The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Should probably put signing Cavani to bed. Unless you have 40 million, plus wages.

yes i very much agree its unlikely, almost impossible

but im more making the point of one striker and i believe our starting XI is as good as Napoli and i would argue not far off Atletico

yes i very much agree its unlikely, almost impossible

but im more making the point of one striker and i believe our starting XI is as good as Napoli and i would argue not far off Atletico

Its not that close to Napoli and certainly not near Atletico

Napoli's side is not that great.. You take away Cavani and the team falls apart.. Still a lot of big names in there but no real attacking threat, just a lot of players who can pass the ball. Take Falcao away from Atletico and you have nothing.. No big names, no players that will put fear into the opponent.

I know the same could be said about Suarez but my point is, they are not top sides, they are above average sides with one world-class player who they will eventually lose because they cannot compete in their domestic league/ the Champions League.

Take away Cavani, you still Hamsik and Pandev, and then long range firepower in Inler. They are more than above average sides. as for compete, Napoli finished 5th last year, 2nd the year before and are currently 3rd. Atletico have won the europa league twice in the last 3 years, and finally having stability under Simeone, are playing like CL spot contenders. Liverpool arent even playing close to either of those.

Napoli's side is not that great.. You take away Cavani and the team falls apart.. Still a lot of big names in there but no real attacking threat, just a lot of players who can pass the ball. Take Falcao away from Atletico and you have nothing.. No big names, no players that will put fear into the opponent.

I... what?

Have you ever seen Marek Hamsik play? Goran Pandev? Gokhan Inler? Christian Maggio? A rejuvenated Valon Behrami? How about Arda Turan? Adrian? Diego Costa? Emre Belozoglu?

I know the same could be said about Suarez but my point is, they are not top sides, they are above average sides with one world-class player who they will eventually lose because they cannot compete in their domestic league/ the Champions League.

Except they ARE competing. Napoli got knocked out of the CL last year by the eventual winners, and both teams aren't just challenging but are in 2nd place in their respective leagues. Certainly more than can be said for Liverpool. Oh, and anyone who says Marek Hamsik isn't world class is a flat-out fool.

Its not that close to Napoli and certainly not near Atletico

Take Cavani from Napoli and they are no way near the team they are, Starting 11 wise, id rather have Liverpools..

Atletico Madrid, yes are better but not by a long way if again we're only taking into account starting 11's

Take Cavani from Napoli and they are no way near the team they are, Starting 11 wise, id rather have Liverpools..

Atletico Madrid, yes are better but not by a long way if again we're only taking into account starting 11's

Take away Suarez and Liverpool are up **** creek. They still have a better overall 11.

Last edited:
I... what?

Have you ever seen Marek Hamsik play? Goran Pandev? Gokhan Inler? Christian Maggio? A rejuvenated Valon Behrami? How about Arda Turan? Adrian? Diego Costa? Emre Belozoglu?

Except they ARE competing. Napoli got knocked out of the CL last year by the eventual winners, and both teams aren't just challenging but are in 2nd place in their respective leagues. Certainly more than can be said for Liverpool. Oh, and anyone who says Marek Hamsik isn't world class is a flat-out fool.

I didnt think anyone had to point out Hamsik...

Take away Suarez and Liverpool are up **** creek. They still have a better overall 11.

Hence the original point, about us buying a striker

if a striker is brought and a good one, i know which starting 11 id rather have, and i wouldnt give it a second thought, its the 'squad' that lets Liverpool down eveytime, no cover if someone gets banned or injured

Hence the original point, about us buying a striker

if a striker is brought and a good one, i know which starting 11 id rather have, and i wouldnt give it a second thought, its the 'squad' that lets Liverpool down eveytime, no cover if someone gets banned or injured

The same comparison could be said of Napoli, if they got another good striker, they'd still be a better overall side.

Napoli without Cavani are still a good side.

Liverpool without Suarez are lower mid table (lower than now anyway)

I think some of the Liverpool fans need to take off the rose tinted glasses somewhat. From what I have seen this season, Liverpool have added good players, especially Allen who I believe to be a cracking player, but we have also seen a few of the club's biggest stars decline. You can't possibly compare the side to Atletico or Napoli, who have a stronger understanding as a unit and have the superior players.

I think some of the Liverpool fans need to take off the rose tinted glasses somewhat. From what I have seen this season, Liverpool have added good players, especially Allen who I believe to be a cracking player, but we have also seen a few of the club's biggest stars decline. You can't possibly compare the side to Atletico or Napoli, who have a stronger understanding as a unit and have the superior players.

We have an extremely small squad, only 1 striker fit, and our key key player in the formation Lucas has been injured...

we have been playing well, but cannot finish on a chance for toffee, only seems suarez has to create a chance for himself to score!

but IF we have a fully fit starting line up, and sign another striker, i dont think we'll be as bad as what people are saying.. small things but will have a massive impact

Sahin is on loan, Gerrard is 80 years old, Reina has been awful last 2 years, you have no backup squad whatsoever, how's that anywhere near Napoli?

Attacking Line up for today!

Reina
Wisdom - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson
Gerrard - Allen
Suso
Sterling - Suarez - Assaidi

seems agger is fit, which is surprising!

Headlines in all of the back pages tomorrow: Brad Jones dropped because he's rubbish.

Yay, Saurez.. Every time he scores I literally jump with joy (not camp at all -.-) Can't wait to watch match of the day tonight! Even if it was only a home game against Wigan....

Everyone needs to stop being mean to Liverpool.. We have the youngest squad in the league!

Don't be stupid, we beat Wigan 3-0 today.. We're going to win the league! :D

Last edited:
Yay, Saurez.. Every time he scores I literally jump with joy (not camp at all -.-) Can't wait to watch match of the day tonight! Even if it was only a home game against Wigan....

Don't be stupid, we beat Wigan 3-0 today.. We're going to win the league! :D

After ending my playing of CoD I thought I'd escaped the worst of the campers :P

After ending my playing of CoD I thought I'd escaped the worst of the campers :P

CoD?! Do people still play that? Next you'll be telling me people are still playing World of Warcraft! ;)

Back