The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I knew somewhere in the world there would be someone smart like me.. Listen to this. And to the kid that told me to support city... I am from Portugal, and i can tell you ive been in Anfield more times thn you. ;).

West Brom 3-0 Liverpool review, WAKE UP FANS RANT! - YouTube

EDIT: He is a Liverpool fan.

With respect, I hardly think calling for peoples heads after one game is "smart". It's just ridiculous. There is no way whatsoever you can gauge how the season will pan out after one match, with the transfer window still open. Anyone who does it is just absolutely stupid beyond all reason. West Brom played well, Liverpool didn't. Suarez had chances but failed to take them, simple as. West Brom have the ability to cause problems, as do Stoke, as do Everton, Sunderland. Just deal with it like everyone else. There's still 37 games left

The funny thing, is that when we end up in 6th/7th like the the last seasons you will still believe that "next year is our year"... This is pathetic. I am not saying to stop support the team.. NEVER. But you guys seem to accept this kind of results.. That's what i can't understand. And don't bring me that emotional bullshit about "always with the team" "you're not a real supporter"... I just don't understand how can someone believe in this team! It's pathetic!

I dont get all this sack everyone its going to be a **** season talk. Yes, it was a poor, disappointing game, but like has been mentioned, its 1 game.

Does that mean Swansea are going to win the title because they won 5-0 today? Of course not (I will look back on this comment if they do though!)

No excuses we haven't been clinical enough or good enough, but Phil Dowd has had an absolute shocker today

This is laughable, our player of the season last year and probably one of the better CBs in the league is woeful and needs to be replaced because he has a bad game. Hahahah

Wasn't Suarez better last season? Or Lucas injury free?

The funny thing, is that when we end up in 6th/7th like the the last seasons you will still believe that "next year is our year"... This is pathetic. I am not saying to stop support the team..

It ****** me off when people make **** up like that. I have not heard one Liverpool fan say "next year is our year" in a LONG time so stop making **** up. K? k

What? I honestly do not get the point in this, well you just backed my point up really, because Ferdinand and Vidic is the perfect partnership, although Ferdinand has lost a fair bit of pace so he may get exploited this season.

They mirror the Skrtel - Agger partnership. Agger is a ball player, if you do not agree then I question if you have watched him at all. He carries the ball out of defence most of the time for **** sake.

The funny thing, is that when we end up in 6th/7th like the the last seasons you will still believe that "next year is our year"... This is pathetic. I am not saying to stop support the team.. NEVER. But you guys seem to accept this kind of results.. That's what i can't understand. And don't bring me that emotional bullshit about "always with the team" "you're not a real supporter"... I just don't understand how can someone believe in this team! It's pathetic!
Really 6th would be a good results for pool this year. You're not getting Champions League this year, best hope is Europa League. Just because you're Liverpool doesn't mean you deserve to be great. Have a year of progress this year under a new manager and let him input his philosophies. Then build on it for future seasons. Rodgers is a good manager but you have to give him time, having a rant and wanting mass change is just retarded and will actually delay the progress the club is making. Thankfully I think the Liverpool owners have more sense than you

Skrtel has been woeful, honestly you need a better CB to compliment someone like Agger, a ball-playing defender.

You're reading it wrong, I said Skrtel has been woeful today, which he has. I then said you need a ball-playing CB to partner one of the two, because imo that combination does not work. Also a ball-playing CB would also add more depth to the squad anyway. Carragher is no longer good enough for your ambitions and Coates I am not fully convinced yet either.

No, you said we need someone to play with Agger, not one of the two.

Really 6th would be a good results for pool this year. You're not getting Champions League this year, best hope is Europa League. Just because you're Liverpool doesn't mean you deserve to be great. Have a year of progress this year under a new manager and let him input his philosophies. Then build on it for future seasons. Rodgers is a good manager but you have to give him time, having a rant and wanting mass change is just retarded and will actually delay the progress the club is making. Thankfully I think the Liverpool owners have more sense than you

Along with 99.99% of the fans on this forum thankfully

I'm watching MoTD right now, and I'm baffled by Suarez. Talented, immensley talented but his finishing at times is just.... The 2nd pen looked very dubious to me tbh aswell. But credit has to go to WBA they played some very good football and made some very good goals. They're going to have a good season. Rodgers (and the staff) can't be faulted. WBA simply took their chances and the first goal was immense. Liverpools players simply didn't step up to the plate. Maybe complaceny? Who knows. Just seemed disjointed (though again the 2nd pen I feel looked dubious to me though I maybe wrong). They'll play better in the next match because they know they underperformed today-it's what Liverpool do. So all this sack the staff and blah blah blah...just shut up.

Just seen the Agger peno, wow...My stream cut out just as they were running to the box, so i thought he hacked him down. but that...really?! There is barely any contact...

Just seen the Agger peno, wow...My stream cut out just as they were running to the box, so i thought he hacked him down. but that...really?! There is barely any contact...

Letter of the law apparently. If you touch the player with a hair and they go down you'll get punished. Pathetic.

Mate.. You might be right, but please.. Do you think it's normal to pay 20M (i am talking in Euros, as i live in Portugal) for Joe Allen? If you do the math.. Allen + Carroll + Downing... almost 90M euros... Do you know how many good SQUADS you can buy with that money? This is pathetic.. This manager isn't good at all. He did well on Swansea because they're obviously ******* better than us! I am speechless.. I hope i am wrong about all of this, but..

OH WAIT 3-0. LOL **** IT.

true LFC fan put it that way!!!!

Been at work tonight and just got back, one thing i noticed

Blyndreaper really dont deserve to call himself a fan.

Its one game, a new style, a different approach, and we came up against a good WBA side with a coach who knew us inside out, cap that with Luis missing alot of chances again and the ref being harsh to say the least..

It was never going to happen quickly, it will be VERY interesting to see how we react saying we have City, Arsenal and United coming up

Been at work tonight and just got back, one thing i noticed

Blyndreaper really dont deserve to call himself a fan.

Its one game, a new style, a different approach, and we came up against a good WBA side with a coach who knew us inside out, cap that with Luis missing alot of chances again and the ref being harsh to say the least..

It was never going to happen quickly, it will be VERY interesting to see how we react saying we have City, Arsenal and United coming up

It's like I said before. This will hurt them, and it will motivate them to play better. And to be honest, even though clubs have had pre-season games, the players will still be rusty and be getting back into the rhythm of EPL football. Personally I think Rodgers is a good appointment and will do a good job at Liverpool. To ask why he deserves the job at Liverpool is an insult imo. He's a good manager, and showed what he's capable of at Swansea and deserves a chance. If it doesn't work out, so be it. But he's young, he's hungry and he's already demonstrated he's ambitious by wanting to break into the top 4. May not happen straight away, but good things will happen imo.

It's like I said before. This will hurt them, and it will motivate them to play better. And to be honest, even though clubs have had pre-season games, the players will still be rusty and be getting back into the rhythm of EPL football. Personally I think Rodgers is a good appointment and will do a good job at Liverpool. To ask why he deserves the job at Liverpool is an insult imo. He's a good manager, and showed what he's capable of at Swansea and deserves a chance. If it doesn't work out, so be it. But he's young, he's hungry and he's already demonstrated he's ambitious by wanting to break into the top 4. May not happen straight away, but good things will happen imo.

Agreed, the owners wanted a good young upcoming manager with attacking philosophy and he provided it...

Judge after a few games, these opening 5 were always going to be hard, we were unlucky in getting the hardest fixtures in the league by a country mile

Back