The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well we were mugged. The red card really wasn't a red. Almost every United fan on facebook was condemning Suarez for "diving" in the box.. I'll tell you what, there was more contact in that challenge than between Johnson and Valencia.

This is the first time all league season where we've played our best and we were "cheated", for want of a better word, from start to finish.. I guess it's just bad luck. :|

Last edited:
Quite clearly Evans should have been sent off.

And Shelvey as well in that case. Or are you going to ignore the fact he quite heavily clattered Evans? Suggest you go and watch it again. Its a 50-50 ball, in which both players are dangerous. You cant punish one without punishing the other, and thats the mistake Halsey made. Evans should have recieved the same punishment as Shelvey.

And Shelvey as well in that case. Or are you going to ignore the fact he quite heavily clattered Evans? Suggest you go and watch it again. Its a 50-50 ball, in which both players are dangerous. You cant punish one without punishing the other, and thats the mistake Halsey made. Evans should have recieved the same punishment as Shelvey.

Id also suggest the same thing, your basing a decision on what happens to the other player... evans was a straight red no matter which way you look at it, Shelvey judging by alot of people's reaction was up to debate

Manchester United didn't deserve to win, but equally Liverpool should have taken their chances. The Shelvey red card decision by Mark Halsey was debatable, but both parties were equally rash in which they attempted to win the ball. Evans of course came out worse from it, and therefore gave the referee the assumption that it was a reckless tackle from Shelvey.

In terms of the game overall, Liverpool deserved more. Decisions went against them despite their valiant efforts, and arguably deserved a win. But again, taking their chances when they were available, particularly in the first half between Su?rez and Borini may have completely changed the game altogether.

I thought the attempt to win the ball from both players was stupid and needless, the ball didn't even need to be won and i think the fact that he heavily clatters Evans plays a part but Evans should be carded as well.

Liverpool were also helping in their own downfall. They can talk about the ref, but its the same old failings. Inability to add and consistent end product to their possession. Any half decent side with that amount of possession should have put us to the sword.

Really not sure where Liverpool are going to get a win from tbh...

Arsenal, United, Man City and two hard away games ......

with our games of Norwich, Stoke and Reading in the next three that will tell us more, we had the hardest start in the league for a team who are in transition

Id also suggest the same thing, your basing a decision on what happens to the other player... evans was a straight red no matter which way you look at it, Shelvey judging by alot of people's reaction was up to debate
Evans isnt a straight red on its own merit, its undoubted a yellow at the very least, and then open to interpretation how reckless and dangerous within the laws of the game... And the reactions of people =/= laws of the game. And yes what happens to ther other player is usually a factor in a sending off. Take Shawcross's 50-50 on Ramsey.

Last edited:
Evans isnt a straight red on its own merit... And the reactions of people =/= laws of the game. And yes what happens to ther other player is usually a factor in a sending off. Take Shawcross's 50-50 on Ramsey.

last time i looked a double footed lunge is a red card.

Liverpool should be beating the likes of West Brom whether Home or Away tbh. Fair point on the rest and in all fairness apart from Arsenal the matches v Man City and Man Utd Liverpool were unfortunate to win.

Liverpool should be beating the likes of West Brom whether Home or Away tbh. Fair point on the rest and in all fairness apart from Arsenal the matches v Man City and Man Utd Liverpool were unfortunate to win.

The loss of Lucas has totally upset Rodgers' plan, often seeing you play 4-2-1-3 than 4-3-3, but the final third play is seriously bad atm, and while you were robbed today, that failing played a part, if you had be able to consistently craft anything, you would have battered us frankly. We were dire today, and there for the taking.

Liverpool have just been poor in general tbh, sloppy in defence, giving the ball away too often at times, not creating enough chances and certainly no cutting edge. A fully fit Lucas would highly benefit the squad immensely but it doesnt change the fact that Liverpool are in dire straits atm.

Liverpool have just been poor in general tbh, sloppy in defence, giving the ball away too often at times, not creating enough chances and certainly no cutting edge. A fully fit Lucas would highly benefit the squad immensely but it doesnt change the fact that Liverpool are in dire straits atm.

You what? We make **** loads of chances, more than anyone else. We just cannot score. We've not been poor by any means, like today, we were really good today. Had the decisions gone more in our favour, we may well have won. Sounds weird to say, but I'm quite happy with today, however if I were a Manc I'd be a bit worried. Got the win, sure, but you really played quite badly.

You what? We make **** loads of chances, more than anyone else. We just cannot score. We've not been poor by any means, like today, we were really good today. Had the decisions gone more in our favour, we may well have won. Sounds weird to say, but I'm quite happy with today, however if I were a Manc I'd be a bit worried. Got the win, sure, but you really played quite badly.

I wouldn't be unless we continued like that all season, that's about as bad as we have played in about 3 yeas. We can play much much better. You have had the same failings for over a year. You play like this constantly. You cant finish for ****, and have no real fix on it. It's not even about the decisions, we were there for the beating. Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs, all would have won that regardless of decisions.Well maybe not Spurs, they choke vs us. But your finishing is very poor. And you seemingly have no where to go with.

Last edited:

I thought Rodgers got the tactics spot on today. Was some lovely fluid football on display. Won't bother going on about inability to convert chances etc etc as it's been done already. But if they stick to what they did today thing's will definately improve-but training in finishing is a must.

And kudos to Evra and Suarez for finally drawing a line and getting back to what they do best on the pitch.

Played even worse than this at Anfield and still won league and CL in the past. We never turn up at Anfield.

I wouldn't be unless we continued like that all season, that's about as bad as we have played in about 3 yeas. We can play much much better. You have had the same failings for over a year. You play like this constantly. You cant finish for ****, and have no real fix on it. It's not even about the decisions, we were there for the beating. Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs, all would have won that regardless of decisions.Well maybe not Spurs, they choke vs us. But your finishing is very poor. And you seemingly have no where to go with.

It's nothing new, is it, and there's nothing we can do about it until January.

I didn't watch properly, was Agger in tears when he was injured? Thought he was but then I didn't watch that incident properly.

Back