The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Did anybody see Falcao's vest last night? It said With God Youll Never Walk Alone. Wonder if this is just a coincidence or not? Also reports in france say we have made a bid of 20M plus Jovanovic for Eden Hazard. Cant find a more reliable source at the minute yet

The phrase "With god, you'll never walk alone" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Liverpool. He might just be a very religious man. But then again, you never know.

Like Ben said above, reports say a lot. Where did you find it? Sounds very interesting though.

The phrase "With god, you'll never walk alone" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Liverpool. He might just be a very religious man. But then again, you never know.

Like Ben said above, reports say a lot. Where did you find it? Sounds very interesting though.

Will find the source now in a minute.Here it is now website but a twitter source.
‎@BelgoFoot 'Walfoot' website (usually pretty good) says lfc offering Jovanovic for Eden Hazard (and throwing in €20m)

Also more news:Diego, direction Liverpool ? - Foot - Transferts - L'EQUIPE.FR (good source)
(poor translation from L'Equipe
Diego, Liverpool direction?
Junk VfL Wolfsburg Diego should not wear the jersey of the German club. The player has developed contacts with Liverpool.

Wolfsburg Diego should leave this summer. (EQ)
Guilty of leaving the gathering of players suddenly a few hours of a decisive game in Hoffenheim on May 14 when he knew he would not hold (3-1), Diego has become undesirable to VfL Wolfsburg. According to L'Equipe Thursday, the 26 year old Brazilian has developed contacts with Liverpool. The German club would be ready to release his player for 10 million euros, while it had recruited 15 million to Juventus only a year ago.

In addition, leaders from Wolfsburg have inflicted the player a warning and a hefty fine of an unspecified amount, according to Bild, which would be around one month's salary. That would be the most severe sanction in the history of the Bundesliga. "That's my problem, our problem. We need to sit down and solve it. I have a contract with Wolfsburg, "stated the playmaker on the club website. Felix Magath said he was ready "to work with everyone, " but the German press that he believes never wants to see him wear the jersey of the club. The future of the player under contract until 2014 but relegated to the reserve team for a few days, will be included elsewhere.

Was just on facebook there and found a deadly like. Doesnt warrant its own thread so said id post it here We all know a **** named scott
Its the top like on the page :)

Last edited:
Well, Hazard seems more and more likely, if you believe all the rumors out there. Seems very interesting though.

To Diego, isn't he a AMC? Where would we put Gerrard then? as CM would be the only solution. Or playing with 2 AMC's. Diego would be a good buy, but i think we should strengthen the positions we need first, LB, Wing, etc.

Well, Hazard seems more and more likely, if you believe all the rumors out there. Seems very interesting though.

To Diego, isn't he a AMC? Where would we put Gerrard then? as CM would be the only solution. Or playing with 2 AMC's. Diego would be a good buy, but i think we should strengthen the positions we need first, LB, Wing, etc.

Riddle me this: where does our creativity come from in the centre of the park when Stevie isn't playing (which incidently is far too much for my liking) ? We currently do not have a playmaker. How are we supposed to open up a packed defence when the opposition aren't interested in having a go ? We need someone in the middle to pull the strings - not just rely on a bit of Suarez brilliance when/if he eventually gets the ball. I don't know if our Brazilian friend is the answer or if Charlie Adam is either, but I do know that we need someone to provide a bit of guile when required & to orchestrate our offensive moves.

I agree that an LB,CB & wingers are crucial targets this summer, but we also need a Stevie clone too.

Last edited:
Riddle me this: where does our creativity come from in the centre of the park when Stevie isn't playing (which incidently is far too much for my liking) ? We currently do not have a playmaker. How are we supposed to open up a packed defence when the opposition aren't interested in having a go ? We need someone in the middle to pull the strings - not just rely on a bit of Suarez brilliance when/if he eventually gets the ball. I don't know if our Brazilian friend is the answer or if Charlie Adam is either, but I do know that we need someone to provide a bit of guile when required & to orchestrate our offensive moves.

I agree that an LB,CB & wingers are crucial targets this summer, but we also need a Stevie clone too.

