The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not exactly sure why all the Sahin rumours are popping up from. All Mourinho said was that Sahin can leave if he wants to. Mourinho never said Real Madrid are actively shopping Sahin out. In fact Mourinho said that he would be happy if Sahin stays

The tone of Mourinho in the interview was basically--- Player can leave if he wants to. We do not want to keep an unhappy player. Standard stuff any manager will say

And the media has somehow morphed that into Real Madrid are putting Sahin on the transfer market.

Not exactly sure why all the Sahin rumours are popping up from. All Mourinho said was that Sahin can leave if he wants to. Mourinho never said Real Madrid are actively shopping Sahin out. In fact Mourinho said that he would be happy if Sahin stays

The tone of Mourinho in the interview was basically--- Player can leave if he wants to. We do not want to keep an unhappy player. Standard stuff any manager will say

And the media has somehow morphed that into Real Madrid are putting Sahin on the transfer market.

No manager would say "SAHIN IS GONNA LEAVE THE DIRTY DOG", of course he is going to be polite about the way he says it, same with Kaka, he worded it practically the same, Sahin is definitely up for grabs if you offer a fair price to Real Madrid.

Liverpool have looked pretty impressive so far, ok it is only pre-season but Rodgers certainly is laying down his foundation there and I think a lot of the players are embracing it.

If Liverpool got Sahin I would be incredibly jealous (being a United fan) but I think that would be a huge boost to the team, who knows you might be outside favourites for a title push. I think your squad generally is pretty strong, maybe add another CDM to cover Lucas.

There is no way Liverpool will challenge for the title, but i do think we'll challenge top 4 more this season!

I wouldn't mind signing Sahin on a one-season loan if he was a stop gap for the time being.

Maybe Brodgers really rates Suso, but knows he not ready to be a main back up player just now.

Would only want Sahin if we were to sell Adam as part of the alleged Dempsey deal though.

Our midfield currently looks like...Gerrard/Adam-Lucas/Spearing-Allen/Shelvey + Henderson. With Borini/Sterling-Suarez/Carroll-Downing + Pacheco as our forwards. Which doesn't have great depth.

With the signings of Dempsey & Sahin. Plus the departure of Adam.
It'd look like this...Gerrard/Shelvey-Lucas/Spearing-Sahin/Allen + Henderson. With Borini/Sterling-Suarez-Carroll-Dempsey/Downing + Pacheco as our forwards.

With Suso possibly replacing Sahin at the end of the season. Looks nice to me.

No manager would say "SAHIN IS GONNA LEAVE THE DIRTY DOG", of course he is going to be polite about the way he says it, same with Kaka, he worded it practically the same, Sahin is definitely up for grabs if you offer a fair price to Real Madrid.

Ideally though, Sahin would wait for a season or two on the bench. Then Alonso would leave to wherever and then Sahin would step up.

It's the most logical thing to do though. Only other thing that it could be is that Mourinho regrets buying him and doesn't think he is as good as he first thought. Which I doubt it.

Ideally though, Sahin would wait for a season or two on the bench. Then Alonso would leave to wherever and then Sahin would step up.

It's the most logical thing to do though. Only other thing that it could be is that Mourinho regrets buying him and doesn't think he is as good as he first thought. Which I doubt it.

Not ideal at all, for a footballer of his class he should be playing week in week out. If I was him I would seriously consider moving to another top club where you will be appreciated straight away and be a key part of the team. Waiting two years to get a spot in the Real Madrid team is just silly when he has that much talent, in my opinion Khedira is nothing to shout about anyway.

Not ideal at all, for a footballer of his class he should be playing week in week out. If I was him I would seriously consider moving to another top club where you will be appreciated straight away and be a key part of the team. Waiting two years to get a spot in the Real Madrid team is just silly when he has that much talent, in my opinion Khedira is nothing to shout about anyway.

Thought it would be painfully obvious that I was meaning that it would be perfect for Real Madrid...

And yeah Khedira is pants.

Khedeira is underrated by many people... He actually offers much more to the team than most people think

There is no way Liverpool will challenge for the title, but i do think we'll challenge top 4 more this season!

I think apart from Man City, the squads are much more balanced than you think, if we take them out the equation, you say you think you will not be outside favourites or even pushing for the title, so we have to compare the Liverpool squad to United's. as United finished second last season. I really think United's squad has quite a few weaknesses which so far have not been addressed, CM particularly, the fact they still rely on the likes of Scholes and Giggs just proves that. If Carrick gets injured United are in serious trouble.

Khedira ****** all over Schweinsteiger at the Euros. Khedira is awesome.

Khedeira is underrated by many people... He actually offers much more to the team than most people think

Sahin is underrated by Mourinho, try playing Sahin next to Alonso and see how it works, frightening partnership imo. But I am glad Mourinho seems to want to leave Sahin on the bench, gives other clubs the opportunity to tempt him to come to the Premier League.

Khedira ****** all over Schweinsteiger at the Euros. Khedira is awesome.

Of course he did, but Schweinsteiger had a very poor tournament by his high standards, so you can't compare really. It is like comparing Khedira's bad game to Schweinsteiger's good game. Not a fair comparison.

They were both caught out by Italy, who walked all over them, they were both found wanting.

Sahin is underrated by Mourinho, try playing Sahin next to Alonso and see how it works, frightening partnership imo. But I am glad Mourinho seems to want to leave Sahin on the bench, gives other clubs the opportunity to tempt him to come to the Premier League.

Madrid prefer not to concede five every game

Of course he did, but Schweinsteiger had a very poor tournament by his high standards, so you can't compare really. It is like comparing Khedira's bad game to Schweinsteiger's good game. Not a fair comparison.

They were both caught out by Italy, who walked all over them, they were both found wanting.

Okay, Khedira was the best German player for the whole tournament with Ozil. He's the ultimate all around midfielder.

Madrid prefer not to concede five every game

I don't get this, Sahin is more than capable playing in Central Midfield, do you remember him at Dortmund? Obviously not. Let's just remember Dortmund were Bundesliga champions as well, with him playing in a similar role.

I don't get this, Sahin is more than capable playing in Central Midfield, do you remember him at Dortmund? Obviously not. Let's just remember Dortmund were Bundesliga champions as well, with him playing in a similar role.

So how does that make him suitable for playing in a double pivot alongside Alonso? The basis of any pivot is that it is a creator-destroyer partnership. While you can say that both Alonso/Sahin are competent defensively as required of any good regista. They still need a destroyer alongside them to prevent good teams from ripping Madrid open

So how does that make him suitable for playing in a double pivot alongside Alonso? The basis of any pivot is that it is a creator-destroyer partnership. While you can say that both Alonso/Sahin are competent defensively as required of any good regista. They still need a destroyer alongside them to prevent good teams from ripping Madrid open

Key to any squad is rotation, the fact Sahin has barely had any playing time for Real Madrid since joining is quite frankly disgraceful, considering the quality he has. Such a waste of talent as well, can't help feel the same happened with Kaka for the last few seasons.

My ideal transfer market now is.
IN
Dempsey/Ramirez/Walcott
Sahin
OUT
Charlie Adam
Jay Spearing

This would provide us with necessary depth and enough quality to make the CL.

Khedira is the destroyer alongside Alonso, is more defensive minded yet still does attack a little, personally think he is a great player and is the reason why he is a regular for Germany and Real Madrid, no mean feat.

Back