The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
think is though do we need allen? weve now got gerrard aqullani adam shelvey lucas spearing henderson who are all cm

Gerrard - Getting on, still a key player but wont be playing that much longer...
Aqua - Nobody knows where his head is, weather he wants to play ETC, liability
Adam - Hot and Cold, not realiable, but can be brilliant odd games
Shelvey - Youngster, dont want to put lots of pressure and throw him in all the time
Lucas - DM, different role to the other two CM's we'll employ..
Spearing - DM, and simply not good enough, only a back up
Henderson - Again he is young, and was hot and cold last season, not reliable aswell

so IMO, from that list only Gerrard, Lucas are reliable definite starters

Also Allen will add to the philosophy that Rodgers has, having played their last season

Obviously if he came in, i would be fairly certain at least one going maybe 2.. Aquilani and maybe Adam.

Just my opinion though :)

Gerrard - Getting on, still a key player but wont be playing that much longer...
Aqua - Nobody knows where his head is, weather he wants to play ETC, liability
Adam - Hot and Cold, not realiable, but can be brilliant odd games
Shelvey - Youngster, dont want to put lots of pressure and throw him in all the time
Lucas - DM, different role to the other two CM's we'll employ..
Spearing - DM, and simply not good enough, only a back up
Henderson - Again he is young, and was hot and cold last season, not reliable aswell

so IMO, from that list only Gerrard, Lucas are reliable definite starters

Also Allen will add to the philosophy that Rodgers has, having played their last season

Obviously if he came in, i would be fairly certain at least one going maybe 2.. Aquilani and maybe Adam.

Just my opinion though :)

Personally i only want to see Aqua at Anfield next season if he makes a statement saying he is commited to the club and wants to be there. Also, Allen is a very good prospect and Gerrard is getting on, Spearing not good enough imo, Aqua could leave. That leaves 3 players for the 2 CM roles. Shelvey, still learning and needs to improve. Hendo, potential is there but needs to step it up and Adam, Needs to stop trying to be the hero with his 40 yard passes and play more simply.

With this supposed bid accepted from PSG for Ibrahimovic does it mean there is substance in the Carroll -> Milan rumours?

Apparently they have had bids Accepted for both Silva and Ibra... They are going to be a force if true! although i wouldnt believe it just yet, Silva signed a new contract days ago if im not wrong??

51.3 Million...

Wow

Last edited:
Twitter rumours of Huntelaar, 18 Million

Will believe it when i see it on BBC or SSN

Twitter rumours of Huntelaar, 18 Million

Will believe it when i see it on BBC or SSN

Nope. Rodgers wants a front free who can interchange, apparently. If so, Borini and suarez and _____. Huntelaar doesn't fit the bill, nor does Carroll. Would love Huntelaar though.

At present, Fulham are the only club prepared to make an offer to buy - rather than loan - Carroll, with Liverpool having already decided to contact clubs to see if they are interested in signing the England international.

It had been thought that Liverpool were seeking a loan for Carroll, whose future has been publicly questioned by new manager Brendan Rodgers, but it is understood they are interested in a sale. That would, as things stand, make Fulham the favourites if the player can be persuaded to leave.

West Ham chairman David Sullivan is due to meet Carroll’s agent, Mark Curtis, on Thursday but sources at the newly-promoted Premier League club still rate the chances of success at little more than “10 per cent”.

Nevertheless West Ham are keen to make a ‘marquee’ signing and will continue to push for Carroll. Even if the 23 year-old did go out only on loan, it would be an expensive deal with Liverpool expected to demand a big loan fee and a high portion, if not all, of his wages being covered.

Fulham want to acquire a powerful striker having missed out on Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak, who was on loan last season but has since agreed a permanent deal with Reading. With Fulham having sold Bobby Zamora to Queens Park Rangers in January and Andy Johnson leaving to join the same club this summer, they are short of strikers.

[h=2]RELATED ARTICLES[/h]
Fulham are also acutely aware of Liverpool’s interest in Clint Dempsey, who has just one more year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and would like to leave, ideally in search of Champions League football.
Liverpool cannot offer that to the American but are undoubtedly a bigger club although they are resisting the £7 million plus being asked for by Fulham for a player who is 29. Liverpool are understood to have made an offer, however, and talks are ongoing. Fulham would like to investigate the possibility of agreeing a deal of Dempsey plus cash for Carroll – who is believed to now only be valued at around £15 million – although the club will also have to evaluate the player’s character.
Liverpool are expected to tomorrow announce the signing of Fabio Borini from Roma for around £11 million, which will raise further questions over Carroll’s chances of regular first-team football this season.
Liverpool could rationalise his sale, and the loss of £20 million in his fee, by claiming they would still remain in profit given he was signed following the £45 million recouped from Fernando Torres’s departure to Chelsea in January last year.
Carroll has insisted that he would like to stay at Liverpool and fight for his place but if Rodgers makes it clear he is not part of his plans then it could lead to a rethink, especially if the former Newcastle striker is determined to pursue his England career. Carroll would not appear to fit the fluid 4-3-3 formation favoured by Rodgers, who had Borini on loan at Swansea and has tracked his progress in Serie A.
Tottenham have turned down the chance to make an offer, after being contacted on Tuesday by Liverpool, who were in contact with a number of clubs, although Villa have registered an interest through new manager, Paul Lambert. However, it is understood that Carroll does not want to join Villa and might prefer a move to London if he is made to leave Anfield.
Milan’s interest is thought to be genuine but may be contingent on Ibrahimovic leaving the Italian club. PSG want to sign the striker and Brazilian defender Thiago Motta and a double-bid could be made this week.
Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola, who also represents Mario Balotelli, held talks with Milan on Wednesday and the Swede’s future is understood to have been discussed given the interest of the cash-rich and highly-ambitious PSG.

