The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Maxi's been horribly misused this season. Can't blame him for wanting to leave.

He wanted out last summer sadly. Was persuaded to stay one more season to add squad depth. When you're rebuilding a team, doesn't make much sense to make someone who's heading out of the door an integral part of it. Short term vs long term decision. Manager answers for it with his head if he gets it too far wrong, even if the pressure is coming from up on high.

He wanted out last summer sadly. Was persuaded to stay one more season to add squad depth. When you're rebuilding a team, doesn't make much sense to make someone who's heading out of the door an integral part of it. Short term vs long term decision. Manager answers for it with his head if he gets it too far wrong, even if the pressure is coming from up on high.

I see your point, but there's surely an argument to be made for finding a place in your squad for the only clinical finisher in the entire team. Not necessarily a case of making him an integral part of the team, more a fallback option. Still, bit of a moot point now.

I see your point, but there's surely an argument to be made for finding a place in your squad for the only clinical finisher in the entire team. Not necessarily a case of making him an integral part of the team, more a fallback option. Still, bit of a moot point now.

Yeah, there is. Think Maxi is a great little player. Love his movement, his intelligence and the way he cuts inside and gets into the box to be on the end of things. Have to back him up with either an out and out defensive midfielder or a more defensively minded fullback though, or you'll find that the side he's on will get over-run and he becomes totally ineffective and vanishes from games. Swings and roundabouts really, especially given Enrique's desire to get forward. So not really going to throw stones about his game time, all things considered. Probably should have played more if Kenny had been a tad more pragmatic. Same story with Dirk too.

this theory doesnt make sense as Chelsea's line up tonight was totally different compared to against Barca plus Chelsea beat Liverpool 3 days ago. Also yes Liverpool can beat Barca any team can beat any team on any given they which is a reason why football is so great.
Dude it was a joke...

They could have really used him all season. Wasted.

Totally agree, with the football Dalglish is trying to implement Maxi fits in perfect

Everytime he has played, he link up play with Suarez has been very good, the reason why he scores so many when he plays

And also, was Essien tackle one of the worst i have ever seen, or am i over exagerrating, because i thought it was disgusting

How it was only a yellow is beyond me :O

https://twitter.com/#!/search/essie...ket.com/albums/o552/barq_in/Essien-Tackle.gif

Surely one of the worst tackle, on par with the suarez tackle when he was playing in Dutch league.

luis%20suarez%20outrageous%20tackle.gif

(Not dig at Suarez before few get outraged for posting Suarez tackle, it is almost similar tackle).

Last edited:
And also, was Essien tackle one of the worst i have ever seen, or am i over exagerrating, because i thought it was disgusting

How it was only a yellow is beyond me :O

https://twitter.com/#!/search/essie...ket.com/albums/o552/barq_in/Essien-Tackle.gif

Carroll is lucky his leg is bent otherwise its getting snapped in two. Was a poor challenge and Essien does have a history (a word you all know well) of poor tackles, should have been a red for me. Saying that Suarez was a little lucky to recieve no punishment for his arm swing on Brana too.

To be fair Suarez deserves what he gets, I am glad Essien tried to put him straight. Suarez can dish it out but can't take it back, great player but also a very nasty one.

Essien's challenge was on Carroll not Suarez, if it was on Suarez i would have been a bit more happier with it.

Essien's challenge was on Carroll not Suarez, if it was on Suarez i would have been a bit more happier with it.

I think he done one earlier on Suarez in the game as well, not as bad as that but it was still a crunching tackle.

To be fair Suarez deserves what he gets, I am glad Essien tried to put him straight. Suarez can dish it out but can't take it back, great player but also a very nasty one.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if Keane was still playing and Suarez tried one of those moves against a player on his team. He'd be a marked man. Don't see much of that fighting these days though.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if Keane was still playing and Suarez tried one of those moves against a player on his team. He'd be a marked man. Don't see much of that fighting these days though.

If Keane was still playing football and was on the same pitch as Suarez I doubt he would still be a footballer :P

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw what comment you were replying too... my bad.

Last edited:
No matter who the player is, a tackle should not be meant to purposely injure someone, and I'll never laugh if a person is injured, even if i dont like the player

Being honest.. Suarez Forearm, Ivanovic Elbow, Essien Tackle and Shelvey Lunge could/should have all been red!

Last edited:
No matter who the player is, a tackle should not be meant to purposely injure someone, and I'll never laugh if a person is injured, even if i dont like the player

About time someone with sense made an appearance in this thread. Hate it when the muppets take over.

Being honest.. Suarez Forearm, Ivanovic Elbow, Essien Tackle and Shelvey Lunge could/should have all been red!

It got silly really. Essien's was a shocker.

Terry should have been sent off too. Must be against the rules to play as ***** as he did that night.

Back