The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Turkish TV reporting Sahin deal includes an option to buy next summer... if so, even better!

Not sure about that, thats the reason Arsenal pulled out? Because they couldnt secure one.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe not but Defoe is definitely worth a punt.. Suarez and Carroll haven't been prolific, it's unlikely Borini will, Gerrard might get a few I guess but Downing will be lucky to score once! Just think it gives us another option, tbh..

Rodgers approach isnt about a Poacher, but a link player.

Turkish TV reporting Sahin deal includes an option to buy next summer... if so, even better!

Cant see any long term deal being struck unless we achieve CL football.. Besides, let's just secure the loan first! Haha

Not sure about that, thats the reason Arsenal pulled out? Because they couldnt secure one.

Furthermore forget loaning him, buy him straight away! If that was true of a buy clause in the loan deal.

Rodgers approach isnt about a Poacher, but a link player.

I know, I just worry about the lack of firepower... Although I'm sure a Suarez-Borini partnership could bag 30 league goals.

I know, I just worry about the lack of firepower... Although I'm sure a Suarez-Borini partnership could bag 30 league goals.

The onus is on Suarez, he is the exact type of wide forward that this needs.

I think Suarez and Borini will do very well together, think the midfield will contribute more this season, and gotta feeling downing will surprise a few aswell

Bit of a step up expectation wise tho, hope he is good enough to handle it... If he joins that is

Hardly a massive step up.. Lol. He's consistently been Fulham's best performer for the last 5 years :P

Hardly a massive step up.. Lol. He's consistently been Fulham's best performer for the last 5 years :P

In terms of expectations it is, remember majority of fans still think were this title challenging team whose players should immediately hit the ground running,

people on here are more rounded... but he has been very consistent over the years for Fulham

I think Sahin is done which makes our midfield very strong now and I do hope there is an option to buy. Not sure who we're going to sign as a winger though as Tello doesn't look like it is going to happen any more but I'm not too fussed about him anyway.

In terms of expectations it is, remember majority of fans still think were this title challenging team whose players should immediately hit the ground running,

people on here are more rounded... but he has been very consistent over the years for Fulham

You mean were not going to win the League next year?? FUUUU im going to support City :P

Haha i knw what you mean though, so many "fans" have unrealistic expectations of us. To get 5th place and progress in the cups next season would be considered an achievement. To finish 3rd-4th would just be a dream. We cant jump too far in one season, the opposition is so good were going to have to be patient in getting back where we were.

Haha, you mean those "fans" we all see on Facebook? They're morons, every club had them.. For example, I just read a Chelsea fan calling JT "England's best ever CB" haha.. Anyway, yeah, the top three are so far ahead ATM it's impossible to compete. Think 4th place is realistic considering the troubles Tottenham and Arsenal have.

Still, Dempsey is quality, no doubt about it.

Haha, you mean those "fans" we all see on Facebook? They're morons, every club had them.. For example, I just read a Chelsea fan calling JT "England's best ever CB" haha.. Anyway, yeah, the top three are so far ahead ATM it's impossible to compete. Think 4th place is realistic considering the troubles Tottenham and Arsenal have.

Still, Dempsey is quality, no doubt about it.

agree mate, top 3 is clear

the next three will be very interesting, with Newcastle and Everton more than likely being close aswell

Never easy regarding us and transfers...

Right, I've now seen that both @BenSmithBBC and @OliverKayTimes have suggested today for Sahin. Both better journalists than me.

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes
Lot of you saying Nuri Sahin was "supposed" to be announced today. I don't know if he will be or was meant to be, or who said he would be

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes
What I do know is #LFC are confident they're getting him, but there are people at Arsenal just as confident they are. Time will tell.

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

No idea who this lad is, but 10 goals and 8 assists in 29 games aint half bad

Apparently a pacey winger, fee around 3million euros.

Interesting deal..

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

It's good to see the club going about their business without the media getting involved before deals are done. This was the last thing I expected when I turned over to SkySports News, first I'd heard about it, excited to see this guy play for us.

Really happy that Liverpool is trying to solve the winger issue, but can't we get a real big name?
I'm tired of these overrated english lads and players that aren't more than players for the future.
Don't get me wrong, I've watched Assaidi a few times and he looks very promising; but will he have a direct impact? Too soon to tell and probably not.

Back