The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Shocking revelation: Kenny Dalglish accidently sits on a stack of custom-made hairbands owned by Fernando Torres , causing infuriated spanish international to hand in a transfer request. Even though years have passed, Fernando is still visibly traumatised by these events.

"It was surreal" - he told our reporter. "I had to fly a new stack overnight from Japan. I can't score if my hair is out of control". "Liverpool's board promised me they will install seperate locker to store all my hairbands, but never fullfiled this request. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. And they call themselves professionals?"

You heard it here first.

What are you talking about? I love Torres [the Liverpool player].

I dont doubt it, but he recieved an overwhelming amount of flak for leaving, even after he said this. he always alluded there was far more to his leaving than was put out.

I dont doubt it, but he recieved an overwhelming amount of flak for leaving, even after he said this. he always alluded there was far more to his leaving than was put out.

Yes, Liverpool wanted the 50m maybe? :P

I know it was never his fault for leaving... But £50m for an out of form Torres? I think we had to take it at that time. Although I think we'd be a lot less bitter if the player we spent most of that money on wasn't Carroll -.-

A Suarez and Torres partnership is what dreams are made of! <3

I know it was never his fault for leaving... But £50m for an out of form Torres? I think we had to take it at that time. Although I think we'd be a lot less bitter if the player we spent most of that money on wasn't Carroll -.-

A Suarez and Torres partnership is what dreams are made of! <3

Indeed, it was a brilliant price, as you say, shame it was wasted. But it was the way he was hugely typecast by many as shamelessly ditching the club, when there was more to it. As it turns out, it was largely down to Comolli not living up to repeated promises he made. Funnily enough, that was the aim, Suarez was never initially a replacement, but a partner. Glad it never happened, would have been fearsome.

Indeed, it was a brilliant price, as you say, shame it was wasted. But it was the way he was hugely typecast by many as shamelessly ditching the club, when there was more to it. As it turns out, it was largely down to Comolli not living up to repeated promises he made. Funnily enough, that was the aim, Suarez was never initially a replacement, but a partner. Glad it never happened, would have been fearsome.

Imo Suarez is now the much better player compared to Torres of today, just not anywhere near the player he once was.

[video=youtube;veunvp441PQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=veunvp441PQ[/video]

[video=youtube;veunvp441PQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=veunvp441PQ[/video]

You expect people to care about a Suarez video where he isn't diving? Don't be ridiculous!

He is an incredible player, though. (:

Zola on Fernando Torres: "He has good spirit, but he doesn't love Chelsea, you can buy his service but you can never buy his love for Liverpool."

So, Anzhi away tonight. We'll probably get spanked, but honestly I don't much care about this cup. We clearly don't have the squad to cope with it. However if we somehow get through the group, hopefully we make plenty of signings to cope

So, Anzhi away tonight. We'll probably get spanked, but honestly I don't much care about this cup. We clearly don't have the squad to cope with it. However if we somehow get through the group, hopefully we make plenty of signings to cope
Its at home isn't it? And I can see us getting something out of the game, possibly wining it, depends on who Brodgers plays.

It's at home. We will play a strong team.

What's wrong with playing our younger players? I think it's awesome, and I love watching them. I'd rather see them on the pitch than a bunch of no-hopers like Poulson and Jovanovic.

Ironically he actually played quite well last night in the champions league lol :)

So did Poulsen, provided an excellent base for the Ajax attacking players to work from.

Edit: Just realised KO isnt till later. my bad >.>

Last edited:
Back