That is a secksay front line.

Almost as good as Villa's. ;)

You must be kidding?
All bow down to the might of Bent,Young and Downing :P
Id feel confident of outscoring anybody with the lineup that ben posted :D

You must be kidding?
All bow down to the might of Bent,Young and Downing :P
Id feel confident of outscoring anybody with the lineup that ben posted :D

Definitely kidding. ;) It's not even "almost as good", Villa's is way better. ; )

Any news in the pipeline for a CB? Carra's ageing (though still very good), Kyri is a decent backup and good option for matches like Stoke but no more, and Wilson and so on are too young. Agger is excellent of course, but that still leaves a spot open.

Definitely kidding. ;) It's not even "almost as good", Villa's is way better. ; )

Any news in the pipeline for a CB? Carra's ageing (though still very good), Kyri is a decent backup and good option for matches like Stoke but no more, and Wilson and so on are too young. Agger is excellent of course, but that still leaves a spot open.

Yeah i agree we should get a CB. I dont really like Soto and i think Agger is too injury prone. Wilson, Coady, Wisdom are showing promise but we need somebody with more experience. Maybe somebody like Gary Cahill. But dont forget that if we get a LB in the summer, Johnson will probably be back on the right and i think Kelly could get a good few games in the middle. :)

Yeah i agree we should get a CB. I dont really like Soto and i think Agger is too injury prone. Wilson, Coady, Wisdom are showing promise but we need somebody with more experience. Maybe somebody like Gary Cahill. But dont forget that if we get a LB in the summer, Johnson will probably be back on the right and i think Kelly could get a good few games in the middle. :)

He's been so at home at RB I actually forgot he's a natural CB. :/

Still reckon Cahill's overrated, and I think Agger would play better with more of a big lump alongside him, like a better version of Skrtel. That said, he plays well with Kjaer, another more cultured CB, at international level, so maybe not. A CB pairing of Cahill and Agger would be one **** of a ball-playing backline.

Yeah i agree, It would be a serious back line. Hopefully Agger doesnt get injured too much next season. If he does i think he should go at the end of the season as he has been struggling with injuries the past 2 years...

Yeah i agree, It would be a serious back line. Hopefully Agger doesnt get injured too much next season. If he does i think he should go at the end of the season as he has been struggling with injuries the past 2 years...

Agger's had tons of injuries for ever, and now we should sell him while he's still pretty young. He should go to Italy were he won't get as many kicks.

I partly agree but would still like to see him given one last season to prove himself under Kenny. If he is rotated it could help his fitness as i dont think he can play week in week out.

To be fair, at the centre of defense since Clarke and Kenny have come in, Skrtel has looked far less shaky. Whilst I agree we need a new CB (IMO, get rid of Agger & Soto) then have Skrtel, Carra, Kelly & a new CB at centre back. If it was up to me, I'd get Coentrao/Enrique/Baines, put Johnson back at RB and then play Kelly and Carra at centre back with Skrtel as a back up.

But heck, what do I know :P

To be fair, at the centre of defense since Clarke and Kenny have come in, Skrtel has looked far less shaky. Whilst I agree we need a new CB (IMO, get rid of Agger & Soto) then have Skrtel, Carra, Kelly & a new CB at centre back. If it was up to me, I'd get Coentrao/Enrique/Baines, put Johnson back at RB and then play Kelly and Carra at centre back with Skrtel as a back up.

But heck, what do I know :P

I didn't realise that Coentrao was such a liverpool fan until I googled him.

It seems Real want him now - what a ******. RM plus CL football - a double whammey.

I don't much care who we get in as our new first choice CB - as long as he's got pace & is dead good of course.

FUuuuuuuu United.

"In our latest peek behind the walls of Anfield’s famous museum, curator Stephen Done tells us why we’ve won more than 18 league titles.

Ask any Kopite how many League titles Liverpool Football Club have won and 99 times out of 100 they'll tell you it's 18.

It's widely regarded as the record number of championship triumphs in England, but in actual fact, we've won 20.

We won one in the First World War and another one in the Second World War.

It's generally accepted that you are not really supposed to count those, but I know there are some clubs that are starting to include them in their honours list.

Whether you add them to the other 18 or not - the fact is that Liverpool have won two other championships.

Need proof of that?

