The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
1 up top, its the new formation and the way rodgers plays

it can be 4-3-3 or 4-5-1... towards the end of the season it was close to 4-2-3-1 with sigurdsson in the whole...

I would play Gerrard deeper and stick Suarez behind Carroll, I think Carroll is wasted on the bench!

I would play Gerrard deeper and stick Suarez behind Carroll, I think Carroll is wasted on the bench!

Gerrard has no effect deeper... Personally I'd put him behind Carroll with Suarez playing on the wing as a inside forward..

Gerrard has no effect deeper... Personally I'd put him behind Carroll with Suarez playing on the wing as a inside forward..

I personally cant see Suarez playing anywhere apart from up front. I think Joe Cole would fit into Rodgers system very well! Exciting times back at Anfield, hopes are high but it all takes time!

Yep! I personally think Suarez is better in the inside forward role, as his finishing isant the worlds best... However his dribbling is brilliant, thinks out wide isolating full backs and cutting inside suits him, however it will be very fluid with constant movement

As Rodgers is a bit of a wheeler dealer i can see that quite a few transfers are gonna happen at anfield this summer

Wheeler dealer when he didn't have a budget, now he has a fair bit.. Will be interesting..

Much prefer we went for antoine griezmann anyway.

Diame and or Keita
Griezmann
Backup ST
Sigurdsson

Would all be nice.

Johnson is not. Bojan more so.
Pass on Johnson anyway, a very hot/cold player who'd want a high wage after being at City so long.

What about Osvaldo of Roma?

Has some class - didn't set the league alight but certainly has talent.

Hope we do look to the French and Dutch leagues. Very much an untapped area of talent. Ajax, PSV, Twente, AZ all have plenty of good young players we can look to.

new away kit

5-wakl2012.jpg

6-wakl2012.jpg

Hoilett is also on a free...

Diame
Hoilett
Sigurdsson
New St ( big money signing )
back up Lbn

Id he happy :)
I agree and Hoilett being on a free is a bargain but I'd also want a new left winger as what we've already got isn't cutting the mustard.

Last edited:
No Hoilett, no Kuyt I mean what are we doing soon we'll be selling Gerrard and replacing him with some bloke who got rejected by Macclesfield.

Those things happened less than a day ago and you're not willing to wait to see who we sign before jumping to stupid conclusions?

I'm just saying we've sold our best winger and then missed out on the best winger available to us.

Kuyt has had his time, hardly featured last year... Lacks the pace for the new Rodgers system...

Hoilett wanted champions league football... also remember we were looking for a new manager and no signings for looked at because of this.

Back