The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Impressed with Hendo so far, his work rate has been brilliant, pressing and won the ball back alot today

Gerrard although he has played some very good forward balls, these little flicks in dangerous are not like him!

Really? quite an even match, with us having the more clear cut chances :S

We played well towards the end of the half but I still think Swansea have just about edged it overall. Pablo Hernandez is absolutely sublime and would walk into quite a few top half sides imo. Enrique has played well but has the grace of an elephant, while Downing has been a bit quiet (albeit he is out of position). We've done well considering Swansea's quality. :)

Last edited:
We played well towards the end of the half but I still think Swansea have just about edged it overall. Pablo Hernandez is absolutely sublime and would walk into quite a few top half sides imo. Enrique has played well but has the grace of an elephant, while Downing has been a bit quiet (albeit he is out of position). We've done well considering Swansea's quality. :)

It was definatley tight, but i think we had the better opportunities..

Pablo Hernandez on his day is brilliant, but he is inconsistant!

Downing. Well, its downing no matter where you play him.. Enrique gives us pace and power on the wing, even if he has the grace of an elephant

It was definatley tight, but i think we had the better opportunities..

Pablo Hernandez on his day is brilliant, but he is inconsistant!

Downing. Well, its downing no matter where you play him.. Enrique gives us pace and power on the wing, even if he has the grace of an elephant

Agreed with Downing, oddly enough I prefer him there to Jack Robinson. Henderson like you said has also played well, not just work rate but his passing has been sharp and incisive too.

Good result for Liverpool, we were unfortunate to score at times but so were Swansea.

one match closer to January, one match were we weren't embarrassed. So a good day. Downing's still shocking.

Decent point, Liberty hard place to go

Could have won the game with the chances we had, but overall a fair result.

Seriously cant stress how important January is to us!

Can't wait for Brodgers to **** Downing off. We badly need a left and right winger to alleiviate pressure from Sterling, as well as another left back for cover to Enrique.

Agreed RTW, can't wait until Lucas is fully fit and ready to play. A midfield three of Lucas, Sahin and Allen is very appealing.

Gerrard was shocking, he shouldn't be starting ever match when he's so anonymous

you see people are saying that yet he created the most chances on the pitch..

without Gerrard there is not one person playing those adventurous forward balls meaning we still play backwards and sideways, and dont penetrate .. you can pick out a few world class balls today that gave us a brilliant chance

until we have someone who can do what Gerrard does we cannot afford to drop him

EDIT:

Most passes in the game today were from Stevie G - 80 (89% accurate)

No creativity from Suarez today - Stevie G dominated with 6 chances created. Enrique & Johnson created 2 each.

Via Anfield Index

Last edited:
Agreed RTW, can't wait until Lucas is fully fit and ready to play. A midfield three of Lucas, Sahin and Allen is very appealing.

It's a midfield with literally no attacking prowess.. We score very few goals as it is!

True, yet I think it would better than a midfield three of Gerrard, Allen and Henderson.

Gerrard makes far too many unforced errors for my liking, he's often the reason why we conceed goals.

Gerrard makes far too many unforced errors for my liking, he's often the reason why we conceed goals.

Okay, so he sometimes gives the ball away.. now what about the attack that already hardly scores.. now will score even less?

Lucas sits in front of the back four, Joe Allen and Sahin then push up in support of Suarez and the two wide men. I'd much rather have a team that relies on patient build up than Gerrard who constantly tries awful "hollywood" passes and loses possession in the middle of the pitch. It really is frustrating to watch, especially since Gerrard doesn't have the ability or intelligence to adapt either.

Lucas sits in front of the back four, Joe Allen and Sahin then push up in support of Suarez and the two wide men. I'd much rather have a team that relies on patient build up than Gerrard who constantly tries awful "hollywood" passes and loses possession in the middle of the pitch. It really is frustrating to watch, especially since Gerrard doesn't have the ability or intelligence to adapt either.

you are seriously underestimating how much that midfield has no attacking prowess at all .. Lucas sits deep.. Allen Likes to sit deep, and Sahin also likes to sit deep and start the play

you keep on saying this thing about Gerrard giving the ball away all the time and trying hollywood balls?

He created 4 more chances than anyone on the pitch yesterday and passed the ball more times than anyone on the pitch with 89% accuracy so the stats go against what you say?

you are seriously underestimating how much that midfield has no attacking prowess at all .. Lucas sits deep.. Allen Likes to sit deep, and Sahin also likes to sit deep and start the play

you keep on saying this thing about Gerrard giving the ball away all the time and trying hollywood balls?

He created 4 more chances than anyone on the pitch yesterday and passed the ball more times than anyone on the pitch with 89% accuracy so the stats go against what you say?

Agreed. You people thinking Liverpool are better off without Gerrard seriously need to look at yourselves. I wouldn't have anyone other than him in my midfield. Those long balls he plays are just fantastic. He sometimes gives possession away, but that's a part of playing football. If you don't take risks, you don't make chances, you don't score goals, and thus, you never win the league title.

Can't wait till January, we desperately need to strengthen our squad. Been looking at the fixture list and after Spurs it's quite easy (not really easy) I reckon we had Southampton, Stoke and Sunderland somewhere in there. We'll need to exploit Southampton's defensive weaknesses and make them pay. It's a crowded fixture list, but if we are in the top half (top 8 preferably) come January, it's a good season ahead (assuming there isn't another transfer window embarrassment)

Get behind the team

Back