The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not certain on Adam either, actually. Still, he'll almost certainly be in the Prem next season, we'll find out then.

Liverpool fans, what are your opinion on Celtic fans? Started a topic on a Celtic forum debating it, they don't seem to like us...

Liverpool fans, what are your opinion on Celtic fans? Started a topic on a Celtic forum debating it, they don't seem to like us...

I think they're fine.

If they don't like us why do they sing out anthem ? Maybe it's simply because we're english.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Hoping for some transfer activity soon...

I think the days of LFC negotiating for players in public are gone so we'll be the last to know if anyone's arriving. It's clearly the way to go in transfer dealings but it is frustrating for us fans.

however the likes of Joe Cole, Poulsen and all the other garbage need to be sold, Aquilani should also leave in my opinion.

Joe Cole is hardly garbage, he is a fantastic player and its hardly his fault that for the first half of the season he played under a **** manager who never deployed him correctly and in the second half of the season he was hardly given enough opportunites to playby Daglish

Joe Cole is hardly garbage, he is a fantastic player and its hardly his fault that for the first half of the season he played under a **** manager who never deployed him correctly and in the second half of the season he was hardly given enough opportunites to playby Daglish

Lies and slander. Was behind the striker not his correct position then? Dalglish has given him plenty of chances to prove himself, and he's done nothing at all. On the last day of the season he was absoloutely woeful. He's garbage.

There's a reason Dalglish hasn't played him: he's garbage.

Thing is with Joe Cole, he showed soooo much promise and potential. Loved watchin him when he first burst onto the scene, but sadly......the bubble burst, and injuries...just lost it. Now become a player for mid-lower table clubs at least. Real shame, as I honestly thought he would be a great player. But there you go. Happened to many a player.

Wrong tense usage: he WAS a fantastic player whilst operating within the sound of Bow Bells - he's now a premature burnout or he dearly misses Old London Town. If KK could turn Maxi into a hat-trick king then what price Cole ? Even the kids are overshadowing him; Kenny gives everone every chance of stepping up & clearly JC has failed to do this - & on a huge salary too.

Time to go, Joe.

LIVERPOOL star Steven Gerrard looks set to cause an England rift as he is caught celebrating Manchester United’s Champions League defeat.

These incredible pictures show Steven Gerrard signalling Liverpool’s five European Cup victories in a gesture that will enrage Manchester United.

He and his pals then rubbed salt in the wound with gloating messages on Twitter about Barcelona’s 3-1 victory in Saturday’s Wembley final.

But Gerrard will have some explaining to do when he meets up with United stars Wayne Rooney, 25, Rio Ferdinand, 32, and Michael Carrick, 29 for England training today.

The Kop star, his best pal Paul McGrattan and boxer Paul Smith Jnr mocked United as they and other Liverpool fans revelled in Barcelona’s triumph.

Actor McGrattan posted the snap showing Gerrard holding up five fi ngers and bragging: “Stevie G reminding the world “IN ISTANBUL WE WON 5 TIMES”!! Liverpool FC The Greatest Club in World!’’

He then taunted a striker who joined United from Liverpool. Mc-Grattan wrote: “Message from the captain to Michael Owen. If you can’t beat them you should of joined....us! 5 TIMES! You 0 times!’’

Ex-Brit super-middleweight champ Smith Jnr also uploaded a snap of Gerrard cheering when Barcelona went 2-1 up. But a United insider said: “This is a pretty despicable thing to do.

“This was one of the biggest games of the careers of players like Wayne and Rio.

“Everyone understands the rivalry between United and Liverpool but for Gerrard to be captured partying while his colleagues were distraught is infl ammatory.

“This provokes hatred between fans. And it won’t be the best thing for England team

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Steven Gerrard's joy at Manchester United's Euro defeat

Pathetic article.

you were happy to bandy it about that he was doing, now it could be seen in a bad light its pathetic?

you were happy to bandy it about that he was doing, now it could be seen in a bad light its pathetic?

It's pathetic because there was no article about current United players and their '19' related pictures. Like when that oath Rooney shaved 19 onto his chest.

It's pathetic because there was no article about current United players and their '19' related pictures. Like when that oath Rooney shaved 19 onto his chest.

probably since that was between liverpool and united, the barca game had little do with liverpool. Point is there is two sides to every story, not saying they will be annoyed, but there is the negative side to it

I hope they did an article on Rooneys chest hair as well.

I hope they did an article on Rooneys chest hair as well.

I dont know if they did but it was on all the Irish papers last week.

And when United try rub it in our faces about no. 19 were perfectly entitled to remind them who have been kings of Europe 5 times :)

I dont know if they did but it was on all the Irish papers last week.

And when United try rub it in our faces about no. 19 were perfectly entitled to remind them who have been kings of Europe 5 times :)

this is kind of my point, it goes both ways, that is what the rivalry is about, two great clubs outdoing each other at every turn

I think any schadenfreude exhibited toward one's rivals should be kept to his or her own club's forums to avoid name calling & verbal fisticuffs - in the fm-base forum it should be avoided altogether as there is a lot of fan cross over in threads. Likewise with overt hubris regarding one's own club. It just leads to bad feeling & trolling. I've been guilty of it in the past but now I've wised up. It's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
I think any schadenfreude exhibited toward one's rivals should be kept to his or her own club's forums to avoid name calling & verbal fisticuffs - in the fm-base forum it should be avoided altogether as there is a lot of fan cross over in threads. Likewise with overt hubris regarding one's own club. It just leads to bad feeling & trolling. I've been guilty of it in the past but now I've wised up. It's not worth the hassle.

pretty much this. fully expect a side to celebrate when it becomes out rubbing it in someone else face rather than actually just being happy its pointless, as for 19, personally moved on from that. big summer ahead, the arrival of new foes, the resurgence of great old foes, and a whole new club for SAF to obsess about (barca)

Any word on ashley young? please say you have pushed ahead in that

You're just boring.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Any word on ashley young? please say you have pushed ahead in that

Young is out of the country atm, both you and us are waiting for a decision from him.

Back