The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
My next door neighbours son's cats kitten has just heard that Gylfi is due to sign officially before the end of the week... Anyone got any news on that or any other strong rumours on signings in or out for us?

So, do you guys remember me saying that Mandzukic would be ideal for L'pool ? Have you changed your minds ;) ?

Seems to be some definite interest from City for Skrtel. Apparently 'had his head turned'

I rate Skrtel highly but he'd warm the bench at city. Kompany is perhaps the best defender in the prem (I favour him over Vidic) and Lescott has been in great form for over a year - and seems to know where the net is. Unfortunately I see very few players in our team who are indispensable so for a few quid I'd say ok.

Seems to be some definite interest from City for Skrtel. Apparently 'had his head turned'

He's alright but if you get a good price for hiim take it and he can be replaced quite easily, maybe even that young Greek defender who has been so highly rated in the Bundesliga, although you may want a more experience reliable alternative as it probably will be your first choice.

He's alright but if you get a good price for hiim take it and he can be replaced quite easily, maybe even that young Greek defender who has been so highly rated in the Bundesliga, although you may want a more experience reliable alternative as it probably will be your first choice.

If he's anything like last season, I don't want to sell him for anything less than 40 million. If he goes, it'll be for about 20-25 million probably. Last season, for me, he was just behind Kompany as the best centre back in the league.

Skrtel was brilliant last season, one of our best players... would be a bad deal selling him... only go backwards if we sell our key players

Can't think of many replacements like him. Very physical, and dominating centre half. Would love for Coates to be given the chance, but we'd still need to sign another centre half.

Can't think of many replacements like him. Very physical, and dominating centre half. Would love for Coates to be given the chance, but we'd still need to sign another centre half.
Coates should be playing more instead of Carragher. If Skrtel goes you definitely need a replacement, especially with Agger's injury history

Agger was fantastic for Denmark all tournament. Gutted he went out. Didn't half shut up Gomez, van Persie and Ronaldo.

five games..

18 West Brom
25 Manchester City
1 Arsenal
15 Sunderland
22 Manchester United

Stoke away on Boxing Day. Good last few matches though, and over Christmas.

Ah balls. At least they're at home. As was mentioned, Rodgers is getting thrown into the deep end.

LOL, Lucas wont be leaving, and it certainly wouldn't be to Stoke. One of their most important players, and someone who could certainly fit Rodgers approach

Lucas and Brendan Rodgers' styles of play are like wet dreams for each other.

Back