The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Should have went for Sigurdsson when he left Reading. **** fine player, just what we need, a goal scoring midfielder. Sigurdsson, Mulgrew (<3), Huntelaar and Greizemann please...

Please...

...:(

Dont know though what you will do with all of your midfielders next season when Aquilani comes back.

Play them probably. We have the joys of the bloated early stages of the Europa League too look forward too.

Anyone remember all the jokes at the start of this season about all of Liverpool's CMs. Look how that turned out.

Shelvey I'm guessing will go on loan
Spearing kept as back up
aquilani I doubt will stay. Had this last year aswell
Adam will probably be used a rotation
Hendo will be used as rotation for both Cm and Rm...

Chelsea the better team for 60mins, Ramires made Enrique look silly for the first goal great ball from Mata from a lost ball by Spearing. Drogba's goal came from a good ball by Lampard which he was closed down by Spearing poorly, shot went through Reina's legs. Carroll came on made a nusence of himself and scored a very good goal, also had one saved (one of the best saves i have ever seen) by Cech which he tipped onto the underside of the ball (people think it was in, no chance).
you mean skrtel :P

Shelvey I'm guessing will go on loan
Spearing kept as back up
aquilani I doubt will stay. Had this last year aswell
Adam will probably be used a rotation
Hendo will be used as rotation for both Cm and Rm...

And dont forget Elm.

Rumours for the min... But our Cm options are only good enough for rotation at the minute.. We need new players even if we have to sell some

Yeah but if these Gaston Ramirez rumors turn out to manifest then that alone will be a huge boost. I think Henderson and Shelvey have a very bright future and honestly I think Hendo will come good next year. I say grab Ramirez and Keita, Keita would be a very influential player in the dressing room, on the field, and in general.

Yeah but if these Gaston Ramirez rumors turn out to manifest then that alone will be a huge boost. I think Henderson and Shelvey have a very bright future and honestly I think Hendo will come good next year. I say grab Ramirez and Keita, Keita would be a very influential player in the dressing room, on the field, and in general.

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard - Ramirez/Aquilani/Elm
Suarez - New Striker - Downing/Bellamy

Like this team alot tbh,

and we will have good rotation with Hendo, Carroll, Coates, Kuyt ( If stays ), Maxi ( If stays ) ETC

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard - Ramirez/Aquilani/Elm
Suarez - New Striker - Downing/Bellamy

Like this team alot tbh,

and we will have good rotation with Hendo, Carroll, Coates, Kuyt ( If stays ), Maxi ( If stays ) ETC

Aquilani has no intention to stay at Liverpool and England though.

Yes I know I've said that, that's why I put other options there... But I'd no one wants him he will have to stay, all depends on summer

I think after two not so succesfull ( = not signed permanently ) loan spells Aquilani will try to work things out in Liverpool if given chance.

Personally think we will sell/ release:
Aurelio
Aquilani
Kuyt and/or Maxi
Cole
Pacheco

We need a new CM (or two/ & to keep Aquilani), Winger (or two), & Striker.

Jackson Martinez could be an interesting choice, for £3-5m it's definitely worth a punt.. I mean, it's not like we're really going to be in the running for players like Giroud or Soldado.

Hopefully next season we will see more of the younger players. I just hope Danny Wilson takes Carragher's place in the squad.

**** no. 32 years old, and he'll want a ridiculous wage. Elm and/or Ramirez is a much more viable option, especially as our board aren't fond of signing old players (over 26). Think it's more likely he'll move to Asia.

Apparently so, but Milan have no intention of buying him.. As long as we sell him for £6-8m then the £12m we paid for him won't feel too bad. He's a good player though, would happily let him stay here.

Last edited:
Personally think we will sell/ release:

Aurelio
Aquilani
Kuyt and/or Maxi
Cole
Pacheco

Hopefully next season we will see more of the younger players. I just hope Danny Wilson takes Carragher's place in the squad.

**** no. 32 years old, and he'll want a ridiculous wage. Elm and/or Ramirez is a much more viable option, especially as our board aren't fond of signing old players (over 26).

Think it's more likely he'll move to Asia.

Apparently so, but Milan have no intention of buying him.. As long as we sell him for £6-8m then the £12m we paid for him won't feel too bad.

He's a good player though, would happily let him stay here.

Couple of comments there that I'd like to pick up on. Don't think we should sell Maxi, he has had few opportunities to show what he can do this season and whenever he is on the pitch he always performs, disappointing that he hasn't had more of a chance. I agree with that list of everyone else to sell though.

