The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It has been a bad start but look at the fixtures.. 3 of the top teams in the league, a team ran by a coach that knows us inside out and an away trip to sunderland

at Christmas time, the table will roughyl reflect where people will be challenging and finishing.. im tending to look at the continued improvement of play, and the promising young players we're promoting, Suso and Sterling... rather than condemn the team to a lower table position after only 5 games

Shelvey sent off on 38:58.
Gerrard scores on
45:51.
Rafael equalises on 51:45,
RVP
scores the penalty on 80:16.

All add up to 96.

That is unbelievably weird

JFT96

Last edited:
I must admit I'm a little sceptical of those times Marshall, largely because most sources don't log the 'by the second' scores and just record the minute. If it's true though, then it is indeed weird.

Anyway, funny fact of the day: Raheem Sterling has the same amount of kids as Liverpool have points after 5 games... and he's 17!

Lastly there's all this talk about 'We just need a good goal scorer', and I've been thinking who you could get who'd be sufficiently 'clinical' to play that role in a passing side (i.e. has technique, able to get past a man and has a good shot). If Dempsey wasn't possible for 4m, who's available at that sort of price range unless we're talking free transfers?

Think we'll look at Llorente and Walcott for striker role.. Both free transfers, would have higher wages but not fee for a transfer

I must admit I'm a little sceptical of those times Marshall, largely because most sources don't log the 'by the second' scores and just record the minute. If it's true though, then it is indeed weird.

Anyway, funny fact of the day: Raheem Sterling has the same amount of kids as Liverpool have points after 5 games... and he's 17!

Lastly there's all this talk about 'We just need a good goal scorer', and I've been thinking who you could get who'd be sufficiently 'clinical' to play that role in a passing side (i.e. has technique, able to get past a man and has a good shot). If Dempsey wasn't possible for 4m, who's available at that sort of price range unless we're talking free transfers?

The owners will spend now, they have to. The deadline made them look like twats, the only way to regain face is signing an actual good striker.

Who wouldn't want to join Liverpool? Won the Champions League, extremely passionate fan base, talented manager who has ambition, talented players.....

Walcott would probably prefer playing for Arsenal rather than Liverpool unfortunately. Even if he does leave on a free it doesn't necessarily guarantee Walcott joining Liverpool.

Some of Dalglish's tweets tonight from his verified account:

View attachment 277038

It seems he's talking to his family on twitter, perhaps he thinks it's a private chat or something?

Oh well. Remember when first Benitez & then Dalglish were gonna end Fergie's dynasty? One now writes blogs, the other gets ****** & goes on Twitter.

Last edited:
Who wouldn't want to join Liverpool? Won the Champions League, extremely passionate fan base, talented manager who has ambition, talented players.....

Sorry if I'm wrong but... are you being sarcastic?

The owners will spend now, they have to. The deadline made them look like twats, the only way to regain face is signing an actual good striker.

Not when there isn't actually any money.Club would need a direct injection from their pockets first. Regaining face in front of supporters (many of whom don't seem to realise the constraints the club is running under) shouldn't be anywhere near their thinking,

Also being a fan of a club doesnt mean you will think about signing for them. Why would he go and get paid LESS money to not play CL football?

Any player who wants to play in the champions league in the next couple of years, I guess. Good club but lets not pretend there aren't any reasons for a player not wanting to go there.
Also, isn't walcott after 100k a week? Would liverpool be willing to pay him that?

Any player who wants to play in the champions league in the next couple of years, I guess. Good club but lets not pretend there aren't any reasons for a player not wanting to go there.
Also, isn't walcott after 100k a week? Would liverpool be willing to pay him that?

Honestly don't know about his wages. But Liverpool are pretty much in a period of transition right now-like many clubs have been in the past. Like Man Utd right now. I think Walcott would be worth the investment

Sorry if I'm wrong but... are you being sarcastic?

No quite the opposite. As people are aware I'm an Everton fan, but have a lot of respect for Liverpool FC and what they've achieved. I have a lot of respect too for Man Utd. I'm a football fan in general

Walcott would be a very good signing for Liverpool, bringing added pace, guile and penetration to a Liverpool greatly lacking these qualities. I am afraid to say however that Llorente would be a very unlikely signing and probably wouldn't be willing to join.

Shelvey sent off on 38:58.
Gerrard scores on
45:51.
Rafael equalises on 51:45,
RVP
scores the penalty on 80:16.

All add up to 96.

That is unbelievably weird

JFT96

Would have been epic but I think almost all times are wrong.

Shelvey red card: 38:20
Gerrard goal: 45:49
Rafael goal : 50:29
RVP goal: 80:11

Back