The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
yeah it's at home, my bad. The young players are great, but there are only a few I'd trust with a game like this. I.e Wisdom, Suso, Pacheco, Sterling, etc.

Strong team today, oddly so.

Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Assaidi, Downing, Suarez.

Ironically he actually played quite well last night in the champions league lol :)

So did Poulsen, provided an excellent base for the Ajax attacking players to work from.

My point still stands. (:

yeah it's at home, my bad. The young players are great, but there are only a few I'd trust with a game like this. I.e Wisdom, Suso, Pacheco, Sterling, etc.

Strong team today, oddly so.

Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Assaidi, Downing, Suarez.

Why is it odd? We're at home. A professional footballer should be able to cope playing 90 minutes on a Thursday and 90 minutes on a Saturday with ease.

****, Assaidi is class; can't wait to see him develope further.
Also, Brad Jones is doing wonders too!

2zzpbu8.jpg

Why dont we play Assaidi more?! Sterling and Assaidi on the wings is beast

HE's not been here long, if he keeps this up in these matches, he will be soon

Good result, decent performance, by no means great performance, but we won, and it's three clean sheets in a row. Wisdom <3

HE's not been here long, if he keeps this up in these matches, he will be soon

Good result, decent performance, by no means great performance, but we won, and it's three clean sheets in a row. Wisdom <3

I can't tell which one is Assaidi's weak foot :/

A professional footballer should be able to cope playing 90 minutes on a Thursday and 90 minutes on a Saturday with ease.
Yeah, of course they can, but the biggest risk is injury. Also, two tough games in two days is demanding, no matter whether you play in your local pub league or in the Premier League! I do agree with your statement to a certain extent, though, sometimes players are rested too much!

Agreed! I've also been really impressed by our youngsters: such as Wisdom, Shelvey, Sterling, Suso! I feel that we are re-building well, and I have a lot of faith in Brendan Rodgers at the helm! I think our team to face Everton should be:

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Assaidi, Suarez

I really wouldn't risk youngsters like Wisdom and Suso in such an important game, although they obviously possess a lot of talent, and Shelvey isn't good enough to get into the team at the moment, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, of course they can, but the biggest risk is injury. Also, two tough games in two days is demanding, no matter whether you play in your local pub league or in the Premier League! I do agree with your statement to a certain extent, though, sometimes players are rested too much!

Agreed! I've also been really impressed by our youngsters: such as Wisdom, Shelvey, Sterling, Suso! I feel that we are re-building well, and I have a lot of faith in Brendan Rodgers at the helm! I think our team to face Everton should be:

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Assaidi, Suarez

I really wouldn't risk youngsters like Wisdom and Suso in such an important game, although they obviously possess a lot of talent, and Shelvey isn't good enough to get into the team at the moment, in my opinion.

I'm sure moyes will be very happy to see Downing at left back.

It will be an early christmas present. However....if Fellaini is not fit like Hibbo and Gibbo, and of course missing Pienaar...well, depends on who can play the ref best. Though waiting to find out if Reina is fit or not

Though saying that, I pray that Suarez does not act like a **** (and Jelavic too) and try to con the ref. All I want is a clean match. Like I mentioned on the Everton thread, all I want is a clean, fair match and not a repeat of the Rodwell incident. Football is in the **** as it is right now-we don't want more manure poured on top

Why is it odd? We're at home. A professional footballer should be able to cope playing 90 minutes on a Thursday and 90 minutes on a Saturday with ease.

A few years ago, the AC Milan Lab noted that the risk of injury in one game is 10%. And that rises to 30% or 40% if another intensive game follows in three or four days.

In the past 18 days Suarez has played five full games. That’s one every 3.5 days. To massively complicate matters, two of those were away matches for Uruguay, in Argentina and Bolivia (at altitude), which involved thousands of miles of flying. It’s hardly ideal preparation for the Goodison derby.
[1]

Downing at left back has yet to be a disaster, so it could be worse, if he does infact play there. Rather Robinson play there though.

I see where you're coming from, but he's not that bad. He's currently very underrated in my opinion, and his experience will be vital in the derby!

--------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB via the Tapatalk application.

MisterZhifei

I see where you're coming from, but he's not that bad. He's currently very underrated in my opinion, and his experience will be vital in the derby!

--------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB via the Tapatalk application.

MisterZhifei

What? He's been absolute pants. Not underrated at all.

Downing hasn't done anything of note since he left Villa.

And now he's at left back.

Downing hasn't done anything of note since he left Villa.

And now he's at left back.

I did chuckle at the "his experience will be vital in the derby" lol. What, above Gerrards, Carra's, Reina's etc etc etc

Back