Well, in the museum we have the Championship trophy from the 1942-43 season. It's from the North Championships Second Round competition. It may sound a bit complicated, but what it basically means, is that England was split up into the North and South to cut down on the amount of travelling.

They cut the fixture list in half too, because there was a fear that England may have been invaded and they weren't sure whether they would be able to complete a full season.

In some ways it sells the players short to discount them from the overall number of titles. The games were being played in very dark times under the shadow of war and so they were hardly taking it easy.

The trophy is quite modest in size because resources were very scarce, but it was regarded as something of morale-booster to have something to play for.

I'm rather fond of it and if our rivals start to get too close then I suppose we could start to count the 20, couldn't we!?

Taken from Liverpoolfc.tv"

YDaphus' transfer report at Anfield Index:

Well it's been over a week since i posted on here and as is the case the gossip is ramping to to what is looking like a busy,exciting smoke&mirrors summer.

Before i post the information i have i need to explain a few things:

1. All clubs have a set amount of targets which are then broke down into 1st,2nd,3rd&even 4th choice players...perfect example is the old LFC way under Parry when we went for Simao and ended up with Pennant...this will not be the case this summer.

2. If someone posts that they have direct contact with a players family member & can 100% confirm...then its BS..the way info is being leaked at the moment you have to get several pieces before you can feel confident in posting.

3. When i link us with a player its not 100% he will sign it's that the club are keeping options open and also throwing out misinformation to throw other clubs off...what i'll try and do is remove the smoke but it's not always easy.

Right here we go:

Dead or Non starters:

Defoe: as i reported a couple of weeks ago we were looking at him but this deal is officially dead.

Bale: Was never going to happen, he is Madrid bound IMHO

Hazard: RAWK are running with this&i'm getting stick from their members...this player will not come to us.

Sanchez: again this player has shown no interest in us at all&UTD are heavily linked as are Real Madrid,Chelsea&Milan Clubs

Sahin: see Sanchez.

Turan: Unfortunately i believe this player is Atheltico Madrid bound.

Xabi Alonso: We would all love to see him back, but it's not going to happen he's the lynchpin of Reals midfield and won't be moving IMHO

Possibilities:

Aguero: This deal has serious legs and there as been talks between the clubs..nothing overly formal but enough discussion since Jan to suggest it's still a goer. (i reported we had 1st choice&i stand by that)

Pastore: This name came out the blue last week and we have tested the water to enquire his avaiability...we have not been warned off...i expect a bidding war but we're in the mix.

Gervinho: Masive massive chatter about this player with Journo's&Ex-Reds mentioning his name...we were linked under Rafa but never had the funds..links have returned and this has real possibilities so keep an ear open.

Coentrao: again another player heavily linked in the summer&Jan..chatter has eased off on this with many believing he's Chelsea bound...i personally think he's high on our wanted list, getting him with be tough so i'll leave him as a possible.

Downing: Linked recently and i understand LFC management have put him on our list of potential buys in the summer.

Baines: Highly possible...Everton not willing to talk but the player is.

McCarthy: This youngster is highly thought off by Kenny and i would not be surised if we made a move...not much chatter so onl a possible.

Deals that are on

Ashley Young: This deal is almost certainly on and the player is ours if we want him...we've made strides and personal terms have been agreed...fee has been discussed at Chairman level with Kenny's approval.

Enrique: His agent has visited Melwood on at least 2 occaisions, which would suggest to me that this deal is in a similar state to Youngs whereby the player is ours should we want him.

Cahill: We are persuing this player on a daily basis..fee is around the £12.5-£15m mark which fits our plan and the player would jump at the chance to move.

Adam: We came agonisingly close to sealing this deal in Jan & Kenny assured him we would be back to conclude the deal...nothing i've heard has changed my mind on this.

So as you can see we're not even into the transfer widow yet and we've been linked with enough players to make our own league from.

There will be new players linked and some of the above will change situation, I will dowhat i can to point you all in the direction of whats happeneing so please bare with me on this.

YNWA.

Full discussion thread:
Transfer Report

YDaphus' transfer report at Anfield Index:

Full discussion thread:
Transfer Report

I read a post from this guy from down under in the same forum who emphasised the importance of getting players in to allow the playing of different tactics; he mentioned a 4-3-3 & a 4-4-2. This opened my eyes a bit as I'd become fixated with playing a 4-4-2 only; of course you'll have to be able to adapt to playing against different opposion formations - to be able to play wide or narrow when required. I'd take this a step further: instead of getting in wingers who are just wingers & forwards who are just forwards, buy players who can do both well - not an easy task, but this would allow us to move from one tactic to another during a game if needed. In an ideal situation, these are the players we should try & get in imo.

