The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
There wasn't a challenge he went sliding past him, I'll be so angry if we lose this :(

Have to say this is a match Liverpool do not deserve to lose. They've outplayed Utd for so long. But for all the possession they had in the first half they had to do better with the chances they'd created.

So close to miss another... a relief.. now Helsey ( sp), do us one more favor and blow the whistle for the end of the game.

When the luck is not with you, it really is against you...

Shelvey should be off, but not a straight red. Both players were bad, bookings for both. Which should have been Shelvey's second (should have been booked for challenge on Rafael)

Yeah, that was a terrible decision from the ref. Think there was a Utd player who made a similar challenge either just before or after on a Liverpool player and they escaped a booking also.

Well that was one of the worst refereeing performances ive seen for a long time and its typical it went against Liverpool in every way

absolutely gutted but every single thing that could have gone wrong did today, in all honesty a brilliant performance from LFC

No, no it wasnt a straight red for Evans. Unless you are sending off both players. Rather than looking at one frame, re watch the challenge. It was a bad 50-50 from both players, from which Evans comes off worse.

i am gob smacked you genuinely believe that.. even Anti Liverpool Neville admitted it was a red card, no debate about it, was a clear red card... both should have been

i am gob smacked you genuinely believe that.. even Anti Liverpool Neville admitted it was a red card, no debate about it, was a clear red card... both should have been

Yes, for BOTH players he said. Or did you miss that part? So how can you say it's a yellow for Shelvey and a red for Evans. You're either going to book both players, or send both off. Shelvey should have been booked earlier, and either decision would have seen him off.

Oh and he isnt anti Liverpool.

Yes, for BOTH players he said. Or did you miss that part? So how can you say it's a yellow for Shelvey and a red for Evans. You're either going to book both players, or send both off. Shelvey should have been booked earlier, and either decision would have seen him off.

Oh and he isnt anti Liverpool.

i was more on about your comment of saying it was only a yellow for Evans. It quite simply wasn't

Yeah, that was a terrible decision from the ref. Think there was a Utd player who made a similar challenge either just before or after on a Liverpool player and they escaped a booking also.

Halsey was up and down today. But Shelvey was on a hiding to nothing. The way he was throwing himself about, he wouldn't have lasted the 90.

i was more on about your comment of saying it was only a yellow for Evans. It quite simply wasn't

Then you have totally taken it out of context. Either they both go, or you book both. Given the nature of the game, book both with final warnings.

Manchester United didn't deserve to win, but equally Liverpool should have taken their chances. The Shelvey red card decision by Mark Halsey was debatable, but both parties were equally rash in which they attempted to win the ball. Evans of course came out worse from it, and therefore gave the referee the assumption that it was a reckless tackle from Shelvey.

In terms of the game overall, Liverpool deserved more. Decisions went against them despite their valiant efforts, and arguably deserved a win. But again, taking their chances when they were available, particularly in the first half between Su?rez and Borini may have completely changed the game altogether.

No, no it wasnt a straight red for Evans. Unless you are sending off both players. Rather than looking at one frame, re watch the challenge. It was a bad 50-50 from both players, from which Evans comes off worse.

Then you have totally taken it out of context. Either they both go, or you book both. Given the nature of the game, book both with final warnings.

First of all, yes i agree Shelvey was a red card, but none the less you said Evans wasnt a red card, it was a yellow

even if Shelvey didnt get sent off, Evans should, it was the worst tackle in the match by far

First of all, yes i agree Shelvey was a red card, but none the less you said Evans wasnt a red card, it was a yellow

even if Shelvey didnt get sent off, Evans should, it was the worst tackle in the match by far
Sigh, read the next sentence, quite clearly the context is there. Both were bad 50-50 tackles, and in that moment both were as bad and dangerous as each other. Ref can easily send off both of them. But he could also have applied common sense, booked them, and given them a right telling off.

Not looking good at the moment for Rodgers, without a win at all in the league so far and in the bottom three.

Sigh, read the next sentence, quite clearly the context is there. Both were bad 50-50 tackles, and in that moment both were as bad and dangerous as each other. Ref can easily send off both of them. But he could also have applied common sense, booked them, and given them a right telling off.

Quite clearly Evans should have been sent off.

Back