The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I've been told we've offered €10m, which isn't as bad! - However, from what I've been told about him (by Juventus, Inter & Lazio fans) even if it was €15m, I'd still be happy.. Also, he's only 21 so had the time and ability to improve.

Meh, 14 million wouldn't be bad for someone at 21, who's in the Italy squad, and has already impressed briefly in England. Better than paying that for someone like 27 or something.

Of course, but it's a huge gamble.. This kid has scored like 10 competative goals in Serie A, although €10m isn't that bad. TBF, probably better than spending £17,000,000 on Huntelaar.

Of course, but it's a huge gamble.. This kid has scored like 10 competative goals in Serie A, although €10m isn't that bad. TBF, probably better than spending £17,000,000 on Huntelaar.

They are two different types of player.

Huntelaar is as pure a finisher you will find, Borini has far superior link up play. Basically a better version of Danny Graham, which is why Rodgers is tracking him.

Whats with Liverpool and Chelsea rejects :P

Kidding. Think he will be a good signing. Did well for Roma last season and at 21, has loads of time to become even better

Ben Smith says we're definitely interested, but yet to bid.
Duncan Jenkins says it's true, too.
Looks legit folks, isn't he with Italy? So we'll have to wait for him to get back first, at the earliest next week.

The man who aimed the Monkey gesture at Evra has been Banned for 4 years from games, and not allowed in Liverpool City Centre 4 hours before and after games...

Quite right, These type of 'Fans' just make the reputation of Liverpool suffer....

Roma have exercised their part-ownership clause and now he is a Roma player it seems

Roma have exercised their part-ownership clause and now he is a Roma player it seems

Would he be allowed to play for another team? as you can't play for 3 teams in one window or does co ownership not count.... This italian thing is so annoying

Would he be allowed to play for another team? as you can't play for 3 teams in one window or does co ownership not count.... This italian thing is so annoying

Yes. He hasn't yet played for any team this season.

Only Roma would be counted towards that rule.

Roma have paid a combined fee of about €10m for Borini over the past 12 months.. Really don't think they would go through all that just to sell him on to Liverpool.

Although, well done Parma, turning a free transfer into €10m, nice.

Yes. He hasn't yet played for any team this season.

It doesn't physically have to play a match.

It doesn't physically have to play a match.

I think he does need to play match to be counted onto that. Good example is Kevin-Prince Boateng who was first at Portsmouth, then sold to Genoa who then sold him onto Milan.

In space of one transfer window he was with 3 clubs, but he played for only one of them.

You can't be contacted to three teams in one window, you don't have to play for them...

BTW: strong rumours Sigurdsson has joined Spurs or agreed terms... Amazing.

I think he does need to play match to be counted onto that. Good example is Kevin-Prince Boateng who was first at Portsmouth, then sold to Genoa who then sold him onto Milan.

In space of one transfer window he was with 3 clubs, but he played for only one of them.

He was loaned to Milan, then was part of a co-ownership deal.

Former LFc academy player Miki Roque has lost his battle with cancer. Only 23 years old. So sad to hear this. YNWA Miki

You can't be contacted to three teams in one window, you don't have to play for them...

I dont think it counts for Co Ownership deals. For ex, Juve signed other half of Giovinco few days back and there were rumors that they want to include him in a deal to sign Cavani.

Yes. Although, co-ownerships don't count, nor do loans.

Don't think Sigurdsson would do that, hope not anyway.

He was loaned to Milan, then was part of a co-ownership deal.

I've always thought/remembered it was straight co-own with playing rights to Milan, but you might be right. Never know with italians.

Back