The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Awful attitude to have, putting Club before Country is acceptable but not to support your national team is appauling, if you are a football fan that is.

You really are in the wrong thread to be talking about this. Liverpools fans more than anyone care for their club rather than country

Just for the record, yes I support both.

Im Irish but it would have to be Club ahead of Country for me too. I think in modern football it is the same for most people. Theres no great pride in national teams

Liverpool may's well be its own country, as the saying goes 'Scouse not English'. It's a common attitude.

How much did Lucas Leiva being injured affect Liverpool? If Leiva didn't get injured and Suarez didn't get suspended, could Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League?

How much did Lucas Leiva being injured affect Liverpool? If Leiva didn't get injured and Suarez didn't get suspended, could Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League?

Massively. Lucas affected more than Suarez. Lucas is the crux of our team now, he's not just the defensive midfielder, he also passes it precisely all the time. Just before he got injured he had more tackles, ball winning tackles, and higher % of successful passes for anyone in the league. Personally I wouldn't swap him for any other defensive midfielder in the league.

Lucas' contribution to the liverpool team is massive, he was badly missed.

Suarez didnt miss that many prem games, or big one's so dont think that really affected it

However, qualifying for the champions league? Probably not, no-one knows, all i can hope for is Lucas comes back the same player pre-injury!

It is one that is shared by a big percentage of Liverpool fans.

A large percentage of the world population believes in religion, doesn't make it true.

The country does feed you, shelter you, water, educate you, protect you, nice to know there's gratitude for that.

A large percentage of the world population believes in religion, doesn't make it true.

The country does feed you, shelter you, water, educate you, protect you, nice to know there's gratitude for that.

Well...

Dave Whelan just wont shut up, a least he is talking about his own club now.. saying Steve Bruce would stand a good place of Replacing Martinez

never known a chairman be so open about everything, loves the media attention.

The Swiss Ramble: Wigan Athletic's Unlikely Survival

Blog about Wigan's finances. Take from this that Martinez has had to work with very, very little funds. It also states Martinez likes to sign young, English talent before their price increases- just what FSG want. I.e Moses, Watson, McArthur, McCarthy, etc. Add to that some of the bargains he has signed too, Diame, Al-Habsi etc, I think it could work well if we hire him.

Whilst Bruce finished higher in the league, his signings were large, and their wages very large - Melchiot, Kirkland, N'Zogbia, Cattermole, Heskey, Palacios, Rodallega, Scharner, Valencia, and so on. These players were on massive wages, when Martinez came in he had much less to work with, and the fact he manages to continually keep his team up is a fantastic achievement. With added funds, wages, scouting system etc, who knows what could happen, added with his brilliant football philosophy.

As long as he doesn't sign Sammon.

I take all that back if he signs him.

The Swiss Ramble: Wigan Athletic's Unlikely Survival

Blog about Wigan's finances. Take from this that Martinez has had to work with very, very little funds. It also states Martinez likes to sign young, English talent before their price increases- just what FSG want. I.e Moses, Watson, McArthur, McCarthy, etc. Add to that some of the bargains he has signed too, Diame, Al-Habsi etc, I think it could work well if we hire him.

Whilst Bruce finished higher in the league, his signings were large, and their wages very large - Melchiot, Kirkland, N'Zogbia, Cattermole, Heskey, Palacios, Rodallega, Scharner, Valencia, and so on. These players were on massive wages, when Martinez came in he had much less to work with, and the fact he manages to continually keep his team up is a fantastic achievement. With added funds, wages, scouting system etc, who knows what could happen, added with his brilliant football philosophy.

As long as he doesn't sign Sammon.

I take all that back if he signs him.

Yeah but you're missing a few things there, and this isn't to defend Bruce by any means but (prices in euros):

Valencia, bought for 4 million, sold for 21
N'Zogbia, bought for a part ex deal, sold for 11 million
Palacios, bought for 2.2 million, sold for 15 million.

Those three alone easily cover the rest and leaves for money left over.

Have to say, not sure why there's fuss about club v country. If people want to put their club first, so be it. But if they don't support England either not a biggie. But the opinions on national performances are more disposable as they don't support national sides so why criticise?

And to be fair-probably want to put Liverpool before England because well lets face it-which side will win the more trophies lol

We're going from appointing proven winners to taking a huge gamble. We're switching from a manager to a head coach. People will understandably be underwhelmed. Would imagine that most will get back into line behind whoever is appointed when that happens. Lot of it seems to be because many of those less than impressed are those who are last to call for a manager's head so need to get stuff off their chests now while they feel able to I guess.

In all fairness though. Who else is there? 'Proven' managers have turned us down.

What does that have to do with supporting the National Team?

Saying Liverpool is more of a country to us then England, absolute pathetic attitude to have..

Back