The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
hahaha sprinkler malfunction, wet liverpool fans. Compo claim surely....

We play well up until the final third, which is the problem. We're great at passing the ball but no one roams forward to support Suarez, Johnson and Enrique end up further up the pitch than anyone else when they're playing.

this was shown when Suarez broke free, shot and it got deflected into the middle

the rest of the team stopped and watched him..

we are very poor in attack

20M Downing + 20M Henderson + 5M Adam = 45M Falcao. Imagine if Liverpool had splashed all that cash on Falcao when he was at Porto. Do genuinely feel bad for you guys, play well yet you lack a cutting edge.

In-before: "PUT YOUR ******* HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS FSG IM SICK OF THIS *****".

Caroll wasn't simply a flop. Flop is Barca buying Ibrahimovic. They blew 30 milion or w/e, he didn't really fit in, no big deal, they could resell him again without much net loss. But Caroll is worth what, 10-15 miliion now? It's not a flop , its a disaster.

Torres, in comparision, is not such a bad deal. Sure, he doesn't play up to 50 milion price tag (which was way overpriced even when he was playing at his best). But as a WC and 2x Euro winner he is VERY high-profile, so there's at least a lot of marketing value to be had, even if he plays like ***. Caroll? For casual fans its the nameless guy from funny gifs.

46E and Eto'o, sold to Milan for 24E a year later.

Carroll was bought for 35 million, probably be sold for about 10-15 million.

I know this point is silly, and pointless. Both were flops, but your post lacked common sense claiming Ibrahimovic was not a flop, yet Carroll was a 'disaster'.

Heard a rumour West ham do not want to pay the £17 mil clause for Carroll but a deal of around 7-8 mil plus Diame could happen. TBH cant see this happening and I dont think it would be worth it for west ham Diame has been brilliant for them dont see why they would think about giving him away for free to sign Carroll.

Heard a rumour West ham do not want to pay the £17 mil clause for Carroll but a deal of around 7-8 mil plus Diame could happen. TBH cant see this happening and I dont think it would be worth it for west ham Diame has been brilliant for them dont see why they would think about giving him away for free to sign Carroll.

Because Big Sam doesn't need midfielders when he can boot it over the midfield to Carroll.

it may be tempting aswell... a DM as cover for Lucas, something we have badly missed, and getting Carroll off the wage budget and receiving 8 million aswell

very much doubt it is true but still..

it may be tempting aswell... a DM as cover for Lucas, something we have badly missed, and getting Carroll off the wage budget and receiving 8 million aswell

Agreed,would be great but ultimately unlikely, he's been their arguably their best player. West ham wont just be about staying up, hence bringing in Carroll, but building on that. Losing him would be a blow to that.

Not sure that's necessary. I'd rather focus on left backs, wingers and strikers, and even more attack minded midfielders, before Diame.

Not sure that's necessary. I'd rather focus on left backs, wingers and strikers, and even more attack minded midfielders, before Diame.

agreed, but if we're receiving him in a deal to sell Carroll id take it, then focus the other funds on them areas

Pure genius from Suarez.

Laughing at owens tweet about the red card never being a sending off. You'd think with all the money hes snatched over the years he'd get an eye test done..

di-4TRD.gif

Pure genius from Suarez.

Laughing at owens tweet about the red card never being a sending off. You'd think with all the money hes snatched over the years he'd get an eye test done..

im amazed at the amount of people saying it wasnt a red, it was a nasty challenge.. Suarez is just lucky he didnt make alot of contact

Again i say it with a pinch of salt,

but the prospect of Walcott - Huntelaar - Suarez as a front three is very exciting

but its Liverpool, so it wont happen, we'll probably sign Grant Holt instead.

Back