The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
GodCubed, did you just read my mind? Everything you said I completely agree with. Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba were well known players and definately qualoty. Tiote was the only guy who I didn't know about. Face it LFC Marshall our scouting system and transfer policy is dire.

Liverpool also had a chance to get Jelavic aswell. Many thanks for that lol

We're a joke both on and off the pitch tbh.

As an Everton fan I find it quite a shame with the position they're in right now. They were a tremondous force to be reckoned with a while back and produced many special moments (I don't even have to mention Istanbul), and Gerrard always produced such amazing performances and comebacks-literally having to carry the team on his shoulders at times. It's just unreal seeing them in this situation.

As an Everton fan I find it quite a shame with the position they're in right now. They were a tremondous force to be reckoned with a while back and produced many special moments (I don't even have to mention Istanbul), and Gerrard always produced such amazing performances and comebacks-literally having to carry the team on his shoulders at times. It's just unreal seeing them in this situation.

again in what situation, not winning every single week?

people have over expectant views, we were nearly not a club a few years back, the cowboys ruined us, we started rebuilding only to give trust to a clueless Comolli with Dalglish half to blame aswell... and we're building back up again while still competing at the top half of the premier league

we've got good youth coming through, and a few quality players still at the club, add to that a new manager, philosophy, owners ETC it is going to take alot of time..

Then also add how much money teams can throw in that we cant

There is still positives, but too many people love to overreact and call it a crisis straight away

Liverpool used to be one of the most respected teams in the country. Now, we lose at home 3-1 to the likes of Swansea City. How exactly can I be optimistic when a mockery is made out of the club all of the time?

Liverpool also had a chance to get Jelavic aswell. Many thanks for that lol

Ah, now, that transfer is one where it wasn't quite so cut and dried. Yeah, he'd scored plenty of goals in Scotland, but so had Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd. It was a gamble, and it paid off very well indeed for Moyes, but you can see why Liverpool didn't go for him if indeed they were thinking about it.

Heh. The idea of Agger and Carragher forming a human pyramid above Gerrard amuses me greatly.

Liverpool used to be one of the most respected teams in the country. Now, we lose at home 3-1 to the likes of Swansea City. How exactly can I be optimistic when a mockery is made out of the club all of the time?

read my above post to ajt09

we're not the club we used to be, one big mistake your making is thinking we still are.

To be fair Lpool are a bit of a joke off the pitch right now, the huge swinging over-reactions after a loss from Gerrard (Everton long ball team) which he then retracts the day after... Brendon Rodgers in the Being Liverpool documentary where he has a huge picture of himself in his office and at home on the wall... Suarez's antics... KK's ridiculous response to those antics... KK's comedy interviews where it's "everyone against us"... the whole twitter thing where your communication director reportedly wanted to help fans send dogshit to a fake journalist ... Need I go on?

It's not that I think we are a big club or anything. In fact I think we will be a mid-table team for a very long time. I'm just bitter about the fact that we are condemned to mid-table mediocrity for seemingly an eternity.

It's not that I think we are a big club or anything. In fact I think we will be a mid-table team for a very long time. I'm just bitter about the fact that we are condemned to mid-table mediocrity for seemingly an eternity.

Well then support our mid-table club

people have over expectant views, we were nearly not a club a few years back, the cowboys ruined us, we started rebuilding only to give trust to a clueless Comolli with Dalglish half to blame aswell... and we're building back up again while still competing at the top half of the premier league

we've got good youth coming through, and a few quality players still at the club, add to that a new manager, philosophy, owners ETC it is going to take alot of time..

There is still positives, but too many people love to overreact and call it a crisis straight away
You literally threw 50 or 60 millions down the wind with your signings. You've spend more then 100 million in past 2-3 years. Money wasn't/isn't the issue. Selling key players and failing to find proper replacement is.

Buying in failing players for way over to odds has put us in the place we are though.
I didn't expect us to do any better than 6-7th this season unless something amazing happened in the transfer windows. We've been selling our best players and replacing them with less and less viable replacements for far too long and it's coming back to **** us over hard now.
Team has little to no depth and the vast majority of our best players are either all from our youth or signings Rodgers has made, so isn't all bad I guess.

I shall, and am. But at the very least, allow me to have a moan about my team! ;) Seriously though, if Liverpool's destiny is mid table, then I will be there for them every step of the way. Even if I lose my sanity through it all.

You summed the situation up pretty well.

You literally threw 50 or 60 millions down the wind with your signings. You've spend more then 100 million in past 2-3 years. Money wasn't/isn't the issue. Selling key players and failing to find proper replacement is.

thats what i was saying on the first place!!

teams throw money on improving their squad, we have been selling key players to fund transfers

yes the replacements have been poor but even so, its the reason why we dont have a good enough 'squad'

Tbf about Rafa, he had his hands tied behind his back in terms of signings. However, did he ever explain why he tried to replace Alonso with Gareth Barry??

Tbf about Rafa, he had his hands tied behind his back in terms of signings. However, did he ever explain why he tried to replace Alonso with Gareth Barry??

Because '07/08, Alonso was absolute gash, whereas Barry was very impressive

Meh, got the runaround today, some of the players are gash and don't even seem to try half the time. Cole, Henderson, Downing et al. Swansea played how we are supposed to be trying to play, it'll take time, but it won't happen when players like Stewart ******* Downing are in our team. The guy is hopeless, well and truly.

Agreed, Rafa was brilliant.. did have bad signings, but more than outweighed them with the team he made, possibly our best for 20 years

although yes Barry, Alonso saga was confusing, considering Rafa was the one who brought Xabi in the first place

thats what i was saying on the first place!!

teams throw money on improving their squad, we have been selling key players to fund transfers

yes the replacements have been poor but even so, its the reason why we dont have a good enough 'squad'

I think you're blindly supporting your team, or maybe just trying to pass the blame. Wenger sells his top assests season after season but has consistently challenged for a top 4 spot. I think the realistic position of the club lies somewhere between redterror's opinions and your own. It's clear that a lot of work is needed, but I think strides have been made this season and Rodgers is the man to rebuild the club. There have been a lot of positives this season.

You cannot argue that off the field antics haven't destabalised the club though, and you can't keep passing the blame either.

Back