The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Its not like its silly money, reported wages is between 30k - 50k with Spurs offering the later or close to it

we cant expect to offer less anymore and still attract players as we're not competing, we at least have to match peoples offers!

Many Journalists and Liverpool ITK people, have said Liverpool were certain to sign Sigurdsson, But Spurs have blew them out of the water with the contract offer... Apparently its quite big and Liverpool are not prepared to go that high

With the fee being only 6.5-8 mil i think we really are missing out on a gem here... Really annoyed about this one.!!!

The offer isnt even that high from Spurs, about 40k. Not sure what is going on with Liverpool funds. Forget the the calibre of Llorente type players at that rate.

The offer isnt even that high from Spurs, about 40k. Not sure what is going on with Liverpool funds. Forget the the calibre of Llorente type players at that rate.

Exactly, hearing we have funds but a wage budget is in effect... well in todays market, you are never going to get a top player on small wages when other teams are competing

I dont think its a big blow is Gyfil went to Spurs, we have alot of midfield options as it is, and with Cole and Aqua on the way back competition looks good. Focus more on out and out winger, with Kuyt gone that area of our squad is empty. :)

Exactly, hearing we have funds but a wage budget is in effect... well in todays market, you are never going to get a top player on small wages when other teams are competing

I knew Liverpool needed to be relatively prudent with funds, but if you cant offer 40k for him...

I dont think its a big blow is Gyfil went to Spurs, we have alot of midfield options as it is, and with Cole and Aqua on the way back competition looks good. Focus more on out and out winger, with Kuyt gone that area of our squad is empty. :)

We needed goals from out midfield, something Gylfi would have brought... Henderson, Adam, Lucas, Aqua i cant see getting that many goals... think we deffinatley need a new CM.. a winger/inside forward and a back up/ young hungry striker in case Carroll cannot adjust

I knew Liverpool needed to be relatively prudent with funds, but if you cant offer 40k for him...

Even if Liverpool did offer it Spurs would still be the more attractive option, better squad to be with.

Please no to Cole, and I do hope Aquilani leaves too. We definitely need midfield reinforcements.

Think the factor of Rodgers and more promise of regular football would be with Liverpool

Maybe, who knows, I think BRodgers system would fit him very well, but not too sure about Spurs as they have no manager currently, if it was Harry still he would of fit their style good as well.

Spearing and Shelvey not float ya boat? :P

Exactly^ Cole and Aqua need a chance, everybody does.

Shelvey has a future, looked decent when being played... Spearing is not a top half side player... average player but not up to a high standard.. still need more options as Aqua mentally is shocking and cole deserves a chance but we need someone incase he is not up to it

Maybe, who knows, I think BRodgers system would fit him very well, but not too sure about Spurs as they have no manager currently, if it was Harry still he would of fit their style good as well.

Yes it depends on if the manager will play a 4-4-1-1 variation or go with two up top... Sigurdssons best position is that CAM role

Shelvey's going to be good, Spearing's okay for back up. Cole is atrocious, and on 90K a week has to be moved on. Aquilani's made it clear he doesn't want to be in England, there must be a reason no club wants to buy him, he's weak like kitten, well, a fascist kitten that is.

Shelvey's going to be good, Spearing's okay for back up. Cole is atrocious, and on 90K a week has to be moved on. Aquilani's made it clear he doesn't want to be in England, there must be a reason no club wants to buy him, he's weak like kitten, well, a fascist kitten that is.

Think you're going to be stuck with Cole unless you can ship him out on loan. No one will want to match his wages

Really hope we can offload Cole and/ or Aquilani.. Would probably save us 9 or 10 million£ in wages alone.. Unlikely though, which sucks.

Also, it turns out Maxi might not be leaving this year, which would be a shock.

Genuinly don't understand how the papers can keep running the Borini story, why would they sell him for 9ish million£ when they've already invested over €10m in the kid!? That's just bad business.

Even if Liverpool did offer it Spurs would still be the more attractive option, better squad to be with.

Yeah what's not appealing about a manager-less, Adebayor-less club where all the talented players want to leave? Personally don't think they are a much more attractive choice than us which is why this probably comes down to money.. Wouldn't surprise me if his agent leaked this information just to get more money out of us.

Last edited:
I don't understand why, if we get rid of Aquilani, we can't justify spending 40k a week on Gylfi

Really hope we can offload Cole and/ or Aquilani.. Would probably save us 9 or 10 million£ in wages alone.. Unlikely though, which sucks.

Also, it turns out Maxi might not be leaving this year, which would be a shock.

Genuinly don't understand how the papers can keep running the Borini story, why would they sell him for 9ish million£ when they've already invested over €10m in the kid!? That's just bad business.

Yeah what's not appealing about a manager-less, Adebayor-less club where all the talented players want to leave? Personally don't think they are a much more attractive choice than us which is why this probably comes down to money.. Wouldn't surprise me if his agent leaked this information just to get more money out of us.

I think you will find most of that is media speculation, apart from the obvious Luka Modric. You can't exactly say top players at Liverpool are happy either, Martin Skrtel for example.

Back