The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Really happy that Liverpool is trying to solve the winger issue, but can't we get a real big name?
I'm tired of these overrated english lads and players that aren't more than players for the future.
Don't get me wrong, I've watched Assaidi a few times and he looks very promising; but will he have a direct impact? Too soon to tell and probably not.

we dont have a big budget and this player will be no more than a squad player unless he impresses... for 3 million euros it just gives us another natural winger, something we really lack

Really happy that Liverpool is trying to solve the winger issue, but can't we get a real big name?
I'm tired of these overrated english lads and players that aren't more than players for the future.
Don't get me wrong, I've watched Assaidi a few times and he looks very promising; but will he have a direct impact? Too soon to tell and probably not.

In an interview Brendan said that we haven't got a ton of money to spend and after signing Borini and Allen for quite a bit and not getting much in return from the players we've shipped out I don't think we had the funds to buy a known winger. But with such a cheap signing hopefully he can flurish without the burden of a huge transfer fee over his head. :)

we dont have a big budget and this player will be no more than a squad player unless he impresses... for 3 million euros it just gives us another natural winger, something we really lack

I know, but the money that was used to purchase players like Henderson, Carroll, Adam could've been used to buy one or two really reliable "superstar" for the same money.

2 proven players > 4 players with only one good season behind them.

Yes, but you've spent the money now, the squad looks better. You can't go back a year and say "If only...", he's in the squad, lets hope Rodgers makes the best of it and the side is competitive. I have a feeling you will be, as nevermind Borini and Allen, Lucas is th biggest signing of the window for you guys.

I know, but the money that was used to purchase players like Henderson, Carroll, Adam could've been used to buy one or two really reliable "superstar" for the same money.

Obviously. Blame Dalglish and Camolli for that...

but you say bring in a superstar likes its easy, superstars aint going to want to join a team finishing nearer mid table than top of the table, its easy looking back saying things should have been different

For some reason I found you posting a youtube vid of the player you signed on your official site quite hilarious.

Got to feel a little pity for Heerenveen having lost their front three from last season.

Superstar players come with Superstar wages.

Obviously. Blame Dalglish and Camolli for that...

but you say bring in a superstar likes its easy, superstars aint going to want to join a team finishing nearer mid table than top of the table, its easy looking back saying things should have been different

Well, I was thinking more of the likes of Kaká. Those who're proven to be really good players, but who're not in the managers first team plan.
And about the wages, if you'd put together the wages we spend on Henderson, Carroll, Adam, Downing; you'd pretty much have enough money to lure atleast one superstar to the team.
Liverpool has history, don't forget that, and if you offer enough money you're bound to atleast lure one really good player; part-because of the clubs history AND the amount of wages offered.

Well, I was thinking more of the likes of Kaká. Those who're proven to be really good players, but who're not in the managers first team plan.
And about the wages, if you'd put together the wages we spend on Henderson, Carroll, Adam, Downing; you'd pretty much have enough money to lure atleast one superstar to the team.
Liverpool has history, don't forget that, and if you offer enough money you're bound to atleast lure one really good player; part-because of the clubs history AND the amount of wages offered.

Kaka is easily on 150k a week, getting older and not the same player he used to be

It is not the liverpool way to throw 150k a week at someone, let alone the fee that would be involved, agent fee's ETC

LFC do have history, but there comes a point when current failings over shadow that.

Kaka is easily on 150k a week, getting older and not the same player he used to be

It is not the liverpool way to throw 150k a week at someone, let alone the fee that would be involved, agent fee's ETC

LFC do have history, but there comes a point when current failings over shadow that.

You're right, but it would be a nice change from these future-stars signings.

You're right, but it would be a nice change from these future-stars signings.

Were not in a good enough position financially or on the field to go after 'superstars' and FSG very much stated this project was a long one, other teams are far ahead at the minute

Some Liverpool twitter journo now reporting that Sahin is not a done deal, some other club has came in for him and it has effected the progress.

Oussama Assaidi looks like a great bit of business for us. Fast and tricky and very cheap I believe. Finally. Just waiting on Sahin and Tello now. Maybe. YNWA.

carragher said on the radio talksport that the only wingers are downing and sterling. now the new signing and may be cole.

Back