The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He will within in the next couple of days.

But your exact words were Gyfil signed with Liverpool. We all know its likely to happen. No point posting about it unless its actually official mate.

He has signed with Liverpool, it's just not announced yet.

Em no he hasnt dude, Contract hasnt been signed. If it had it would be common knowledge on twitter etc. Plus Babbel came out and said today that he has until 30th June to decide. So that shows he hasnt finalised his decision.

Agent007ITK ‏@Agent007ITK
BREAKING: Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed for Liverpool FC. ‪#LFC‬

Posted yesterday. This guy knows what he is talking about. But idc if you don't believe me, when it does become official I will be the first to say I told you so. :p

Agent007ITK ‏@Agent007ITK
BREAKING: Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed for Liverpool FC. ‪#LFC‬

Posted yesterday. This guy knows what he is talking about. But idc if you don't believe me, when it does become official I will be the first to say I told you so. :p
Modric is going to leave Tottenham. There, I said it first.. if you don't believe me, when it does become official I will be the first to say I told you so.

He has signed with Liverpool, it's just not announced yet.

I don't believe I said it was official but ok.

To say that some tinpot twitter merchant knows something that the media and the club haven't announced is a bit naive. To claim it has been done but not announced it also stupid. As soon as a deal is done it gets announced, and even if it wasn't announced for some reason, financial terms have to be declared to the stock exchange, so the media would find out anyway. So clubs ALWAYS announce when a deal has been completed to save the 'embarrassment' (for want of a better word) of the media finding out from another official source.

Yes we all know he is highly likely to sign soon, but it's not completed yet. Do you really think that he has been signed and yet Liverpool are choosing to sit on their hands for a day or two rather than announce it? What are they waiting for? Do they only announce transfers on a Thursday because of superstition or something?

Twitter is the reason i despise transfer windows.

/

Quick question, would anybody keep Aquilani? I would, I'm a big fan of his and we paid £20m for him and he has had nowhere near a chance to backup his price tag imo, only 28 appearances and scoring twice. I think he is a technically gifted player and a far better player than Charlie Adam. What are your opinions, keep or sell Aqua? :)

Quick question, would anybody keep Aquilani? I would, I'm a big fan of his and we paid £20m for him and he has had nowhere near a chance to backup his price tag imo, only 28 appearances and scoring twice. I think he is a technically gifted player and a far better player than Charlie Adam. What are your opinions, keep or sell Aqua? :)

Its all about his mentality, when times get tough he seems to shy away.. He signs for an English club and quite obviously does not like the culture or the country.

He also has an Agent which seems to turn his head every season...

On talent, i would welcome him back with open arms, BUT only if his head is in the right place and he wants to play for Liverpool, If he doesn't, forget about loans, sell him.

Its all about his mentality, when times get tough he seems to shy away.. He signs for an English club and quite obviously does not like the culture or the country.

He also has an Agent which seems to turn his head every season...

On talent, i would welcome him back with open arms, BUT only if his head is in the right place and he wants to play for Liverpool, If he doesn't, forget about loans, sell him.

Yeah true, he doesn't look to have adapted well to England or the Premier League and his agent seems to make most of the big decisions for him. I just think it's a waste farming him out to different clubs every season and then they're not buying him afterwards, I heard that AC Milan wouldn't buy him for £6m that was supposedly a clause in the contract after he played so many games (25 I think, which he played) but they expected the club to terminate his contract so he could sign for a free, I think we should give him a season and hopefully he gets his head down, settles in and proves his worth. It would be disappointing seeing a good player go to waste. :(

In the games i saw of him in his 1st season against us, he was a standout performer in most of them, also, i reckon the reason his mentality hasnt appeared to have been great is because he was never given the chance by the manager, Hodgson loaned him out and so did KD. I reckon if he is given the chance he will come good

I for one think that we will never know what really goes on with Alberto, but based on the fact no Italian club even wants him and also that he just doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude to compete let alone succeed; this just goes to show that maybe it's time for him to move on

In the games i saw of him in his 1st season against us, he was a standout performer in most of them, also, i reckon the reason his mentality hasnt appeared to have been great is because he was never given the chance by the manager, Hodgson loaned him out and so did KD. I reckon if he is given the chance he will come good

They both loaned him because he didn't want to play, Many said it was his Agent turning his head but no one knows... No doubt he has ability, but it's weather he has the correct mindset and consistency

Apparently in for Fabio Borini.

Id be happy with that, a big name striker would mean one player would always near enough miss out, meaning this would not benefit Carroll one bit who is a confidence player..

A young striker who can also be called upon is a good choice, Borini also was very good for Swansea when he was on loan there

I'd be pleased with Borini too. Looked the **** at Swansea, and has already worked with Rodgers. He's spent the season as a poacher, got about 10 in 21 matches and he's only 21. Something like 7 million to each of the two clubs co-owning him, so about 14 million overall, PSG interested too, but hopefully Brodgers will be a key factor.
Sigurdsson and Borini are home grown too I think? Know the language etc too.

I'd be pleased with Borini too. Looked the **** at Swansea, and has already worked with Rodgers. He's spent the season as a poacher, got about 10 in 21 matches and he's only 21. Something like 7 million to each of the two clubs co-owning him, so about 14 million overall, PSG interested too, but hopefully Brodgers will be a key factor.
Sigurdsson and Borini are home grown too I think? Know the language etc too.

Wow, £14m, really? Parma paid like €300,000 for him last year!.. Personally think there is a better option for that kind of money.

But yeah, they both count as Home grown.

Wow, £14m, really? Parma paid like €300,000 for him last year!.. Personally think there is a better option for that kind of money.

But yeah, they both count as Home grown.

Meh, 14 million wouldn't be bad for someone at 21, who's in the Italy squad, and has already impressed briefly in England. Better than paying that for someone like 27 or something.

Back