Rasmus Elm - I'll admit I'm totally ignorant about him and I'll have to go on what a good player he is on FM to speak. If anyone does have info irl on him then would be greatful to hear about him. On fm then, he looks like a very complete midfielder a bit similar to Meireles, with one big exception, it appears he throws the ball like Rory Delap... Which will be ugly to watch, but an absolute dream for Carroll I'd imagine. He apparently likes taking long shots too (hence the Meireles comparison).

As for Aqua, I've seen him play a lot (when he plays at least) for Milan this season.. and he is so so inconsistent. Sometimes he can play magnificent cross field balls and no one can get the ball off him when he is on form and then other times he just disappears (mainly after getting a kick off someone). I'd be happy to cut our losses on that one.

-------

Two other things I'd like to add, the aforementioned Carroll, mark my words he'll come good and by the end of next season everyone will be saying 35 million well spent. Strangely, I don't think the end of the season has come at the right time for him as he is just starting to bloom.

One signing I'd love to see us make isn't even a player - would like us to pay compo for Graham Carr.

AsSC6XKCMAAB9jc.jpg

No handshake for the two.

Couple of comments there that I'd like to pick up on. Don't think we should sell Maxi, he has had few opportunities to show what he can do this season and whenever he is on the pitch he always performs, disappointing that he hasn't had more of a chance. I agree with that list of everyone else to sell though.

Rasmus Elm - I'll admit I'm totally ignorant about him and I'll have to go on what a good player he is on FM to speak. If anyone does have info irl on him then would be greatful to hear about him. On fm then, he looks like a very complete midfielder a bit similar to Meireles, with one big exception, it appears he throws the ball like Rory Delap... Which will be ugly to watch, but an absolute dream for Carroll I'd imagine. He apparently likes taking long shots too (hence the Meireles comparison).

As for Aqua, I've seen him play a lot (when he plays at least) for Milan this season.. and he is so so inconsistent. Sometimes he can play magnificent cross field balls and no one can get the ball off him when he is on form and then other times he just disappears (mainly after getting a kick off someone). I'd be happy to cut our losses on that one.

-------

Two other things I'd like to add, the aforementioned Carroll, mark my words he'll come good and by the end of next season everyone will be saying 35 million well spent. Strangely, I don't think the end of the season has come at the right time for him as he is just starting to bloom.

One signing I'd love to see us make isn't even a player - would like us to pay compo for Graham Carr.

It wasn't so much a list of who we should sell as it was a list of players who I think we will sell. I think Maxi as another year in him for us, but it doesn't look like Dalglish is interested in keeping him. At least it means we will save £4-5m to invest in a young replacement.

Yeah, good all round midfielder with a powerful shot and wicked long throw. Don't think Rory Delap, think John Arne Riise. (;

Yeah, I can take or leave Aquilani, wouldn't complain about having him back but for a good price he's worth letting go.. Don't really see the need to loan him out for the third season, though.

Of course, their is hope for Carroll.. No need to write him off and I'm not.. Just think brining in a player like Martinez would put enough pressure on him.

Carr, good scout.. Much better than Dennis Wise! Don't think we need him, though.. A lot of scouts can do his job, he's just lucky because his chairman actually trusts his choices!

Finally had time to digest club level accounts. Wouldn't get too carried away with the idea of major purchases this summer. Our transfer kitty this summer looks likely to depend on two things: how much deeper into our overdraft are we willing/able (ability down to covenant restriction) go and how much money our owners are willing/able (able due to FFP rules) to put into the club.

Absent those two things, our player account (annual wages and transfer fees combined) depends on how much the wage bill has been and will be further reduced. That may be barely sufficient to get in one £10m player (assuming additional fees and his wages for a year and assuming we pay cash on the barrel for the transfer fee) - it may be sufficient to get in a couple of £15m players to replace those likely to be moved on during the summer. Player sales will of course boost this further, though I'm struggling to see where we'll raise much without further weakening the squad and beginning yet another counterproductive cycle.

We're in a much, much better position than we were in under H&G. However, I've got some concerns about how we move forward from here and repair the damage of them and the Purslow/Hodgson adventures in the transfer market. We'll see.

Last edited:
No offence but this chelsea team is really weak( turnbull, betrand, romeou etc) vs ur best side. So this is the expected result for me

No offence but this chelsea team is really weak( turnbull, betrand, romeou etc) vs ur best side. So this is the expected result for me

Bertrand has actually been decent, Turnbull not at fault for any of the goals either. Its the more regular player JT who is having the mare.

Back