The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I am really looking forward to our match after today. Should be a cracker, but god knows what damage Suarez will do to Collins and Dunne. They'll get a hernia just watching him...

Suarez wasn't on top form today, got an early booking for a tangle with Dawson after he (I think) dived (Dawson, that is), then he looked pumped until half time, but after that, lack of service, and little came from him. Still back him vs Villa next week though.

it took an angry Skrtel and Lucas combination running back to absoloutely clout him and knock him to the floor, he then gets clapped off? Stupid.

Best liverpool attack of the match if im honest. All jokes aside, i think Carroll shouldnt play until we have somebody who can whip crosses in for him. Who knows,not being in Europe could be a blessing in disguise as we cant fail in the league now. That will be our only focus.

Hopefully the rumours about Downing are correct. And id even put a cheeky bid in for Scott Parker as West Ham really have to sell now.

@LucasLeiva87 cracking tackle on the streaker yesterday! You were the last person he wanted to see running at him!
Haha

Best liverpool attack of the match if im honest. All jokes aside, i think Carroll shouldnt play until we have somebody who can whip crosses in for him. Who knows,not being in Europe could be a blessing in disguise as we cant fail in the league now. That will be our only focus.

Hopefully the rumours about Downing are correct. And id even put a cheeky bid in for Scott Parker as West Ham really have to sell now.

The problem with Carroll against Spurs wasn't the quality of crosses, it was the lack of movement his inclusion created upfront which meant we needed to rely on more creativity than usual from the two central midfielders.

I personally hope the Downing rumours are untrue.

Well, we can beat villa if we play like we did v Fulham or newcastle or birmingham we can easily win. I can see Birmingham beating or drawing with Tottenham as they might have to win to stay up and they will fight for it. We can still get Europa league
I get where you're coming from, but Bent is a massive threat to our slow defence. But Birmingham are Carling Cup Champions who are fighting against relegation, so it will be tough for Spurs. I'm very nervous though, even though Europa League isn't that important.

Dalglish on Webb: "(It's) disappointing that the officials get away scot-free without having to come in and explain their decisions"

Due to some rumours about Aguero having signed a deal with Liverpool running around on the Liverpool pages on Facebook, i decided to do some digging myself. Couldn't find ANYTHING besides this video. This is just a rumour, so please don't flame me.

[video=youtube;8zdnaUNsE-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zdnaUNsE-k[/video]

Last edited:
Due to some rumours about Aguero having signed a deal with Liverpool running around on the Liverpool pages on Facebook, i decided to do some digging myself. Couldn't find ANYTHING besides this video. This is just a rumour, so please don't flame me.

[video=youtube;8zdnaUNsE-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zdnaUNsE-k[/video]
Regarding Kun Aguero: he would cost 45m euros (plus taxes if At M refuses to sell). Interest from Man City, Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Kun Aguero has not asked officially 2 be transferred.No transfer requests exist in Spain.IT HAS BEEN REPORTED HE TOLD CHAIRMAN he wants out

Sergio Aguero agent visits Juventus Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Ballague is spot on normally, God knows how he'd fit in with is, probably Suarez left winger.

Dalglish on Webb: "(It's) disappointing that the officials get away scot-free without having to come in and explain their decisions"
Scot free, haha. Seriously though, you can't blame the officials for every mistake, it's hard being a referee. Managers (and fans) have no respect for them nowadays. We lost because we didn't play well enough, not because of the referee. After all, he didn't score their goals, did he?

Scot free, haha. Seriously though, you can't blame the officials for every mistake, it's hard being a referee. Managers (and fans) have no respect for them nowadays. We lost because we didn't play well enough, not because of the referee. After all, he didn't score their goals, did he?

No, but he gave them a fantastic chance to do so...seriously, was never a penalty; shoulder barge's aren't allowed?

Reports are saying a lot of things about us at the moment. Just wait 'til the summer and see. I have the greatest faith that Kenny and Damien will sign the right players for Liverpool Football Club.

True, but Comolli has been down in France watching him a lot, and goal.com writes that Liverpool have made an inquiry about Hazard. I know you gotta take everything with a pinch of salt, but still.

True, but Comolli has been down in France watching him a lot, and goal.com writes that Liverpool have made an inquiry about Hazard. I know you gotta take everything with a pinch of salt, but still.

Goal.com is bullshit. I know rumours are exciting and all but the majority of them are nothing stories. The Aguero one is pretty interesting to be fair though.

Goal.com is bullshit. I know rumours are exciting and all but the majority of them are nothing stories. The Aguero one is pretty interesting to be fair though.

Well, i don't really believe everything i read, that has to be said. But it kinda makes you wonder, especially because Comolli was in France a couple of times to watch him (at least that's what i've heard, so again just a rumor).

The Aguero one is interesting, i gotta agree. But after some moron decided to update the wikipedia page that he had signed a deal with Liverpool ruined it a bit for me tbh.

The media sites all tend to be a bit incestuous - feeding off each other & reporting articles that the others publish. It'd hard to know sometimes who has started a rumour as they all end up flagging it. I take little notice of any of them. Sky Sports seem to be the most reliant as they at least send reporters out looking for news rather than just commenting on something that they've seen posted on the internet.

Also, all the major clubs will probably have their own version of a 'Deep Throat' ITK & I'd have to say that imo they would be far more reliable than the likes of Caught Offside & Goal.com.

The media sites all tend to be a bit incestuous - feeding off each other & reporting articles that the others publish. It'd hard to know sometimes who has started a rumour as they all end up flagging it. I take little notice of any of them. Sky Sports seem to be the most reliant as they at least send reporters out looking for news rather than just commenting on something that they've seen posted on the internet.

Also, all the major clubs will probably have their own version of a 'Deep Throat' ITK & I'd have to say that imo they would be far more reliable than the likes of Caught Offside & Goal.com.

We have our very own with Zeb. All transfers will be kept in house until there almost concluded so most of this is really just gossip. Almost sick of all the transfer gossip now,seems like we get linked with 2-3 new players everyday. Hopefully we do good business again like January but not leaving everything until deadline day.

We have our very own with Zeb. All transfers will be kept in house until there almost concluded so most of this is really just gossip. Almost sick of all the transfer gossip now,seems like we get linked with 2-3 new players everyday. Hopefully we do good business again like January but not leaving everything until deadline day.

didnt zeb also think aguero was unlikely? it also make no sense as a transfer either

Did anybody see Falcao's vest last night? It said With God Youll Never Walk Alone. Wonder if this is just a coincidence or not? Also reports in france say we have made a bid of 20M plus Jovanovic for Eden Hazard. Cant find a more reliable source at the minute yet

Back