Nevermind.

Not quite sure it will be completely inter changable front three... Danny Graham was a fairly central striker for Swansea and if he is replicating that he will go with a main striker, but this main striker has to be good technically still, something Carroll is not the worlds best in

I know it is unlikely but i would love Huntelaar, he has the aerial ability but also the technical ability to play under Rodgers, add to that the fact he banged in 48 goals in 47 in all comps. and 28 in 32 in the league last season and he looks a very exciting prospect and still only 28 so would have a few years left in him. Look at Drogba, 34 years old and still bullied defenders last season as well as anyone.

A player entering his prime years is definitely going to come to Liverpool in the hope that we're back into the Champions League in a year or two instead of playing in the competition now.

A player entering his prime years is definitely going to come to Liverpool in the hope that we're back into the Champions League in a year or two instead of playing in the competition now.

Agreed its very unlikely. just saying what i saw going about..

Id rather play in england than Germany, and id also rather play for Liverpool than Schalke, So although not likely, a small chance it may happen, but not holding me breath

I know it is unlikely but i would love Huntelaar, he has the aerial ability but also the technical ability to play under Rodgers, add to that the fact he banged in 48 goals in 47 in all comps. and 28 in 32 in the league last season and he looks a very exciting prospect and still only 28 so would have a few years left in him. Look at Drogba, 34 years old and still bullied defenders last season as well as anyone.

Drogba > x100 Huntelaar

Anyway, he wouldn't join us, not to mention the fact we wouldn't pay the €20m release clause. Although, I can't imagine many clubs are interested in him, nor do I think he has any great desire to leave.. Most of the rumors about him were ignited by the manager mentioning his release fee.

Don't think Rodgers is even wasting his time looking at Huntelaar, Borini is more our standard. Nothing wrong with Borini though, talented young player who Rodgers has spent a lot of time coaching over the past few years.

Last edited:
Drogba > x100 Huntelaar

Anyway, he wouldn't join us, not to mention the fact we wouldn't pay the €20m release clause. Although, I can't imagine many clubs are interested in him, nor do I think he has any great desire to leave.. Most of the rumors about him were ignited by the manager mentioning his release fee.

Don't think Rodgers is even wasting his time looking at Huntelaar, Borini is more our standard. Nothing wrong with Borini though, talented young player who Rodgers has spent a lot of time coaching over the past few years.

As i said, it is unlikely. And i never said Huntelaar was better than Drogba, but what i was trying to say was that we shouldn't be put off if someone is 28 or 30 because they could have up to 6 more years at the top.

Nope. Rodgers wants a front free who can interchange, apparently. If so, Borini and suarez and _____. Huntelaar doesn't fit the bill, nor does Carroll. Would love Huntelaar though.

At present, Fulham are the only club prepared to make an offer to buy - rather than loan - Carroll, with Liverpool having already decided to contact clubs to see if they are interested in signing the England international.

It had been thought that Liverpool were seeking a loan for Carroll, whose future has been publicly questioned by new manager Brendan Rodgers, but it is understood they are interested in a sale. That would, as things stand, make Fulham the favourites if the player can be persuaded to leave.

West Ham chairman David Sullivan is due to meet Carroll’s agent, Mark Curtis, on Thursday but sources at the newly-promoted Premier League club still rate the chances of success at little more than “10 per cent”.

Nevertheless West Ham are keen to make a ‘marquee’ signing and will continue to push for Carroll. Even if the 23 year-old did go out only on loan, it would be an expensive deal with Liverpool expected to demand a big loan fee and a high portion, if not all, of his wages being covered.

Fulham want to acquire a powerful striker having missed out on Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak, who was on loan last season but has since agreed a permanent deal with Reading. With Fulham having sold Bobby Zamora to Queens Park Rangers in January and Andy Johnson leaving to join the same club this summer, they are short of strikers.

