The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Miccollio09 seems to think you don't need one

To be fair I wrote that before I found out Kuyt left. My logic was that Kuyt has gone, he mainly played on the wing, ergo we need a winger first and foremost. We do need a striker now too, although I maintain that it won't be such a glaringly obvious hole if Carroll does what he bought him for and scores goals.

It was a privilege to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world!! After 6 years I'm really looking forward to join Fenerbahce.

Dirk Kuyt twitter

Sad to see Kuyt leaving Liverpool, always the man to call upon for the big occasions. Gave 100% on and off the pitch, true professional. Good luck at Fenerbahce Dirk, legend YNWA.

What do you guys think will happen to Carroll? Was playing well around the end of the season but definitely doesn't suit the type of game style Rodgers had at Swansea.

What do you guys think will happen to Carroll? Was playing well around the end of the season but definitely doesn't suit the type of game style Rodgers had at Swansea.

Eh? How is he any different to how Danny Graham role?

First of all congrats to Brendan Rodgers for getting the Liverpool job. Secondly, I'm gutted Dirk Kuyt has left as he is one of my favourite players. Thirdly, we urgently need right winger and a back-up to Lucas preferably we get Diame on a free and get Hoilett cheap because Blackburn need the money and then use the rest of the budget to get the players that Rodgers wants so he can implement the style of play he wants.

Eh? How is he any different to how Danny Graham role?
He has better movement than Carroll, and I think his first touch and technique is better.. Carroll will have to adapt to fit....
First of all congrats to Brendan Rodgers for getting the Liverpool job. Secondly, I'm gutted Dirk Kuyt has left as he is one of my favourite players. Thirdly, we urgently need right winger and a back-up to Lucas preferably we get Diame on a free and get Hoilett cheap because Blackburn need the money and then use the rest of the budget to get the players that Rodgers wants so he can implement the style of play he wants.
Hoilett is also on a free...

Diame
Hoilett
Sigurdsson
New St ( big money signing )
back up Lb

Id he happy :)

He has better movement than Carroll, and I think his first touch and technique is better.. Carroll will have to adapt to fit....

Hoilett is also on a free...

Diame
Hoilett
Sigurdsson
New St ( big money signing )
back up Lb

Id he happy :)

Nah, Carroll can easily play the striker role, IMO.

Agree with your signings. Although, why sign a new LB? What's wrong with Jack Robinson?

Nah, Carroll can easily play the striker role, IMO.

Agree with your signings. Although, why sign a new LB? What's wrong with Jack Robinson?

Yes i believe he could, although he would need to improve still to maximise the most out of the formation, Youth is good but if Enrique gets injured it means we rely solely of Robinson... id just like a cheap experienced LB who could rotate with Robinson should Enrique get injured
Hoilett would cost over 5m in compensation iirc

For a young Lad, who has plenty of potential 5 Millino would still be a very good deal

Don't need a left back. Enrique, and Robinson is good enough. Johnson and Dagger can also play there if worst comes to worst.

Yes i believe he could, although he would need to improve still to maximise the most out of the formation, Youth is good but if Enrique gets injured it means we rely solely of Robinson... id just like a cheap experienced LB who could rotate with Robinson should Enrique get injured

For a young Lad, who has plenty of potential 5 Millino would still be a very good deal

Seems like a waste of wages to me.

Hoilett is easily worth £5m..

Last edited:
I thought Reina had quite a poor season in comparison to how he normally plays. Admittedaly his mistakes were more highlited due to the lack of goals but i think hes started to get complacent cause he has no rivals at liverpool and Casillias looks rock solid at number 1 in spain. Also think that suarez could be a **** of a lot better if he played properly and that he got fined, punished etc for diving(not just suarez, every footballer in the world) and if they replaced Carregher in the back 4.

We need 5 players, min i think. Will be interesting to see what role suarez will play in rodgers system? Will he play him and andy together or play with just 1 up top? who knows! RODGERS KNOWS!!!

We need 5 players, min i think. Will be interesting to see what role suarez will play in rodgers system? Will he play him and andy together or play with just 1 up top? who knows! RODGERS KNOWS!!!

1 up top, its the new formation and the way rodgers plays

it can be 4-3-3 or 4-5-1... towards the end of the season it was close to 4-2-3-1 with sigurdsson in the whole...

Hoilett signed for Gladbach on 4 year deal, being reported on twitter

Another off the list

Reus was pure class though, bad bad loss for them. Hoilett is decent but big shoes to fill.

Back