The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Read the Xabi interview on the LFC website, top bloke. True pro, Liverpool fans, his whole family. Can't hold him leaving against him, wanted to move on, we got a good price for him. Still haven't replaced him though.

Have to agree, hes a model pro. Dont blame him for leaving and glad he still holds the club close to his heart.

According to portugeese reports we have agreed a fee for Concetrao (£26M) and are now in pole position to sign him. I really hope this is true but it hasnt been confirmed by either club as of yet. Thoughts on the matter?

Have to agree, hes a model pro. Dont blame him for leaving and glad he still holds the club close to his heart.

According to portugeese reports we have agreed a fee for Concetrao (£26M) and are now in pole position to sign him. I really hope this is true but it hasnt been confirmed by either club as of yet. Thoughts on the matter?

i was listening to talksport and Gulliem Ballague was on it and he said the Benfica Chairman i think? allegedly said there's been no bid from Liverpool?

Read the Xabi interview on the LFC website, top bloke. True pro, Liverpool fans, his whole family. Can't hold him leaving against him, wanted to move on, we got a good price for him. Still haven't replaced him though.

He's irreplaceable is Xabi. A one off. There's no player in world football who plays his position to anywhere near his standerd. He get's stuck in, passes sublimely & always gives 100%. His positional sense is quite remarkable. It's a toss up between him & Souness for LFC's greatest ever midfielder. I wish him all the best.

Sounds like a good deal,mite help exploit the Asian market a bit more :)

Also former reds boss Rafa Benitez has reportedly been offered the Athletico Madrid job. Thoughts on this?

Aguero wont be sold to Real Madrid. Do we really have a chance to get him?

Think RB is angling for a Premiership job as his family is now settled in the northwest of england. It all depends on the offers he gets of course, but I think Atletico wouldn't be his first choice destination.

I've always thought that Aguero won't come to LFC as his salary would be too high & that we have other player position prioritories that need addressing first. Also we'd have Aguero, Suarez & Carroll all demanding to play & 3 forwards would be a non-starter tactically; can't see any of them being too thrilled to be a backup option.

Thank God the CL final hype & BS is a gonner.

At last we can now concentrate on the important business: KK's & FSG's rebuild of the first team playing squad.

Last edited:
YouTube - ‪Javier Mascherano dedicates champions league win to Liverpool fans‬‏
Haha, Neville's face.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Bored, procrastinating, so...

OUT-
Joe Cole-Been so, so poor. On a high wage, too high for a bench warmer.
Koncheskey-A Roy signing, not good at all, no place for him.
Jovanovic-Same as Cole
Krygiakos-Contract's up, a cult hero though!
N'gog-Loan to a Premier League club, to bulk him up.
Eccleston-Loan/permanent, doubt he'll make it.
El Zhar-shown promise, but not improved.
Aquilani-Injury prone, made it clear he doesn't want to return. May be hard to find a new club, with Juve signing Pirlo, and Milan after Montollivo.
Degen-Decent player, but not needed.
Agger-Shame, such a shame. Great player, but injury prone, sell him while he's still young.

IN-
James McCarthy-5-10 million, good young player. Lots of desire, Scottish background meaning a desire to play for Kenny's probably there. Only twenty or so, impressed me at Wigan.
Izaguirre/Enrique-Either or really. Izzy with his Celtic links, but not too tested yet, really. Enrique has little time left on his contract,been in England for a few years now. Again, Newcastle links to Kenny.5-10 million
Phil Jones-Still young, similar to Agger. Scouts have been watching him, I've been very impressed with him, can also play as defensive midfielder, so he's versatile. 10-15 million.
Scott Dann-Former Liverpool season ticket holder, held Birmingham's defence together, when he got injured, didn't they know it. 4-8 million.
Stewart Downing-English, with experience. Versatile, and can cross the ball well (Carroll partnership could flurish), been linked with him for so very long, and now looks like he wants out. 8-12 million
Juan Mata-We HAVE held talks with Valencia over him, would really be a great signing and add a new dimension. 20-25 million (our BIG signing) If not him, N'Zogbia/Elia/Jarvis etc.

With Pacheco now being given a fair chance to play first team, Spearing in as back up still. Flanno, Robinson, Sterling and most importantly Coady being given game time. Coady, England U-19's captain, Gerrard v.2 in many ways.

