and Cole.

Never heard that phrase before! Thank you so much, you don't know how annoying it has been to say "deep-lying wide forward" whenever I've wanted to describe Lavezzi.

That's how Bobby Baggio used to be described in days of yore, though he didn't play wide. I guess the supreme exponent now is Messi.

The odds on Konchesky joining Woy at Albion?

Soto given two penalties away, and suddenly he went from a cult hero to a hated man. He's a great guy!

The odds on Konchesky joining Woy at Albion?

Exactly my thinking

Soto given two penalties away, and suddenly he went from a cult hero to a hated man. He's a great guy!

For me he was never a cult hero, but like I said, each to their own. YDaphus thinks he'll stay so it's looking likely :) I do like him, just don't love him. He gives his best every game he plays, is a low earner and is happy to be on the bench; wouldn't mind him staying, but can see him going. Will probably be wrong though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've started work on a mini FM2011 DB with the transfers I mentioned in my earlier post, called Dream Liverpool 2011-12, also containing some CA/PA changes, mainly to the youth team! Will keep you updated!

Last edited:

We don't hate him - we love big-hearted players like him who give 100% per game. That's not the issue - it's a question of reliability & quality. We have to recruit better players than the ones we've got - that's how teams progress & become more competative.

So 5th place now even more in our hands - win the next 3 games and it is now 100% that we get 5th. Also, our Merseyside rivals have helped us out in what is a miniscule chance of coming 4th - City just need to win one game to break our hearts though, two draws and it will be close on goal difference.

All this is assuming we win our remaining matches.

YNWA

There's a lad on RAWK whose user name is Milakakabaros. His videos are usually superb, but this one latest one left me wll and truly gobsmacked. Gerrard compilation: Steven Gerrard Red Black and White Football Video by MilanKakaBaros

Oh - what's that about 'RAWK running with Hazard' transfer? I'll have what he's smoking. Adams and Young bids were confirmed in January by their respective clubs so it would be a shocker if we weren't back in over the summer for them if price were right. Other stuff is all guesswork you'd find on any decent website where football fans discuss players they rate and would like to see at the club. One name he doesn't have on his list btw is Lukaku and I knows for a fact that we enquired about him in January but got knocked back.

Kenny Dalglish: Liverpool are no longer a two-man team

• Liverpool manager is pleased with attacking options
• Reds have taken 16 points from the last seven games

European qualification. Photograph: Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images
Kenny Dalglish insists Liverpool are no longer reliant on two players to carry the rest of the team, as they hope to take a decisive step towards European qualification at Fulham on Monday night.

In their past two seasons most of their opponents operated on the principle that, if you stopped Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, you stopped Liverpool. The pairing was responsible for 39% of their league goals in 2008-09 and 44% last season.
Torres's contribution to Dalglish's regime was minimal before the Spaniard was sold while Gerrard has missed most of the second half of the season through injury. Liverpool have flourished in their absence and, should they overcome Fulham at Craven Cottage and Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield next Sunday, a side that were 12th when Dalglish
succeeded Roy Hodgson in January would be on the verge of securing European football.

"The more attacking options you have the better it is for everyone," said Dalglish. "Successful teams are the ones with the greatest number of options going forward and no team has been successful without a good dressing room."
Raul Meireles, Maxi Rodríguez and Dirk Kuyt have contributed 24 goals while, since losing 3-1 at West Ham, Liverpool have taken 16 points from seven games to put them on course to qualify for the Europa League. Perhaps because of their European traditions, Liverpool appear more unequivocally in favour of an arduous and financially relatively unrewarding competition than Tottenham.

"The two teams who are going to the final must love it. People crave European success then get in it and don't take it as an achievement," said Dalglish who denied that the prospect of European football had galvanised his team.
"They have pride in the football club they play for," he said. "That is more important than anything else. They have had nothing to play for, other than their pride and reputation, for many weeks. They aren't using anything else now."

Kenny Dalglish: Liverpool are no longer a two-man team | Football | The Guardian

Hey guys,just watching the match here and looking at Maxi its hard to know what to do with him this summer. Should he be kept next season due to his form over the past 3 matches or would you still like to see him leave???

Hey guys,just watching the match here and looking at Maxi its hard to know what to do with him this summer. Should he be kept next season due to his form over the past 3 matches or would you still like to see him leave???

I was all in favour of him leaving for pastures new - 'if he didn't pull up trees for the rest of the season'.

Well he's doing just that.

Does he stay or does he go ? A pleasant problem for Kenny

Of course Maxi should stay.
He's a brilliant footballer and just the other day he said that he loved the club and would like to be here to fight for a spot in the starting eleven, even though better talent comes in.
If his definition of fighting for a spot in the starting eleven is scoring 7 goals in 3 games, then of course he should be here.

I'm even gonna go as far as saying that he deserves to be in the starting eleven more than Carroll. At least he fits more into the "Pass and move" game that Liverpool have got going on right now.

Another brilliant performance by Maxi. Definetly keep him.

What's Kenny feeding Maxi? He wasn't doing this well for at least a year or two.

Back