The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Its everywhere now that Sahin will be announced late tonight or tomorrow..

Tbh AnfieldMole on twitter has got alot of things right lately, and he did say at the weekend, Sahin was too be announced thursday..

what a coup this will be if it happens but what ill be happy about is that its about time we beat someone to a target i hate the way other people sign people were looking at ;)

Tello will still be on. They would only ever have loaned him to us if he signed a new contract. No point for them loaning him out and then releasing him.

Neil Jones from the Echo saying we're hoping to sign Sahin on loan in next 48 hours...
Xabi's recommended him to us, Mourinho might prefer us to Arsenal what with Rodgers, and Mourinho once upon a time supporting Liverpool. Hope to God this comes off. Still doubt it though. He'd definitely get more play time here than Arsenal.

Reina
Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique
Allen-Sahin-Lucas
Gerrard-Borini-Suarez

More to do with Liverpool not being in the CL and probably paying more of his wages. Excellent signing, stupid from Arsenal though.

one more thing im just thinking where would sahin play because i thought he was like a dlp which i though was why we signed allen?

More to do with Liverpool not being in the CL and probably paying more of his wages. Excellent signing, stupid from Arsenal though.

But I don't get it though, why the heck is Sahin not going on loan to a club in the CL. Plus Modric has flown to Spain to finalize his transfer to Real Madrid according to Skysports. Sahin has basically just been burned. He will never get into the team now with Alonso/Modric there no matter how well he does at Liverpool (If it happens)

one more thing im just thinking where would sahin play because i thought he was like a dlp which i though was why we signed allen?

The key difference between us and the teams above is, is the fact we don't have quality in depth. With Sahin it gives us another quality central play and with us being in 4 competitions we need good depth... One or winger and we'll be sorted, whether it be Tello, Walcott or Johnson

Last season: Gerrard, Hendo, Adam, Spearing
This season: Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Lucas

Massive difference!!

Last season: Gerrard, Hendo, Adam, Spearing
This season: Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Lucas

Massive difference!!

Don't get too far ahead of yourself lol... You still need to get Sahin. But yeah judging by the posts here, all the half-reliable sources seem to be pointing towards that end. Massively jealous if this is true

But I don't get it though, why the heck is Sahin not going on loan to a club in the CL. Plus Modric has flown to Spain to finalize his transfer to Real Madrid according to Skysports. Sahin has basically just been burned. He will never get into the team now with Alonso/Modric there no matter how well he does at Liverpool (If it happens)

Depends on Kaka, and if he leaves. But I feel for Sahin, imo i would hand in a transfer request.

Depends on Kaka, and if he leaves. But I feel for Sahin, imo i would hand in a transfer request.

No one wants to touch Kaka atm. He is old and his wages are too high not to mention he has not been injury-free for the past 2 seasons.

But yeah its pretty dire for Sahin, he should hand in a transfer request. No offence to Liverpool fans but Sahin would just about be the star of the midfield for most clubs in the CL.

I've heard Arsenal have backed out cos we couldn't get a buy clause in loan deal.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself lol... You still need to get Sahin. But yeah judging by the posts here, all the half-reliable sources seem to be pointing towards that end. Massively jealous if this is true

you can usually tell the 'twitter rumours' to the more concrete stuff,

and when ESPN correspondants starts retweeting thing, Ben smith and Olly Holt do, you start to know its only a formality now

even if you take away Sahin and replace it with Hendo it still is an improvement

Seems every ITK and gossip site has a story about how Sahin is 99% done, wow, incredible deal! Also, looks like Rodgers will go for Tello, hopefully there is still room to negotiate a deal for Johnson but somehow I can't see it.

Still think we need a poacher, and tonight's performance from Defoe is another reason why we should at least enquire! Too good for the Spurs bench and far too good for a club like QPR. Another player we should look at is Milner, I know it's a long shot but Adam, aquilani, spearing out and Allen, Sahin, Milner in looks pretty sexy to me!

Surprised the Dempsey deal is still being dragged out..Fulham must be really busting our balls :/

Last edited:
Turkish TV reporting Sahin deal includes an option to buy next summer... if so, even better!

Seems every ITK and gossip site has a story about how Sahin is 99% done, wow, incredible deal! Also, looks like Rodgers will go for Tello, hopefully there is still room to negotiate a deal for Johnson but somehow I can't see it.

Still think we need a poacher, and tonight's performance from Defoe is another reason why we should at least enquire! Too good for the Spurs bench and far too good for a club like QPR. Another player we should look at is Milner, I know it's a long shot but Adam, aquilani, spearing out and Allen, Sahin, Milner in looks pretty sexy to me!

Surprised the Dempsey deal is still being dragged out..Fulham must be really busting our balls :/

Would a poacher ever play though?

It seems Suarez and Borini has two spots and its likely downing, gerrard, or maybe a new winger will get the other spot in the more attacking three

with carroll seemingly staying, id say Sahin and one more winger would complete our summer personally

Would a poacher ever play though?

It seems Suarez and Borini has two spots and its likely downing, gerrard, or maybe a new winger will get the other spot in the more attacking three

with carroll seemingly staying, id say Sahin and one more winger would complete our summer personally

Hmm, maybe not but Defoe is definitely worth a punt.. Suarez and Carroll haven't been prolific, it's unlikely Borini will, Gerrard might get a few I guess but Downing will be lucky to score once! Just think it gives us another option, tbh..

Back