The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Gareth Bale is simply ripping us apart...

first 15 minutes really have shown the gulf of class between the two teams so far

predictable and spineless, can't defend, can't attack.

We need to buy 3,4 players. But we won't. We'll sign 1,2 and they won't be expensive, nor good. it's the Liverpool way.

Not Rodgers' or FSG's fault, but for the poor signings of Dalglish (as well as the Fair Play Rules) I'm sure plenty of money would be spent on players. We definitely need a stronger spine though, maybe we should go after Mulumbu and Diamé?

Not Rodgers' or FSG's fault, but for the poor signings of Dalglish (as well as the Fair Play Rules) I'm sure plenty of money would be spent on players. We definitely need a stronger spine though, maybe we should go after Mulumbu and Diamé?
partially FSG's faultv i.e deadline day fiasco. And Rodgers, poor tactics/team today. But no to Diame and Mulumbu, not what we need badly.

partially FSG's faultv i.e deadline day fiasco. And Rodgers, poor tactics/team today. But no to Diame and Mulumbu, not what we need badly.

I agree a bit with the fiasco, but we could do with Diame/Mulumbu as cover for Lucas maybe? Or am I overestimating their ability a bit?

their is nobody in the midfield with a engine i wouldnt be surprised if rodgers went after wanyama only thing is the lads passing isnt great....surely darran bent is worth a enquiry is he

Mostly Daglish's fault re off the pitch. The lack of money this window directly stems from the huge amount spent, and largely wasted under him.

their is nobody in the midfield with a engine i wouldnt be surprised if rodgers went after wanyama only thing is the lads passing isnt great....surely darran bent is worth a enquiry is he
Wanyama would be behind Lucas. He's a good player, but i'd rather focus on necessities like wingers/strikers/left back

We need cover for defensive midfield positions and left back. Hopefully Assaidi can adapt to the league, and Borini can come back in order to boost our attacking capabilities. Sterling is good, but I don't want him to burn out too early in his career.

watching MoTD looks like we actually played alright, AVB admitted a draw would have been a fair result, and looked like we were unlucky to lose and had quite a few chances missed again.
Their 1st goal I think skrtel could of done a bit better to put bale off whilst he was crossing but downing was just ***** at the far post.
2nd was never a free kick but no idea what reina was doing.
Have to say tho that neither of our penalty shouts were pens.
But another quite good performance and i honestly think 2 or 3 good singings would put us within touching distance of top 4.

I think we'll beat Southampton, they have been on a good run of form however their attacking, gung ho style might just play into our hands.

I beg to differ, Southampton play serious attacking football and they will grind a mistake out of our not-so-composed team.
Just my pessimistic view though, I decided that since optimism hasn't served me well for Liverpool, I'd be pessimistic this season. Not going so well as far as results are concerned although the performances have been good.

Brendan should be given time, we're heading in the right direction. 4 hours till the match, I hope Lucas makes an appearance here.

With Lucas, it'd be something like a 4-5-1

Back 4, then 1 anchor man/ deep lying playmaker - defend (Lucas will play here)
then 2 CM's. 1 will be advanced playmaker - support (gerrard/sahin role) and the other will be deep lying playmaker support (allen or sahin role.) In our midfield, Sahin can pretty much play every role. Then we have 2 wingers and our 1 trequartista which is a role only our beloved Suarez can play.

Suarez is priceless, 40million is nothing. We can't sell him no matter what. He is a special player, and any side in the world would have him (only considering his performances, not his disciplinary streak). Only Messi plays something like him. There is nobody in the world other than him who can nutmeg defenders week-in, week-out and show such extraordinary flair.

Anfield Index ‏@AnfieldIndex

AnfieldIndex Man of the Match: @LucasLeiva87 Tackles Won: 7/8 (88%) Aerial Duels: 4/4 (100%) Passes: 88 (most) 86% accurate #fb

We're so better with lucas. I think that tackling stat is wrong though, he gave away atleast 3 fouls today.

Anyone else notice that MOTD didn't show the bale dive? Didn't think they would..

Bale dived again today, so you'll have another opportunity to see one.

Bale dived again today, so you'll have another opportunity to see one.

Along with Suarez's Maradonna impression today

Seriously, how many times does he have to something that he knows will get noticed and make him get in the papers for the wrong reasons. He showed some touches of outstanding ability today and he does that. He's a great player and needs to stop this

Along with Suarez's Maradonna impression today

Seriously, how many times does he have to something that he knows will get noticed and make him get in the papers for the wrong reasons. He showed some touches of outstanding ability today and he does that. He's a great player and needs to stop this

I think he secretly wants the attention but when it comes out acts like he doesn't.

I think he secretly wants the attention but when it comes out acts like he doesn't.

Just drives me mad sometimes. In the derby he stayed on his feet and ripped us apart without playacting or doing anything stupid (except perhaps that celebration in front of our bench). He knows he's a tremondous player but he's now got himself tarnished as demonstrated by not getting some pen decisions, or not getting potential free kicks.

Back