RELATED ARTICLES

Fulham are also acutely aware of Liverpool’s interest in Clint Dempsey, who has just one more year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and would like to leave, ideally in search of Champions League football.
Liverpool cannot offer that to the American but are undoubtedly a bigger club although they are resisting the £7 million plus being asked for by Fulham for a player who is 29. Liverpool are understood to have made an offer, however, and talks are ongoing. Fulham would like to investigate the possibility of agreeing a deal of Dempsey plus cash for Carroll – who is believed to now only be valued at around £15 million – although the club will also have to evaluate the player’s character.
Liverpool are expected to tomorrow announce the signing of Fabio Borini from Roma for around £11 million, which will raise further questions over Carroll’s chances of regular first-team football this season.
Liverpool could rationalise his sale, and the loss of £20 million in his fee, by claiming they would still remain in profit given he was signed following the £45 million recouped from Fernando Torres’s departure to Chelsea in January last year.
Carroll has insisted that he would like to stay at Liverpool and fight for his place but if Rodgers makes it clear he is not part of his plans then it could lead to a rethink, especially if the former Newcastle striker is determined to pursue his England career. Carroll would not appear to fit the fluid 4-3-3 formation favoured by Rodgers, who had Borini on loan at Swansea and has tracked his progress in Serie A.
Tottenham have turned down the chance to make an offer, after being contacted on Tuesday by Liverpool, who were in contact with a number of clubs, although Villa have registered an interest through new manager, Paul Lambert. However, it is understood that Carroll does not want to join Villa and might prefer a move to London if he is made to leave Anfield.
Milan’s interest is thought to be genuine but may be contingent on Ibrahimovic leaving the Italian club. PSG want to sign the striker and Brazilian defender Thiago Motta and a double-bid could be made this week.
Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola, who also represents Mario Balotelli, held talks with Milan on Wednesday and the Swede’s future is understood to have been discussed given the interest of the cash-rich and highly-ambitious PSG.

Thiago Silva I'm guessing, as they already own Motta...

Interesting stuff from @Karlton81 on twitter, apparently a freelance journalist BUT only putting what he has said, make your own mind up..

One of the reasons Carroll could go is his attitude to training, Dave Rydings put a test in place where ever weight was lifted (each rep) And each movement was measured, so in the first month he was asked to present his findings to the Sports Science team, Hendo was top With 12,600 reps, Bellamy second with 12,450 reps, Gerrard 3rd with 12,300 reps the lowest was say 11,000, then there was Carroll with Literally 180 reps, it was embarrassing yet Kenny did nothing about it. There are loads of stories about how the players walked over Kenny.

Got one more ‪#LFC‬ training story, involving Charlie Adam for you...

Charlie Adam faked an injury and Kenny bought it even though Sports Science team said he couldn't be injured So he goes on holiday to Dubai for 5 days during the season (we didn't have a game) and Carroll turns up for training and says where's Charlie?' So it's explained he's injured and has gone on holiday. Carroll turns and says 'can I go on holiday then?' he's told, 'no, not My call' so Carroll phones Kenny and says 'Listen Charlie's gone on hol, can I go away?' Kenny is on the golf course and says 'Yeah ok' Carroll ***** off there and then so later the Doc is doing some work with Maxi, Gerrard, Carra and Downing. Gerrard asks 'where is Andy?' Doc cringed and told the story and the players were laughing (angry laughing) saying Kennys weak as ****, Carra then turns and says 'I've Been at this club for 16 years and you know how many holidays I've took mid season? None! This is why were a laughing stock! Would Fergie Take that ****??!! This caused a bit of **** for weeks. Before Christmas. ‪#LFC

This is all part of the reason there are rumours that Rodgers wants to break up the ‘English boys’ clique

Interesting....

As i said, it is unlikely. And i never said Huntelaar was better than Drogba, but what i was trying to say was that we shouldn't be put off if someone is 28 or 30 because they could have up to 6 more years at the top.

I know, but Huntelaar really isn't that good. This has been his first good season since leaving Ajax.. Not worth his release fee, which is why big clubs aren't jumping at the chance to pay €20m for him.

Interesting stuff from @Karlton81 on twitter, apparently a freelance journalist BUT only putting what he has said, make your own mind up..

Charlie Adam faked an injury and Kenny bought it even though Sports Science team said he couldn't be injured
So he goes on holiday to Dubai for 5 days during the season (we didn't have a game) and Carroll turns up for training and says where's Charlie?' So it's explained he's injured and has gone on holiday. Carroll turns and says 'can I go on holiday then?' he's told, 'no, not My call' so Carroll phones Kenny and says 'Listen Charlie's gone on hol, can I go away?' Kenny is on the golf course and says 'Yeah ok' Carroll ***** off there and then so later the Doc is doing some work with Maxi, Gerrard, Carra and Downing. Gerrard asks 'where is Andy?' Doc cringed and told the story and the players were laughing (angry laughing) saying Kennys weak as ****, Carra then turns and says 'I've Been at this club for 16 years and you know how many holidays I've took mid season? None! This is why were a laughing stock! Would Fergie Take that ****??!! This caused a bit of **** for weeks. Before Christmas. ‪#LFC

This is all part of the reason there are rumours that Rodgers wants to break up the ‘English boys’ clique

Interesting....

......LOL...... Are we supposed to believe this story?

......LOL...... Are we supposed to believe this story?

Wouldnt surprise me if it was true, but realistically i dont believe it aswell

did make me laugh though, 180 Reps hahah!

EDIT: Charlie Adam replying to him, saying its bollocks...

Last edited:
Back