The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Kuyt has had his time, hardly featured last year... Lacks the pace for the new Rodgers system...

Hoilett wanted champions league football... also remember we were looking for a new manager and no signings for looked at because of this.
Thanks for clarifying things to me.

Getting impatient now. Can hurry up and ****** sign someone! Kagawa to united, Hazard to Chelsea and Hulk as good as confirmed, Podolski a done deal for Arsenal... Gylfi please!

SSN said Swansea deal for Sigurdsson is unlikely and that Liverpool will table a bid

Its been 5 days since the window opened, calm down.... we aren't realistically competing for the top players anyway

Brodgers is still on a holiday to Spain I do believe.
Anyway, if the Brodgers deal is anything to go by we won't know anything about transfers until a day or so before.

@duncanjenkinsFC: dont need to be a rocket surgeon to work this out but #lfc's swoop for #sigurdson is now becoming real.
The omnipotent, yet illiterate Duncan Jenkins saying Glyfil deal becoming likely.

Gylfi Sigurdsson has told Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið that he does not expect to stay at Swansea City next season.

The 22 year-old midfielder says he would have liked to continue his career at the Liberty Stadium as he enjoyed it, but admits he's unsure where his future lies due to Brendan Rodgers' move to Liverpool. He also says a move to Swansea City is unlikely now due to him not knowing who the manager will be, as they still seek a replacement for the Irishman.

Sigurdsson said:

''It's just unclear at this moment where I come to a play. I'd like to play on with Swansea since I was really happy there, but after Brendan Rodgers left the club for Liverpool changed the situation for it,''

He also says he'd consider a move to Liverpool but he hasn't talked to Rodgers about a move to Anfield.

''I have said that my desire to continue playing in the Premier League and Liverpool is completely considered. Liverpool is a big club that has a glorious history. English Premier League is the platform that I want to be and hopefully is that I continue to play in that division.

I expect not to stay at Swansea as the uncertainty going on there and not clear who is boss,''

In response to a question asking if he had talks with Rodgers about joining him at Liverpool, Sigurdsson added:

''No, but I got in touch with him when he was appointed Liverpool manager. I wish him congratulations and thanked him for a great time at Swansea,''.

Its been 5 days since the window opened, calm down.... we aren't realistically competing for the top players anyway

I suspect a lot of Liverpools likely targets will be at the Euros.

Also, Swansea have seemingly blown a nailed on deal for Sig. Spectularly badly handled that, and struggling with finding a manager

Also, Swansea have seemingly blown a nailed on deal for Sig. Spectularly badly handled that, and struggling with finding a manager

I think a loan for Shelvey would be good for both parties. With Glyfil we'll have a similar player, and he'll get plenty of experience at a club who like him, passes it well.

I know it's early still but would just like something to talk about!

Gylfi looks to be going in the right direction now, harsh on Swansea but business is business. Still want a strong rumour about a good dribbling winger now, I think I'm in the minority but not keen enough on Moses tbh. Someone like Boudebouz or Payet or Belhanda or Ait Fana would be fine by me!

I think a loan for Shelvey would be good for both parties. With Glyfil we'll have a similar player, and he'll get plenty of experience at a club who like him, passes it well.

Depends on the manager, staying at Liverpool could be beneficial for him.

Dunno, imo Shelvey is still capable of playing a deeper role and impressed towards end of season. Hate to say it but can see Gerrard getting phased out this season.

Agreed, Sigurdsson i believe will join

wouldnt surprise me if we were looking at Elm or Strootman

Back