The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I get your point, both sides.

Thing is; Brendan needs time, the team needs time to gel.
But, 3-0 against WBR isn't acceptable.

Liverpool really have to step their game up, I agree.
But don't blame Brendan, he's a great manager who'll achieve big success; give him time.

Been at work tonight and just got back, one thing i noticed

Blyndreaper really dont deserve to call himself a fan.

Its one game, a new style, a different approach, and we came up against a good WBA side with a coach who knew us inside out, cap that with Luis missing alot of chances again and the ref being harsh to say the least..

It was never going to happen quickly, it will be VERY interesting to see how we react saying we have City, Arsenal and United coming up

Liverpool showed last season that they are capable of beating anyone, and up their game against the big boys. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing them next, although I wouldn't want to be playing City either!

Liverpool showed last season that they are capable of beating anyone, and up their game against the big boys. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing them next, although I wouldn't want to be playing City either!

Agreed, the bigger teams never were the problem, it was the so called lesser teams we could never beat

However, City are just so much better than us, anything out of that game would be good

Nice to see a few people overreacting yesterday. We were bad but a few of you need to just chill out.. Fans like you are the reason we can never progress! We lose good players and managers because our "fans" are calling for their heads after one mistake! What happened to LFC fans? We never used to be like this..

I honestly believe we will do well under Rodgers but we need to give him time and not jump on his back every time something goes wrong.

The only thing that really worries me is that Rodgers' football doesn't score enough goals, and we were already pretty bad at that anyway!

JWz0u.jpg

Oh Downing, only 9% of his passes went forward.

Shocked at that in all honesty, pre season and Europe, although not that reliable, gave me confidence in Downing

But again he disappointed yesterday,

also felt we still need a striker or play Borini down the middle, Because as brilliant a player Suarez is, he cant finish

Also felt Kelly looked very poor and abit out of his depth yesterday

Annoyed by the finishing like last season but give Rogers time, he's a great manager and will get us success if we all stick behind him. I seem to think it also takes a lot of time to get the players into a passing philosophy like Rogers plays so we shouldn't be judging him before we've played 10-15 league games.

Looks like Sahin saga is over, off to Arsenal according to BBC journo

Also means Duncan Jenkins is leaving twitter.

ESPN reporting FSG are giving Rodgers 35million to spend on two attacking players after being disappointed with what they saw attacking wise v WBA

Great news if true..

ESPN reporting FSG are giving Rodgers 35million to spend on two attacking players after being disappointed with what they saw attacking wise v WBA

Great news if true..

Sorry, sounds like complete nonsense to me

Also Rodgers at the City game. Already looking towards the next game. Personally felt Liverpool were not as bad as the scoreline seemed to suggest, if Suarez has scored with some of his chances.. could have been a different story

Great news if true..
If that's true I hope we get Dempsey to finish off some of those chances.

Sorry, sounds like complete nonsense to me

Also Rodgers at the City game. Already looking towards the next game. Personally felt Liverpool were not as bad as the scoreline seemed to suggest, if Suarez has scored with some of his chances.. could have been a different story

Well tbh if we dont spend, we havent got a chance, with already a weaker squad than at least 5 teams in the league.. most of them are spending and imporving

Liverpool wernt as bad as the scorline suggested, although last season we outplayed alot, suarez missed alot, the team missed alot

we came 8th, same old story.... so something needs to change

Liverpool have got quite tough tough matches coming up here are the next five: Manchester City, Sunderland, Manchester United and Norwich.

Well tbh if we dont spend, we havent got a chance, with already a weaker squad than at least 5 teams in the league.. most of them are spending and imporving

Liverpool wernt as bad as the scorline suggested, although last season we outplayed alot, suarez missed alot, the team missed alot

we came 8th, same old story.... so something needs to change

But you have spent this season.. More than City. It was pretty obvious you needed a clinical goalscorer. I don't really feel Borini merits that tag after one good season in the Serie A. Carroll looked good towards the end of last season although there are question marks over how big a role he will play under Rodgers

Basically Daglish/Commoli ****** you over by spending big sums on lets face it... Players who have been average or worse for the club (Downing, Adam, Henderson). It seems like Liverpool did not have much to spend this summer due to not qualifying for the CL. Thats why I felt Allen's transfer could have been avoided... Great player but took a big chunk out of a not so big budget

But you have spent this season.. More than City. It was pretty obvious you needed a clinical goalscorer. I don't really feel Borini merits that tag after one good season in the Serie A. Carroll looked good towards the end of last season although there are question marks over how big a role he will play under Rodgers

Basically Daglish/Commoli ****** you over by spending big sums on lets face it... Players who have been average or worse for the club (Downing, Adam, Henderson). It seems like Liverpool did not have much to spend this summer due to not qualifying for the CL. Thats why I felt Allen's transfer could have been avoided... Great player but took a big chunk out of a not so big budget

more than city? we've got along way to go to catch up the last 3 years... also at the end of the window with De rossi rumoured to be close amongst others we'll see if we still have spent more

I agree on the last bit, we had alot of money based on player sales, and we blew it..

key difference though teams above us are buying to improve upon their squad, we are spending money to replace outgoing players

we're never going to improve by having to sell some players to buy

more than city? we've got along way to go to catch up the last 3 years... also at the end of the window with De rossi rumoured to be close amongst others we'll see if we still have spent more

I agree on the last bit, we had alot of money based on player sales, and we blew it..

key difference though teams above us are buying to improve upon their squad, we are spending money to replace outgoing players

we're never going to improve by having to sell some players to buy

Fair enough on the first point. City don't really need to spend as they got a great squad anyways

Also to be fair, most of your outgoing players (Kuty, Maxi, Aqualaini) were either too old, ate too much wages or just not good enough. You could free up some more wages by getting rid of Joe Cole etc.

Still nothing to worry about at this stage, your new signings need time to settle in. New Manager, New system. Will eventually come together although your fixture list has not been kind to you so it might be a few weeks before Liverpool get into rhythmn

Fair enough on the first point. City don't really need to spend as they got a great squad anyways

Also to be fair, most of your outgoing players (Kuty, Maxi, Aqualaini) were either too old, ate too much wages or just not good enough. You could free up some more wages by getting rid of Joe Cole etc.

Still nothing to worry about at this stage, your new signings need time to settle in. New Manager, New system. Will eventually come together although your fixture list has not been kind to you so it might be a few weeks before Liverpool get into rhythmn

Out goings i was more talking about previous season going as far back as alonso, masch, arbeloa, garcia, Meireles, Torres ETC

it just is worrying that after the first game, the exact same problems were occurring, so i just hope they're solved before the window shuts

Back