This revelation has changed my opinion about which widemen we should try to get in. Maybe KK's interest in Ashley ****** Young reflects this desire for adaptability, but who else is out there who can move between the wing & forward line ? Can Mata do this, or Afellay ? Any suggestions guys (& keep it clean) ?

I just dont know why but id hate to see Young play for us.Something about him that i dont like. Theres much better wingers out there for a similar price. Out of that list id love Baines, Cahill, Gervinho and Aguero. Those signings would make us a title challenger.

FUuuuuuuu United.

"In our latest peek behind the walls of Anfield’s famous museum, curator Stephen Done tells us why we’ve won more than 18 league titles.

Ask any Kopite how many League titles Liverpool Football Club have won and 99 times out of 100 they'll tell you it's 18.

It's widely regarded as the record number of championship triumphs in England, but in actual fact, we've won 20.

We won one in the First World War and another one in the Second World War.

It's generally accepted that you are not really supposed to count those, but I know there are some clubs that are starting to include them in their honours list.

Whether you add them to the other 18 or not - the fact is that Liverpool have won two other championships.

Need proof of that?

Well, in the museum we have the Championship trophy from the 1942-43 season. It's from the North Championships Second Round competition. It may sound a bit complicated, but what it basically means, is that England was split up into the North and South to cut down on the amount of travelling.

They cut the fixture list in half too, because there was a fear that England may have been invaded and they weren't sure whether they would be able to complete a full season.

In some ways it sells the players short to discount them from the overall number of titles. The games were being played in very dark times under the shadow of war and so they were hardly taking it easy.

The trophy is quite modest in size because resources were very scarce, but it was regarded as something of morale-booster to have something to play for.

I'm rather fond of it and if our rivals start to get too close then I suppose we could start to count the 20, couldn't we!?

Taken from Liverpoolfc.tv"

This is not even new. I saw this year back..

Not even champions of England.. Dont know how this is counted..

Cringeworthy..

Oh and good that many Liverpool supporters are not agreeing with this..

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=274700.0

Last edited:
This revelation has changed my opinion about which widemen we should try to get in. Maybe KK's interest in Ashley ****** Young reflects this desire for adaptability, but who else is out there who can move between the wing & forward line ? Can Mata do this, or Afellay ? Any suggestions guys (& keep it clean) ?

Young, Gervinho, Lavezzi, Pastore, Turan. Oh, and Suarez.

For me, this is MY best case scenario for this summer:

OUTS
Sortiris Kyrgiakos - 2m (Prone to giving away penalties and being ****)
Milan Jovanovic - 2m (Hasn't made an impact and wants to leave)
Joe Cole - 4m (Takes up way too much of the wage budget and is past his peak)
Daniel Agger - 12m (Class defender when fit, but very, very injury prone)
Paul Konchesky - 1m (Would take a McDonalds Happy Meal in a swap for him gladly)
David N'Gog - 3m (Doesn't have the quality to be a backup striker for a big team compared to Chamakh and Dzeko for example)
Christian Poulsen - 2m (Has been very disappointing, another of Hodgson's disasters)
Alberto Aquilani - 15m (Doesn't want to be at Anfield, will hopefully go to Milan if Juventus don't cough up)
Brad Jones - 1m (Doesn't seem happy to be a backup, don't know what he expected)

TOTAL: 42m

INS
Gary Cahill - 12m (A replacement for Agger, home-grown, plenty of potential)
Fabio Coentrao - 18m (Probably just a dream, but is the perfect modern attacking full-back - don't rule him out yet)
Moussa Sissoko - 12m (A solid young holding mid, would allow Lucas to enter the more advanced role he used to love)
Sergio Aguero - 35m (The real marquee signing, would give us the most formidable attack in the league)
Ashley Young - 15m (Adds great squad depth, can play all over the attack, can cross a ball, and seems like a done deal)
Gervinho - 8m (Another good winger, young, and not overly expensive, would add depth)
Backup GK - 2m (Just in case Reina - God forbid - picks up an injury)

TOTAL: 102m

NET SPEND: 60m

Now, knock this all you like, but this would give us so many tactical options. I'll use 4 examples for the time being:

