The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Is it wrong that I find this hilarious?

All the over reactions included.

Can see us being bottom after the next few games. City and Arsenal to come and no Agger :|

So, to all of you Liverpool fans.. (i can't say i am one like you, as i am from another country, but they are my english team)..

You're all like "eh calm down.. 1st game, no problem"... But your problem is that most of you can't accept criticism to the team or the club. Right now we're going for the same that happened last season.. and the one before... and the another one... We're a team that should be fighting for champions league spot to say the least.. With all the money we spent on players like Allen (Come on, only an IDIOT will say he is worth 20M) we could have been buying another players.. probably more and better.

And about the manager.. We're talking about a manager that managed SWANSEA... We should be going for managers like Benitez, Rijkaard or even ******* offer a contract to Guardiola! What has a guy like Rodgers done to have the privilege to manage a team like Liverpool? As we can see, money isn't a problem for the club, so i honestly can't understand why you guys keep defending the players, the manager.. And i am not saying that we should spend more and more.. No.. I am saying that with all the money spent on 3 players (Carroll, Allen, Downing) we could have bought so many quality players.. But no. So that's why i went like "sack everyone"... Because the staff is obviously not doing a good job...

We was beaten by the better team West brom played very well.
Players need time to gel & get used to the style Brendan likes to play.
The result wouldn't of been to bad if not for the sending off.
So roll on City next week. :D

So, to all of you Liverpool fans.. (i can't say i am one like you, as i am from another country, but they are my english team)..

You're all like "eh calm down.. 1st game, no problem"... But your problem is that most of you can't accept criticism to the team or the club. Right now we're going for the same that happened last season.. and the one before... and the another one... We're a team that should be fighting for champions league spot to say the least.. With all the money we spent on players like Allen (Come on, only an IDIOT will say he is worth 20M) we could have been buying another players.. probably more and better.

And about the manager.. We're talking about a manager that managed SWANSEA... We should be going for managers like Benitez, Rijkaard or even ******* offer a contract to Guardiola! What has a guy like Rodgers done to have the privilege to manage a team like Liverpool? As we can see, money isn't a problem for the club, so i honestly can't understand why you guys keep defending the players, the manager.. And i am not saying that we should spend more and more.. No.. I am saying that with all the money spent on 3 players (Carroll, Allen, Downing) we could have bought so many quality players.. But no. So that's why i went like "sack everyone"... Because the staff is obviously not doing a good job...

Oh for goodness sakes.

If you want to take a short scroll through this thread instead of just wailing on the keyboard, you'll notice that there is indeed criticism of the team and the club from all quarters, and rightly so.

Joe Allen is 22 years old and has played one game for Liverpool. I refuse to criticism him now, just like I refused to criticise Andy Carroll after one game for Liverpool. He is far too young to write off as too expensive.

We're talking about Brendan Rodgers, a man who took minnows to the Premier League and kept them there in style. Nobody is defending the team's bad performance today, they're just tempering your ridiculous overreactions with realism and facts.

Sacking everyone is just retarded.

Apparently there was an announcement due post game, waiting on it now. Skrtel contract it's rumoured.

It's okay.

Man City are playing tomorrow. Wear something blue and they'll welcome you with open arms.

Allen completed 66/69 passes today. Midfield was bad, but hope for the future once Lucas gets back into fitness.
Gerrard was awful today. Seriously now needs to get his finger out.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, following his side's 3-0 defeat at West Brom: "The sending off and penalties were very, very harsh I felt. Some of the decisions went against us. We will have more days like this along the way, that is the reality, but I could not ask many more from the players. They have given me everything. We had some chances but West Brom took full advantage of the extra man.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"There were some good moments today but it was a day when everything went against us really. We just have to move on. We won't win every day. Today was a period of learning for us and we were not happy with some of the decisions, but we have to move on."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Spot on about the learning period and how we won't win every game.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Guarantee we won't be the last good team to go down at the Hawthorns, nice little team that they are building.[/FONT]

Always hard to win away from home, agree with the people saying not to worry just yet. Liverpool have a couple of hard games coming up, but I think they'll be brilliant in a few months time.

One of the things this match highlighted is our absence of a goal scorer (still). Borini's came in, but he seems to be played on the wing, but was pretty **** today. If we only play with Luis upfront we'll score less than last season. Downing is ****. If we have him on our wing for the rest of the season we will not do well, we need to replace him. Dempsey I'd imagine will do that.

Soo by this logic Manchester United should not have signed fergie from Aberdeen or Chelsea should not have signed a former Wigan manager or so on because they are not big clubs in your eyes? Seriously grow up. All great managers start somewhere and only become great when faith from the big clubs are shown in them, and this coming from a united fan Rogers is a brilliant manager and only good things will come from his reign at liverpool im sure of it

'If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win.'" -Shankly.

Don't you know that one bad game makes him a bad player.

Don't you know that he was pointing that to me, when he simply did not read what I said. I was on about Skrtel in THIS game, I know he is a great defender on his day, but I thought today he was particularly poor.

I also think that with Rodgers fluid system, you need a ball-playing CB with pace, I do not think the Agger/Skrtel combo is right for his style, you also need a full on poacher to score some goals for you. Suarez creates but does not finish, Borini I am not sure about him yet.

Don't you know that he was pointing that to me, when he simply did not read what I said. I was on about Skrtel in THIS game, I know he is a great defender on his day, but I thought today he was particularly poor.

I also think that with Rodgers fluid system, you need a ball-playing CB with pace, I do not think the Agger/Skrtel combo is right for his style, you also need a full on poacher to score some goals for you. Suarez creates but does not finish, Borini I am not sure about him yet.

Yeah, Skrtel/Agger is an awful partnership. I bet Vidic would make an awful partner to Ferdinand too, oh wait.

Yeah, Skrtel/Agger is an awful partnership. I bet Vidic would make an awful partner to Ferdinand too, oh wait.

What? I honestly do not get the point in this, well you just backed my point up really, because Ferdinand and Vidic is the perfect partnership, although Ferdinand has lost a fair bit of pace so he may get exploited this season.

What? I honestly do not get the point in this, well you just backed my point up really, because Ferdinand and Vidic is the perfect partnership, although Ferdinand has lost a fair bit of pace so he may get exploited this season.

Jelavic will tear him a new one on monday :D

Look foward to the rage from Mike. and Joel lol

He's saying Agger and Skrtel complement each other, which is correct.

Back