The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Someone, who the mods trust, is on RAWK trying to convince people that Sigurdsson is still up in the air for us, and will find out on the 1st.

Yea there is a few people still saying on twitter he will go to us.. Apparently his Father wants him to come to LFC aswell...

Sigurdsson still seems like a greedy ****** though.

Every footballer today is considered a greedy ****** if he wants to earn good.And what is he asking 40k there are better ******* out there in every big club for asking wages they **** not deserve.

Every footballer today is considered a greedy ****** if he wants to earn good.And what is he asking 40k there are better ******* out there in every big club for asking wages they **** not deserve.

He's not asking for £45,000. He's asking for around £70,000/£75,000

He's not asking for £45,000. He's asking for around £70,000/£75,000

Not being unreasonable. Especially after the poor season you just had. You need to provide the extra premium for a player as good as Gylfi to move to you anyways

Why would anyone choose Liverpool over Tottenham for footballing reasons at the moment as well. I mean Tottenham in my view have a better squad overall, been much more better in the league over recent seasons.

Well, you'd go for the manager and/or the history, wouldnt you?

In Scandinavia a lot of kids supports Liverpool and Man Utd because those were the teams doing well when their dads grew up, especially Liverpool with their dominant decade. Plus he may have looked at Pienaar's move, and the impending AVB/whoever appointment, and go with the option of moving to join a club with a manager he respects and knows what he's going to get.

The money request is probably a lot to do with the announcements that the new premier league sponsorship money is greater than expected, which is going to filter down into increased wages across the board. If you're going to sign a contract after the deal was announced but before the money starts filtering through, it's worth pre-empting that if you want your client to have a competitive wage for the next few years for a player of his quality/demand.

Well, you'd go for the manager and/or the history, wouldnt you?

In Scandinavia a lot of kids supports Liverpool and Man Utd because those were the teams doing well when their dads grew up, especially Liverpool with their dominant decade. Plus he may have looked at Pienaar's move, and the impending AVB/whoever appointment, and go with the option of moving to join a club with a manager he respects and knows what he's going to get.

The money request is probably a lot to do with the announcements that the new premier league sponsorship money is greater than expected, which is going to filter down into increased wages across the board. If you're going to sign a contract after the deal was announced but before the money starts filtering through, it's worth pre-empting that if you want your client to have a competitive wage for the next few years for a player of his quality/demand.

Yup, no agent worth his salt will have forgotten the massive new TV deal that's been signed, and will try and get a piece of that.

Also He is a top class player, and knows he is in demand from two good clubs. He's maximising his hand. If LIverpool dont like it, don't sign him.

Last edited:
I dont blame Sigurdsson, anyone would try and get better wages when two good clubs like Liverpool and Spurs are after you,

Just abit annoyed after we waited for him to talk to swansea he has then ****** us off for spurs, again thats football, but it aint half annoying!

About right for a player of his quality when two clubs are chasing him.

His quality? Come on, Mike, he isn't that good. A fair wage for him would be around £50,000/£60,000 per-week, at best. Maybe if he can prove himself in the league over 1/2 seasons's, then yeah, maybe what he's asking now, but not at the moment.

He's going to a club that has outperformed Liverpool in recent history, and that are offering him a better wage. It makes perfect sense, not greed.

His quality? Come on, Mike, he isn't that good. A fair wage for him would be around £50,000/£60,000 per-week, at best. Maybe if he can prove himself in the league over 1/2 seasons's, then yeah, maybe what he's asking now, but not at the moment.

Then lose him to Spurs. He has two clubs chasing him, at a time when the TV deal has just massively increased. Don't like it, don't pay.

Quite good to see a more strict approach to the wages though, fee's and wages were ridiculous the past few years.. Aquilani, Cole, Keane ETC and we are struggling/struggled to get rid of them without losing alot of money!

I'd like to add that I really really really doubt that we're going to pay Sigurdsson 70k per week. Probably made up by some bitter Liverpool fan.

I'd like to add that I really really really doubt that we're going to pay Sigurdsson 70k per week. Probably made up by some bitter Liverpool fan.

Saw loads of different things going around, and tbh i dont believe it aswell..

around 50k id say, thats just a guess though..

Off topic... Fabio Aurelio has been ruled out for the season after rupturing knee ligaments in Gremio training!!

The lad has no luck at all!

Then lose him to Spurs. He has two clubs chasing him, at a time when the TV deal has just massively increased. Don't like it, don't pay.

I'll lose him to Spurs, I'm not complaining about that. Just saying, he isn't worth £75,000 per-weeks.

I'll lose him to Spurs, I'm not complaining about that. Just saying, he isn't worth £75,000 per-weeks.

He isn't and won't be paid 75k per week.
If anything i'd imagine that it would be slightly more than what you're offering him but with very good bonuses. Thats how Levy works.

Back