True, but if he would join us, he would want to play every game. I can't see that happen when Stevie is fit. Sorry.

True, but if he would join us, he would want to play every game. I can't see that happen when Stevie is fit. Sorry.

It's okay, no need to apolagise.

Stevie will play around 15 games next season imo & miss the rest through his ever increasing injury niggles. If we do as well as I think we will, we'll be playing around 50 games in all competitions. This leaves a fair few games sans SG. My conclusion is relevant - we will need someone to play in his stead for the bulk of the season's fixtures. Don't forget that Stevie can also play a deeper role so that he & a playmaker could easily feature in the same side.

It's okay, no need to apolagise.

Stevie will play around 15 games next season imo & miss the rest through his ever increasing injury niggles. If we do as well as I think we will, we'll be playing around 50 games in all competitions. This leaves a fair few games sans SG. My conclusion is relevant - we will need someone to play in his stead for the bulk of the season's fixtures. Don't forget that Stevie can also play a deeper role so that he & a playmaker could easily feature in the same side.

So you're actually suggesting, that Stevie is gonna be benched most of next season, and used as a sub? Because out of 50 games, i reckon he will play more than 15 games. Interesting point of view though. But i gotta agree, we'll need a playmaker when Stevie is injured, which he will be. The problem is just, the competition on the AMC spot is gonna be fierce with Diego and Stevie, but Kenny will favor Stevie, as he is still the Liverpool captain, and a excellent player when he is fit.

Yeah but Stevie G can also play in the center beside Lucas. And despite being an AM Diego could probably play in the CM spot aswell. I also think Gerrard will start 20 games top next season. He will be rested for some games to preserve him and will also pick up an injury or 2. See a similar situation as Roy Keane in his final 3 seasons at united. The intense level he plays at he cant play week in week out at his age now.

Another rumour floating around is that Scott Dann could be on liverpools radar in the summer. And also Juan Manuel Vargas(LB) is on Liverpools radar. Were linked with just about every left back and winger in Europe at the minute so its hard to know who our real targets are...

Yeah but Stevie G can also play in the center beside Lucas. And despite being an AM Diego could probably play in the CM spot aswell. I also think Gerrard will start 20 games top next season. He will be rested for some games to preserve him and will also pick up an injury or 2. See a similar situation as Roy Keane in his final 3 seasons at united. The intense level he plays at he cant play week in week out at his age now.

Another rumour floating around is that Scott Dann could be on liverpools radar in the summer. And also Juan Manuel Vargas(LB) is on Liverpools radar. Were linked with just about every left back and winger in Europe at the minute so its hard to know who our real targets are...

I agree with SG playing a deeper role next season, similar to the one that Hodgson had him playing; I can't see him making the aggressive runs forward of old - his all action game will have to be modified somewhat if he's going to stay fitter & thus be available for more games. Depending on the formation we use, I can picture him & Lucas anchoring midfield with a playmaker or advanced midfielder operating in front of them - but it's the times when he is out of the team - & I fear there'll be many of those - that concern me; we will need creativity on those occasions. Maybe an Adam will provide that.

Lucas...Gerrard
Meireles
RW...Carroll...Suarez

Which /current/ex players would you like to see (think would be good) managers? Hyypia's now an assistant manager, and no offence to Sammy Lee, but Hyypia should be a target in the summer. Hamann now a coach at Leicester. Carragher said he'd love to manage Liverpool one day, so I'm sure Kenny will take him on once his time's up and get him ready. Xabi Alonso could perhaps be a good manager.

Which /current/ex players would you like to see (think would be good) managers? Hyypia's now an assistant manager, and no offence to Sammy Lee, but Hyypia should be a target in the summer. Hamann now a coach at Leicester. Carragher said he'd love to manage Liverpool one day, so I'm sure Kenny will take him on once his time's up and get him ready. Xabi Alonso could perhaps be a good manager.

Djouffy ? Lol.

@Pault86 is saying we have offered Ashley Young a 90k a week deal.

Last edited:
@Pault86 is saying we have offered Ashley Young a 90k a week deal.

****** **** - that's totally scandelous. I sincerely hope this is some kind of sick joke.

PS: I don't like Ashley Young.

Back