The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Normally I'd apologise for heartbreakingly bad "jokes" but meh-drinking wine and in a good mood lol

going to be honest-being playing FM so much totally forgot about WoW lol.

United lose.. Chelsea lose.. Newcastle lose.. Everton lose.. 7 goals in Arsenal v Tottenham.. Man City win.. Liverpool win!

Match of the day tonight is certainly going to be a collectors item!

Yeah well. We were playing against 12 men today.

Bitter loss syndrome kicks in oO)

But yeah. We were **** today. Moyes kicked off big time with the players. Still, loooong way to go. Anything can happen. Even Liverpool could finish above Everton come end of the season

( XD )

(yes was joking-harmless banter lol)

I thought we were brilliant today, the decision to play Enrique further forward was a brave move but it really paid off! I've been hoping for years for managers to use Johnson in the midfield and it never really happened so this was yet another sign of Rodgers making what may seem as risky decisions but knowing they will come through.

I thought we were brilliant today, the decision to play Enrique further forward was a brave move but it really paid off! I've been hoping for years for managers to use Johnson in the midfield and it never really happened so this was yet another sign of Rodgers making what may seem as risky decisions but knowing they will come through.

Which is why I thought appointing Rodgers was a bold, yet sensible move. He's confident, ambitious, young and knows what he's doing. He just needs the time. And importantly aswell, he's honest with where the club stands and where it should end up realistically. This season is mainly transitionall in my eyes, but next season should be when it comes together. I rate him highly myself (which hurts as an Evertonian lol)

Last edited:
Dont forgot the tactical switch, Suso off for Hendo... bold move that, but worked very well.

Hendo is a very decent player when played CM, chases down non stop and a tidy passer

First half was ****, second half was great. Best half we've played all season. Even Henderson and enrique played well!

Suarez hasn't half got his shooting boots on this year, top scorer and all that. Really pleased with it, still not sure he's a central striker, but he's definitely doing better than last year. Quite funny though how Brendan said we didn't want to rely on one player to score our goals, when this season I think there's only about four who have scored, and suarez has what, 11,10 goals?

Skrtel and Agger might have one, Gerrard with one I think, Sterling with one?

First half was ****, second half was great. Best half we've played all season. Even Henderson and enrique played well!

Suarez hasn't half got his shooting boots on this year, top scorer and all that. Really pleased with it, still not sure he's a central striker, but he's definitely doing better than last year. Quite funny though how Brendan said we didn't want to rely on one player to score our goals, when this season I think there's only about four who have scored, and suarez has what, 11,10 goals?

we havn't got much more attacking threat haha

hopefully that will change come January

With Cavani talks according to his agent, and Soldado talks according to talksport should be an interesting window

Agree with Rodgers assesment of finishing 7th is a good achievement? From a non-biased viewpoint I think it is. Yes it's not Europe, but still from the way I see it, it's been very turmutulous what with everything that's happened. They have the building blocks in place

Dont forgot the tactical switch, Suso off for Hendo... bold move that, but worked very well.

Hendo is a very decent player when played CM, chases down non stop and a tidy passer

Henderson is a good player.. No idea why Rodger's dislikes him so much.

we havn't got much more attacking threat haha

hopefully that will change come January

With Cavani talks according to his agent, and Soldado talks according to talksport should be an interesting window

Cavani is wanted by every team in the world.. Doubt he'd want to join us. Unless Suarez has some sort of jedi mind power that can convince him this is the place to be! Oh and the club find £40m out of their ****. Soldado is realistic.. Would cost <£20m, probably wouldn't command a much bigger wage than Carroll, and appears to tick all the right boxes.. I think we need to permanently sell Carroll first though, West Ham have something like a £17m option to buy him and Newcastle are obviously interested (due to the impending sales of Ba and/ or Cisse) so it's looking good on that front.

We need a forward in January though, either that or Suso and Sterling need to score more, which is unlikely as that isn't really the way they play.

Agree with Rodgers assesment of finishing 7th is a good achievement? From a non-biased viewpoint I think it is. Yes it's not Europe, but still from the way I see it, it's been very turmutulous what with everything that's happened. They have the building blocks in place

I think, finishing above Everton is a good achievement. Whether that be 4th or 10th ;)

7th is a realistic target, even if a little bit pessimistic. We are going through a pretty bumpy transition period but our football is actually quite good.. The rebuilding won't be easy but it's necessary. It's also necessary that Suarez isn't sold, he's priceless.

Yeah seventh would be good, but I think we could probably finish higher if we do good business in January. If we were to get say, Soldado, and Nathan Dyer, I think we could perhaps finish higher. Doubt we'll get Soldado, but it'd be great if we did.

"10 - Luis Suárez is the PL top scorer, has created the most chances from open play (35) & has had most touches in opp box (131). Fulcrum."

Yeah seventh would be good, but I think we could probably finish higher if we do good business in January. If we were to get say, Soldado, and Nathan Dyer, I think we could perhaps finish higher. Doubt we'll get Soldado, but it'd be great if we did.

Soldado is a pretty outside chance, but if Liverpool can move players, they have to give it a shot, would be a brilliant signing, still need more than that to push up though. Even with him i'd probably put you behind Arsenal and Spurs, and arguably Everton. Certinaly still behind Chelsea and the Manchester clubs. Cavani is a no, he can go literally anywhere he wants, and the club does not have 40m plus his wages.

I would not call him one of the best all round players in the world.

one of the best all round attackers in the world... he scores, he creates chances, he assists.. he may be very controversial, but his talent is undeniable

one of the best all round attackers in the world... he scores, he creates chances, he assists.. he may be very controversial, but his talent is undeniable

Talk about jumping the gun. He's had a great start to the season, but he's still relatively wasteful, and hasnt been doing this (2.5 months) anywhere near long enough to put him into the same kind of bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Van Persie, Ibrahimovic (among others etc). This is like when Spurs fans started calling Bale world class. Thats not to say he isnt an excellent player, he is. But lets see him deliver like this for at least a whole season before we start calling him one of the best.

Last edited:
Talk about jumping the gun. He's had a great start to the season, but he's still relatively wasteful, and hasnt been doing this (2.5 months) anywhere near long enough to put him into the same kind of bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Rooney, Falcao, Cavani, Van Persie, Ibrahimovic (among others etc). This is like when Spurs fans started calling Bale world class. Thats not to say he isnt an excellent player, he is. But lets see him deliver like this for at least a whole season before we start calling him one of the best.

Tbf if he keeps up the form he has been doing of late with this squad, he deserves a knight hood.

Tbf if he keeps up the form he has been doing of late with this squad, he deserves a knight hood.

Don't get me wrong I certainly think he has the ability, I'm looking to see him deliver it consistently over a season+ like the aforementioned players. For me that's what sets those guys apart.

Back