That would be my ideal summer.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Would be inter-changeable
Reina
Johnson Carragher Dann Enrique(Izaguirre)
Gerrard Lucas Merieles
Mata Carroll(Kuyt) Suarez

Or
Gulacsi
Robinson Jones Skrtel Flanno/Wilson
Downing Spearing McCarthy Maxi
Pacheco
N'Gog

YouTube - ‪Javier Mascherano dedicates champions league win to Liverpool fans‬‏
Haha, Neville's face.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Bored, procrastinating, so...

OUT-
Joe Cole-Been so, so poor. On a high wage, too high for a bench warmer.
Koncheskey-A Roy signing, not good at all, no place for him.
Jovanovic-Same as Cole
Krygiakos-Contract's up, a cult hero though!
N'gog-Loan to a Premier League club, to bulk him up.
Eccleston-Loan/permanent, doubt he'll make it.
El Zhar-shown promise, but not improved.
Aquilani-Injury prone, made it clear he doesn't want to return. May be hard to find a new club, with Juve signing Pirlo, and Milan after Montollivo.
Degen-Decent player, but not needed.
Agger-Shame, such a shame. Great player, but injury prone, sell him while he's still young.

IN-
James McCarthy-5-10 million, good young player. Lots of desire, Scottish background meaning a desire to play for Kenny's probably there. Only twenty or so, impressed me at Wigan.
Izaguirre/Enrique-Either or really. Izzy with his Celtic links, but not too tested yet, really. Enrique has little time left on his contract,been in England for a few years now. Again, Newcastle links to Kenny.5-10 million
Phil Jones-Still young, similar to Agger. Scouts have been watching him, I've been very impressed with him, can also play as defensive midfielder, so he's versatile. 10-15 million.
Scott Dann-Former Liverpool season ticket holder, held Birmingham's defence together, when he got injured, didn't they know it. 4-8 million.
Stewart Downing-English, with experience. Versatile, and can cross the ball well (Carroll partnership could flurish), been linked with him for so very long, and now looks like he wants out. 8-12 million
Juan Mata-We HAVE held talks with Valencia over him, would really be a great signing and add a new dimension. 20-25 million (our BIG signing) If not him, N'Zogbia/Elia/Jarvis etc.

With Pacheco now being given a fair chance to play first team, Spearing in as back up still. Flanno, Robinson, Sterling and most importantly Coady being given game time. Coady, England U-19's captain, Gerrard v.2 in many ways.

That would be my ideal summer.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Would be inter-changeable
Reina
Johnson Carragher Dann Enrique(Izaguirre)
Gerrard Lucas Merieles
Mata Carroll(Kuyt) Suarez

Or
Gulacsi
Robinson Jones Skrtel Flanno/Wilson
Downing Spearing McCarthy Maxi
Pacheco
N'Gog

What about Adam mate, or don't you rate him ? He's had a very good three-quarters of a season, carrying Blackpool on his back at the same time; his vision & dead ball delivery would be an asset imv. We do need a Stevie backup you know, whilst he recovers from his various knocks & bruises over a season. Alas he's getting too many of these nowadays.

What about Adam mate, or don't you rate him ? He's had a very good three-quarters of a season, carrying Blackpool on his back at the same time; his vision & dead ball delivery would be an asset imv. We do need a Stevie backup you know, whilst he recovers from his various knocks & bruises over a season. Alas he's getting too many of these nowadays.

I chose McCarthy over Adam. Not convinced by him, had two good seasons, before that was a failure with Rangers. Seems too much of a risk to me.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I forgot about Kelly, how?! =o

I don't know about you guys,

Stevie Gerrard is 31 here,

Happy Birthday Stevie G

Guys, can you please follow me on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/harnamsingh5

Always tweet about LFC and need followers!!!

On topic. I hope Kun comes to LFC but regardless i think we should have a good summer. Young is defo going Mancs :(

Next season will have glory. I am full of hope, without the european competitions we will be able to focus on cup and league wich will be good, we need a season to make this Liverpool in a better team. We have the players, we have the manager. Hard work now!

I chose McCarthy over Adam. Not convinced by him, had two good seasons, before that was a failure with Rangers. Seems too much of a risk to me.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I forgot about Kelly, how?! =o

Dropping in on the adams Discussion here, He was played Horribily out of position for Rangers( left wing) when it was clear he wasnt a winger to all.

Dropping in on the adams Discussion here, He was played Horribily out of position for Rangers( left wing) when it was clear he wasnt a winger to all.

Ah, well I'm still not sure on him really. Would either be a complete failure, or an absoloute beast.

Back