The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Very poor result, i know we have a huge game on Saturday but 9 changes is a joke, not a clue why Reina was left out, haven't heard anything about him being injured at all, if we don't win on the weekend after this then Kenny is going to get slaughtered by the fans after sacrificing a big PL game.

Fernando Torres at his best > Luis Suarez - Discuss?

Also, am I the only person who thinks Saturday will decide of Kenny stay's or goes?

Omg, how can Liverpool be so **** :( ? Get Rafa Benitez back ffs, i've always said he shouldn't have left!

Omg, how can Liverpool be so **** :( ? Get Rafa Benitez back ffs, i've always said he shouldn't have left!

1 trophy this season, possibly a 2nd on Saturday, not that bad if you ask me
In the PL we've been pretty poor but in the cups we've been decent

I personally think an inform Torres is a World Class player, yet Suarez has done nothing to show that (in form) he would be of that standard. Suarez looked great on the weekend, and he still has a lot of time to improve and get used to the English game.

On the Kenny debate, surely finishing below Everton should be an indication that your manager is doing something wrong. Considering the limited amount of money your local rivals have spent in comparison to yourselves, there surely has to be a time where the failure takes over the unconditional love for a club legend, unless the club is content with finishing outside of the european places (although, obviously Liverpool have EUROPA football next season, due to the cup win(s)), which of a club of Liverpools fan base and stature, I would imagine that would be classed as a failure, even with the cup win(s). I think you guys need a change in manager, and to move a few players on, and get Lucas back to fitness, and you could push for top four, but I think Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Man United are all quite far ahead of you in squad quality, much like they are ahead of Newcastle and Everton.

Also, am I the only person who thinks Saturday will decide of Kenny stay's or goes?

I don't think Kenny will get fired if we lose Saturday, i read that his job is safe and they have faith in him (not that you can believe half of what you read). I do however think he will go if we don't get top 7 and tonight's performance put a real dent in that.

I personally think an inform Torres is a World Class player, yet Suarez has done nothing to show that (in form) he would be of that standard. Suarez looked great on the weekend, and he still has a lot of time to improve and get used to the English game.

On the Kenny debate, surely finishing below Everton should be an indication that your manager is doing something wrong. Considering the limited amount of money your local rivals have spent in comparison to yourselves, there surely has to be a time where the failure takes over the unconditional love for a club legend, unless the club is content with finishing outside of the european places (although, obviously Liverpool have EUROPA football next season, due to the cup win(s)), which of a club of Liverpools fan base and stature, I would imagine that would be classed as a failure, even with the cup win(s). I think you guys need a change in manager, and to move a few players on, and get Lucas back to fitness, and you could push for top four, but I think Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City and Man United are all quite far ahead of you in squad quality, much like they are ahead of Newcastle and Everton.

I agree, mostly. Obviously I am a Liverpool fan, so I'll be biased, I think Suarez has been great this season, 17 goals, which isn't too bad. Plus, his creativity and skill is fantastic too. But given the pick, I'd have Torres.

Well, yeah. We probably will finish below Everton, but we have won something for the first time in 6 years, and could maybe make that 2, come Saturday, so it kind of balances itself out, in a way. But I just honestly don't think he's the right guy to take us forward.. However, if we win Saturday, I'm happy with giving him another year to come good.

Agree. Torres at his best was nigh unstoppable. Scoring, creating, holding it up, running the channels. A complete player. Suarez, even taking into account his hatto the other day, doesn't have the skill and variety of what Torres' finishing used to be.

I agree, mostly. Obviously I am a Liverpool fan, so I'll be biased, I think Suarez has been great this season, 17 goals, which isn't too bad. Plus, his creativity and skill is fantastic too. But given the pick, I'd have Torres.

Well, yeah. We probably will finish below Everton, but we have won something for the first time in 6 years, and could maybe make that 2, come Saturday, so it kind of balances itself out, in a way. But I just honestly don't think he's the right guy to take us forward.. However, if we win Saturday, I'm happy with giving him another year to come good.

I agree 100% on Suarez, love the guy to pieces but if i was to choose now who i'd take i'd probably have Suarez, Torres hasn't been right for a while, heard it was psychological issues or something... but idk what's up with him, did play amazing on the weekend though.

But on their day Torres is a much better striker, easily one of the best in the world

If Kenny goes then i'd like O'Neill take charge, he;s a top manager and gets the best out of his players.

If Kenny goes then i'd like O'Neill take charge, he;s a top manager and gets the best out of his players.

Haha. On one hand people are bashing Kenny for poor transfer decisions and being ripped off for his purchases, and on the other hand some are calling for Martin "SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MONEY WORKS" O'Neill.

Haha. On one hand people are bashing Kenny for poor transfer decisions and being ripped off for his purchases, and on the other hand some are calling for Martin "SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MONEY WORKS" O'Neill.

Didn't he swap Zat Knight for Gary Cahill?

Fernando at his is a near complete finisher, one of the finest in the world. Like Dunc said, Suarez hasnt shown he can be any near what Torres could achieve at his peak. That may yet change, but there isnt really a comparision for me.

Kenny in my view is in big trouble regardless, and i think he is done should he fail tomorrow.

I dont think the cup balances things out. Liverpool arent supposed to be a mid-table cup side, the league is the meat and drink so to speak, for me thats where they should be judged, and its juts not good enough at all, a huge amount of catching up needs to be done, just to seriously challenge for the CL places, let alone a title shot.

Didn't he swap Zat Knight for Gary Cahill?

Pretty much. Also signed Nigel Reo-Coker for £8.5 million on 45k p/w, gave Heskey a four-year 50k p/w contract, and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Also signed Nigel Reo-Coker for £8.5 million on 45k p/w, gave Heskey a four-year 50k p/w contract, and so on and so forth.

Unsure if that tops £35m on Carroll, £14m on Henderson, £8-10m on Adam and £20m on Downing..

Actually, that probably does..

Unsure if that tops £35m on Carroll, £14m on Henderson, £8-10m on Adam and £20m on Downing..

Actually, that probably does..

The clincher is that he both signed Moustapha Salifou and called him 'the Togolese Zidane'.

Torres on form is one of the best strikers in the world if not the best.. So although I think Suarez is quality, Torres takes it quite clearly

Its great that LFC have won something finally But being 8th in the league and under pressure to fall further is abismal

If we don't beat Chelsea and win by 5 goals then it is our worst ever season at anfield in terms on results and goals scored. It's not good enough..

Starting to ask, was Hodgson that bad or was it simply we have a poor squad!? Because Dalglish is not doing much better.

Nah. Kenny's side isn't quite as poor as the results have been. Hodgson's team was hovering around the relegation zone out of merit and I can't remember too many key injuries interfering with things either - take Lucas out of that Hodgson team and he'd have been sacked even sooner!

Football being played has been much better this season. We haven't been efficient (copyright Rafa) in front of goal at all, and that's a huge issue - hopefully one addressed this summer. There's been some abysmal performances, that's true. There's also been some excellent ones. First season is always the roughest. If it goes on into next season, then Kenny'll have a lot more questions about where he's going. Give him time - there's glimmers of gold amongst the sea of ****.

Know the focus is on the CL. And the money makes the CL the be all and end all. But I don't want us to become Arsenal. Happy to qualify for the CL every year, sod silverware, milk the fans. Will never happen under Kenny. Roll on Saturday. Tough match, not optimistic, but it's what this club is about.

Back