The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
No offence to any Pool fans but with the season they have had.. They cant really hope to attract excellent players. Someone like Diame will add depth to the Liverpool squad and provide excellent cover for Lucas. Think Liverpool should also look at Junior Holliet... Cant see the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal chasing his signature so Liverpool have a good chance

Someone like Yakubu and Kevin Doyle would also be good additions. Darren Bent might be willing to come if Liverpool are prepared to stump up 25m. Nilmar from Villareal also looks to be a viable transfer target.

Perhaps even someone like Scott Sinclair?

There are a myraid of transfer options Liverpool can look at, if Martinez is appointed manager then players like Maloney and Di Santo will also be decent additions. Can't believe I forgot about Victor Moses who I think will become a very good PLM player one day

All the signings you mentioned are not really going to be good enough to get Liverpool into a top four place, although I think Hoilett should be one to go for. Maybe Diame for Lucas cover, that about it. If they want to get back in the top four they can't be looking at players like Yakubu, Scott Sinclair and Kevin Doyle.

Joe cole is a flair type player, a creative player which we lack massively, played him behind a striker and he is an intelligent footballer..

Diame is on a free, wouldnt take much wages and would want to play for the club, he is also a very handy DM, and will be our back up to lucas.. something we lacked massively last year when he got injured

These will take hardly anything from our budget and will be rotation / back up players.. we then strengthen in areas with better signings

Joe Cole is really keen to play CM. He's played there a few times in France and seems to enjoy it.. Not really sure he's the standard of play-maker we should be looking at, though. A 25 year old Joe Cole is what I want.

Yeah, Diame would be great back-up for Lucas. He's a quality player, especially as he's available on a free.

IMO we should attempt to somehow offload Cole and Aquilani, meaning we'll be £10m lighter in wages and bring in Diame and Hoillet on free's.

Joe Cole is really keen to play CM. He's played there a few times in France and seems to enjoy it.. Not really sure he's the standard of play-maker we should be looking at, though. A 25 year old Joe Cole is what I want.

Yeah, Diame would be great back-up for Lucas. He's a quality player, especially as he's available on a free.

IMO we should attempt to somehow offload Cole and Aquilani, meaning we'll be £10m lighter in wages and bring in Diame and Hoillet on free's.

Lowering the wage budget seems a OK idea, but its not as if we are a club who dosent have a few quid? Hoillet would be a great addition to the squad, I would also like to see Falcao at Anfield next season, lacking goals and im sure he could boost that!

Lowering the wage budget seems a OK idea, but its not as if we are a club who dosent have a few quid? Hoillet would be a great addition to the squad, I would also like to see Falcao at Anfield next season, lacking goals and im sure he could boost that!

My point was, by lightening the wage bill we can re-invest it on more players.

Yea why not. You can always sell Suarez, Skrtel, Reina and Lucas to fund that move.

Falcao to Liverpool? No chance he will leave for a team not in the Champions League.

If I am correct he replaced europa league with europa league(Porto-Atletico)...still its never going to happen because of his price tag.

Seeing lot of rumours that Liverpool are in pole position to sign Krasic from Juventus.

My Capello bet is still open, lets hope for an appointment out of the blue!

I have also been linked with the job. Now in 10/1 to get it....

Seriously. The media will spin out names every day or so. In less than 2 weeks we have had:
Rafa, AVB, Klopp, Rodgers, Martinez, Capello and Hiddink...

Lets all get off the media bandwagon. Nobody knows who is getting the job or whos favourite as FSG are playing their cards close to their chest. I trust the owners and will be happy with whoever we appoint once they have drive and ambition.

Seriously. The media will spin out names every day or so. In less than 2 weeks we have had:

Lets all get off the media bandwagon. Nobody knows who is getting the job or whos favourite as FSG are playing their cards close to their chest. I trust the owners and will be happy with whoever we appoint once they have drive and ambition.

Some of these are names fed to the media in all fairness.

Breaking News: Alex McLeish has been handed the reigns at Liverpool with a 5 year contract to try and get Liverpool back in to the top four and rebuild the squad.

Some of these are names fed to the media in all fairness.

Yeah but the media will listen to any tom, **** or harry and run with the story.

The only real source has been from Whelan saying he gave Liverpool permission to talk to Martinez. As for FSG and club officials they are trying to keep tight lipped and get on with their jobs.

Back