The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Martinez is having another meeting with FSG tomorrow so he will probably be appointed manager.
'Probably' ... the search for a new Liverpool manager is so unpredictable!
What about Rafa Benitez? Has he been disregarded or is he still a bottom choice?
Not even on the shortlist from everything ive read, Benitez' wife posted on twitter that he hasn't spoke to Liverpool..

Would it be ideal to cash in on Skrtel for 20M and start using Coates and Kelly more often? That way there would be some more money/salary free to buy new prospects.

Would it be ideal to cash in on Skrtel for 20M and start using Coates and Kelly more often? That way there would be some more money/salary free to buy new prospects.

No thanks, we have sold far too many key players recentley, selling our best players will not help us improve

Think Rafa is looking for a complete role if he were manager, not the Head Coach role being proposed. He would not join with a DoF it would seem.

Think Rafa is looking for a complete role if he were manager, not the Head Coach role being proposed. He would not join with a DoF it would seem.

How would it be if Rafa Benitez were given the Director of Football spot and AVB would be given manager?

How would it be if Rafa Benitez were given the Director of Football spot and AVB would be given manager?

Again, Rafa would want full control so as DoF he is not getting that, they went massively off AvB really quickly and not sure why

Most managers are not interested working in this structure

Also just saw Diame was talking to Dalglish before he left over joining us next year

Great signing if it does eventually happen, although depends on new manager... good back up for Lucas and more than capable of playing that holding role.

Joe Cole saying he would be open to a move back to Liverpool. He has had a good season with Lille in Ligue 1.

Views? Who you guys welcome him back?

Joe Cole saying he would be open to a move back to Liverpool. He has had a good season with Lille in Ligue 1.

Views? Who you guys welcome him back?

With open arms, Him and Aquilani i would love to come back... more established than the like of Henderson, Adam, Downing ETC

will only add quality to our team :)

Joe Cole and Diame are not the kind of players you want to be signing if you want to even think of challening for a top four spot, although keeping Aquilani would be.

With open arms, Him and Aquilani i would love to come back... more established than the like of Henderson, Adam, Downing ETC

will only add quality to our team :)

Not sure why you'd want Aquilani back, he didn't have a great season with Milan.

I think Cole and Aquilani should be offloaded. They earn combined 10m or so and it's just too much. Fiorentina have shown interest in Aquilani cos I think they need someone to replace Montolivo so that could be sound move. Maybe try to get Vargas or Jovetic from there.

Joe Cole and Diame are not the kind of players you want to be signing if you want to even think of challening for a top four spot, although keeping Aquilani would be.

Joe cole is a flair type player, a creative player which we lack massively, played him behind a striker and he is an intelligent footballer..

Diame is on a free, wouldnt take much wages and would want to play for the club, he is also a very handy DM, and will be our back up to lucas.. something we lacked massively last year when he got injured

These will take hardly anything from our budget and will be rotation / back up players.. we then strengthen in areas with better signings

Joe cole is a flair type player, a creative player which we lack massively, played him behind a striker and he is an intelligent footballer..

Diame is on a free, wouldnt take much wages and would want to play for the club, he is also a very handy DM, and will be our back up to lucas.. something we lacked massively last year when he got injured

These will take hardly anything from our budget and will be rotation / back up players.. we then strengthen in areas with better signings

Last time I checked Joe Cole had lost all his pace, I doubt that has changed. In the BPL he was pretty uesless.

Last time I checked Joe Cole had lost all his pace, I doubt that has changed. In the BPL he was pretty uesless.

You dont need pace to play that AMC role, it helps but its all about his movement, his passing ability and his dribbling is still very good, never got really given a chance at LFC... Early Red Card and an injury really didnt help

No no no to Cole. Too old, high wages, and was **** last time around. Didn't look interested.

No offence to any Pool fans but with the season they have had.. They cant really hope to attract excellent players. Someone like Diame will add depth to the Liverpool squad and provide excellent cover for Lucas. Think Liverpool should also look at Junior Holliet... Cant see the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal chasing his signature so Liverpool have a good chance

Someone like Yakubu and Kevin Doyle would also be good additions. Darren Bent might be willing to come if Liverpool are prepared to stump up 25m. Nilmar from Villareal also looks to be a viable transfer target.

Perhaps even someone like Scott Sinclair?

There are a myraid of transfer options Liverpool can look at, if Martinez is appointed manager then players like Maloney and Di Santo will also be decent additions. Can't believe I forgot about Victor Moses who I think will become a very good PLM player one day

Cant be much worse than Adam/Henderson?!

Henderson is young and one for the future though. He will only improve from here on. Cole however is past it in my opinion although I was thinking he can still prove to be a good option off the bench

Back