4-1-2-1-2

Reina
Johnson - Cahill - Skrtel - Coentrao
Sissoko
Lucas - Meireles
Gerrard
Aguero - Suarez

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Spearing, Young, Kuyt, Carroll

4-4-2 Attacking

Reina
Lucas - Gerrard
Young - - - - - - - - - - - - - Suarez
Aguero - Carroll

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Sissoko, Meireles, Gervinho, Kuyt

4-3-3

Reina
Lucas - Sissoko - Gerrard
Suarez - Carroll - Aguero

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Spearing, Meireles, Young, Kuyt

4-5-1

Reina
Sissoko
Lucas - Gerrard
Young - - - - - - - - - - - Gervinho
Carroll

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Meireles, Suarez, Kuyt, Aguero​

Now, I know you may disagree on starting XIs and benches like Kelly and Kuyt not starting, so sub your preferred players in if you want, but tell me that that wouldn't be amazing. It would give us squad depth, and we know FSG are serious, spending this much would prove this.

This is a Premier League title winning team ;) (A)

Last edited:
Young, Gervinho, Lavezzi, Pastore, Turan. Oh, and Suarez.

Cheers.

I don't think LS would be comfortable as a winger, but I suppose he would be the second striker in a 4-4-2, which means we still need someone in who can play as a winger and forward. I think the most dooable of the names you mention are Young & Gervinho. Pastore would cost too much.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

For me, this is MY best case scenario for this summer:

OUTS
Sortiris Kyrgiakos - 2m (Prone to giving away penalties and being ****)
Milan Jovanovic - 2m (Hasn't made an impact and wants to leave)
Joe Cole - 4m (Takes up way too much of the wage budget and is past his peak)
Daniel Agger - 12m (Class defender when fit, but very, very injury prone)
Paul Konchesky - 1m (Would take a McDonalds Happy Meal in a swap for him gladly)
David N'Gog - 3m (Doesn't have the quality to be a backup striker for a big team compared to Chamakh and Dzeko for example)
Christian Poulsen - 2m (Has been very disappointing, another of Hodgson's disasters)

TOTAL: 26m

INS
Gary Cahill - 12m (A replacement for Agger, home-grown, plenty of potential)
Fabio Coentrao - 18m (Probably just a dream, but is the perfect modern attacking full-back - don't rule him out yet)
Moussa Sissoko - 12m (A solid young holding mid, would allow Lucas to enter the more advanced role he used to love)
Sergio Aguero - 35m (The real marquee signing, would give us the most formidable attack in the league)
Ashley Young - 15m (Adds great squad depth, can play all over the attack, can cross a ball, and seems like a done deal)
Gervinho - 8m (Another good winger, young, and not overly expensive, would add depth)
Backup GK - 2m (Just in case Reina - God forbid - picks up an injury)

TOTAL: 102m

NET SPEND: 76m

Now, knock this all you like, but this would give us so many tactical options. I'll use 4 examples for the time being:

4-1-2-1-2

Reina
Sissoko
Lucas - Meireles
Gerrard
Aguero - Suarez

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Spearing, Young, Kuyt, Carroll

4-4-2 Attacking

Reina
Lucas - Gerrard
Young - - - - - - - - - - - - - Suarez
Aguero - Carroll

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Sissoko, Meireles, Gervinho, Kuyt

4-3-3

Reina
Lucas - Sissoko - Gerrard
Suarez - Carroll - Aguero

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Spearing, Meireles, Young, Kuyt

4-5-1

Reina
Sissoko
Lucas - Gerrard
Young - - - - - - - - - - - Gervinho
Carroll

Bench: Backup GK, Kelly, Insua, Meireles, Suarez, Kuyt, Aguero​

Now, I know you may disagree on starting XIs and benches like Kelly and Kuyt not starting, so sub your preferred players in if you want, but tell me that that wouldn't be amazing. It would give us squad depth, and we know FSG are serious, spending this much would prove this.

This is a Premier League title winning team ;) (A)

Jeez, I hope FSG have got deep pockets. What a fantasy squad ! Sweet dreams are made of these....

Jeez, I hope FSG have got deep pockets. What a fantasy squad ! Sweet dreams are made of these....

I just made it even more do-able in an edit - we can sell Aquilani for a bonus 15m! :D So want this to happen :P

Back