The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It's a lot harder when all the mentioned above play for a lot better teams, he does everything himself and is still keeping up with most... Not to forgot he was the top scorer on the planet at Ajax a few years back... Lower standard granted. But right now there is not many playing better than him

It's a lot harder when all the mentioned above play for a lot better teams, he does everything himself and is still keeping up with most... Not to forgot he was the top scorer on the planet at Ajax a few years back... Lower standard granted. But right now there is not many playing better than him

Kezman and Afonso Alves once destroyed the Eredivise... Difference in teams aside, he has only just really started peforming at this level. Like I said, lets actually see him be consistently at this level over a season or two. There are not too many players better I agree, but they happen to be those players who I mentioned earlier (and more), and that's the difference between excellent and "world class".

10 prem goals this year, more than RVP et al begs to differ :p true, he has missed a fair few chances, which makes it sound frightening the amount he could have had

Yeah, but he takes far more shots than anyone else, thats why. For the number of shots he takes he isnt a top finisher.

Yeah, but he takes far more shots than anyone else, thats why. For the number of shots he takes he isnt a top finisher.

Agreed, but to be fair to him, it's not like anyone else is going to be taking those shots. He takes the shots because Liverpool have pretty much nobody else than can be relied on to score consistently, what with Borini's injury.

Suarez isn't a world class forward like Falcao, Rooney, Cavani, Aguero or Benteke, he's in the bracket just below along with players like Huntelaar, Gomez, Klose, Lewandowski and so on. Players who, for reasons like being flat-track bullies (Gomez), being one-dimensional (Huntelaar), age (Klose) or just having to show the same kind of form for longer than they have already. Still, if he keeps this up, he'll be one **** of an asset.

EDIT: Or, come to think of it, probably sold.

Agreed, but to be fair to him, it's not like anyone else is going to be taking those shots. He takes the shots because Liverpool have pretty much nobody else than can be relied on to score consistently, what with Borini's injury.

Suarez isn't a world class forward like Falcao, Rooney, Cavani, Aguero or Benteke, he's in the bracket just below along with players like Huntelaar, Gomez, Klose, Lewandowski and so on. Players who, for reasons like being flat-track bullies (Gomez), being one-dimensional (Huntelaar), age (Klose) or just having to show the same kind of form for longer than they have already. Still, if he keeps this up, he'll be one **** of an asset.

EDIT: Or, come to think of it, probably sold.

I love how you snuck Benteke in there. But yeah I'm not for one second saying he isn't a brilliant player, but he isnt there. Yet.

I love how you snuck Benteke in there. But yeah I'm not for one second saying he isn't a brilliant player, but he isnt there. Yet.

Are you suggesting Benteke isn't a world class player? He'd pwn Messi at basketball.

Seriously hope these Sturridge for 15m rumours are not true, thats depressing.

Are you suggesting Benteke isn't a world class player? He'd pwn Messi at basketball.

Saw him when i went Villa, United... absolute unit.. played brilliant.

I agree he isn't exactly clinical, but he scores the goals, and that's what matters. The thing is, he can create a lot of openings for himself and for the team, as well as put them away (although, again, he isn't as good a finisher as the likes of RVP, but he is still decent), that's why he's so valuable to us. I'd class him as a good goalscorer, rather than a clinical finisher!

Suarez isn't a world class forward like Falcao, Rooney, Cavani, Aguero or Benteke, he's in the bracket just below along with players like Huntelaar, Gomez, Klose, Lewandowski and so on.
Benteke? Seems legit.

I agree he isn't exactly clinical, but he scores the goals, and that's what matters. The thing is, he can create a lot of openings for himself and for the team, as well as put them away (although, again, he isn't as good a finisher as the likes of RVP, but he is still decent), that's why he's so valuable to us. I'd class him as a good goalscorer, rather than a clinical finisher!

Benteke? Seems legit.

Sarcastic.. Villa fan

Suarez isn't a world class forward like Falcao, Rooney, Cavani, Aguero or Benteke, he's in the bracket just below along with players like Huntelaar, Gomez, Klose, Lewandowski and so on.

You lost any integrity when you mentioned world class forwards without mentioning Shola Ameobi. Also, Gomez > Rooney.

I wouldnt class Rooney as a world class striker. But as a world class CAM. Wouldnt be suprised if he ends up doing what Scholes did and moving to center mid as he gets older

You lost any integrity when you mentioned world class forwards without mentioning Shola Ameobi. Also, Gomez > Rooney.

I don't rate Rooney as highly as most people as a forward, he's much better playing as more of an attacking midfielder sitting behind the forwards. He's only had two good goal scoring seasons with United and a lot of his goals do tend to come from dead-ball situations.

I don't rate Rooney as highly as most people as a forward, he's much better playing as more of an attacking midfielder sitting behind the forwards. He's only had two good goal scoring seasons with United and a lot of his goals do tend to come from dead-ball situations.

Incidentally, those are the only 2 seasons where he spent the whole time as a forward.

what if Rafa benitezf went to Chelski how would the liverpool fans react even for 6 months. I think he wont be liverpool manager again.

rooney is best played as a striker for me, he seems to be moving towards midifield, but he shouldnt do that till he gets older.

also he needs to sort this first touch of a rapist hes been having for the last 6months.

Benteke is fantastic. Like a modern day Heskey!

what if Rafa benitezf went to Chelski how would the liverpool fans react even for 6 months. I think he wont be liverpool manager again.

Personally don't care that much.. Just feel sorry for him that he would consider suffering the **** rape that comes with working under Abramovich.

I wouldn't hold anything against him, he clearly has been trying to get the liverpool job and he wants to stay in England with a decent sized club, so there aren't many opportunities.

But I'd actually be surprised if he took the job, as from his time at liverpool you can see he likes to have long term plans set out with the owners and you can't trust Abramovic to think long term, also some papers are suggesting that even he would just be given a temporary job until they could get guardiola, and he certainly wouldn't be happy with that. Basically I just think that he wouldn't trust abramovic enough.

I guess I was wrong.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20427966

Last edited:
Back