The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Along with Suarez's Maradonna impression today

Seriously, how many times does he have to something that he knows will get noticed and make him get in the papers for the wrong reasons. He showed some touches of outstanding ability today and he does that. He's a great player and needs to stop this

i fully agree there was no need. However, people will concentrate on this rather than anything purely because of the person involved..

Im sorry but for all the Criticism Suarez is getting its shocking Bale will probably go unnoticed again, he dives more than Suarez this season..

Brilliant player but why dive? and that applys to Suarez aswell

i fully agree there was no need. However, people will concentrate on this rather than anything purely because of the person involved..

Im sorry but for all the Criticism Suarez is getting its shocking Bale will probably go unnoticed again, he dives more than Suarez this season..

Brilliant player but why dive? and that applys to Suarez aswell

Agree about Bale too btw. Though I'm going to admit I've not seen the Spurs game as of yet. But yes-both need to sort it out pretty much. Great players with great talent-no need.

Past few games Suarez has stopped diving. Or at least reduced. Now he is just complaining (still better)

Anyhow Suarez is suspended for our trip to West Ham as he picked up his 5th yellow card. So who the **** do we play as our striker? Samed Yesil? Adam Morgan? or Jonjo Shelvey as false nine.

Shelvey played the false nine in our Europa League draw with Young Boys and it worked quite well. Let's see what Rodgers decides. Yesil/Morgan will be bullied by West Ham's physical game so Jonjo Shelvey seems the most sensible option.

We looked much better with Lucas. As promised, Allen was pushed higher up the pitch and Gerrard is now also comfortable on the ball.

Just drives me mad sometimes. In the derby he stayed on his feet and ripped us apart without playacting or doing anything stupid (except perhaps that celebration in front of our bench). He knows he's a tremondous player but he's now got himself tarnished as demonstrated by not getting some pen decisions, or not getting potential free kicks.

He's frustrated easily. He went 80 minutes of domination without getting a goal when he tried to punch it in. It's just down to pure frustration. Like when he almost broke Distins ankle he was frustrated because we were 2-0 up before conceding two goals. I'd rather he did silly thing like that rather than punch or grab people by the neck.

Shelvey in the false 9 seems the best option... both for Physical reasons and to perhaps dominate the midfield area of West Ham.. as Diame is a key player for them..

Possible Line up:

Reina
Glen - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas
Allen - Sahin
Gerrard
Sterling - Shelvey

either a narrow diamond or similar to what we played today, but it will be a hard game,

However West Ham rely alot on Physical presence and knock downs from Up front, confident with Agger and Skrtel we can win the majority of long balls

Agree in principle, but I've seen that dives stat before and I'm not sure. It's incredibly subjective. For example, against Villa he sort of went over Guzan's foot even though it didn't touch him, and rightly wasn't given anything. He didn't even appeal, and it looked like he could have been trying to just get out of the way. Is that a dive? Was it recorded as such? Dodgy stat.

Still reckon Ashley Young takes it on the good ol' dives per minute stat.

Agree in principle, but I've seen that dives stat before and I'm not sure. It's incredibly subjective. For example, against Villa he sort of went over Guzan's foot even though it didn't touch him, and rightly wasn't given anything. He didn't even appeal, and it looked like he could have been trying to just get out of the way. Is that a dive? Was it recorded as such? Dodgy stat.

Still reckon Ashley Young takes it on the good ol' dives per minute stat.

Agreed.. definitely a grey area on the stats front.

However all three would be so much better thought of if they got rid of it from their game..

Seemed someone has had a word with Suarez recently though

Top of the group then. Fun fun.

Props to Brendan, first time in europe, with a deflated squad too, and we end up finishing top.

Get four or so in, in January, sell Downing and we're cool. Nathan Dyer and another winger, a quality left back and striker please.

Glad we're through, and glad we did it without using too many of our first team. Really need to make it to the next round to help our coefficient for when (if?) we make it back to the Champions League. Don't want to end up in a group of death like Manchester City.

Can't believe we ended up top of the group. Hats off to the lads. A solid win with a team of youths/backups.

Anyone else **** a brick when Di Natale had that chance at the end?

Hopefully we can avoid Atletico for the round of 32. Maybe Leverkusen, or Gladbach instead.

Glad we're through, and glad we did it without using too many of our first team. Really need to make it to the next round to help our coefficient for when (if?) we make it back to the Champions League. Don't want to end up in a group of death like Manchester City.

You need a really good run, your last good co-efficient is about to disappear for the next set of calculations if I remember right. Think you could be 3rd seeds otherwise.

Can't believe we ended up top of the group. Hats off to the lads. A solid win with a team of youths/backups.

Anyone else **** a brick when Di Natale had that chance at the end?
I threw coffee all over my room when he got on the end of that ball, I was sure it was going in.
That cheeky little smile on his face right after too.

You need a really good run, your last good co-efficient is about to disappear for the next set of calculations if I remember right. Think you could be 3rd seeds otherwise.

Id take bottom seeds if it meant Champions League football again

I'd take city's group if it meant champions league football.

I think we can all agree that we really really really want champions league football again. Europa league doesn't give you that special feeling until you're in the final 16/quarters really.

Quitely confident today,

Our form has been improving, Lucas back is massive to us and I believe Agger and Skrtel can cope with the aerial threat West Ham possess

Even though Suarez is out, think we have a good chance today!

Can we talk about Glen Johnson?

Is he now the best right back in England this year? I've been hella impressed this season.

Glad to be seeing Lucas back, he adds shape and defensive solidarity to our midfield. In regards to Glen Johnson, he has been in good form and in my opinion is solid defensively (mostly atleast) while offering an attacking threat down the right with his link up play.

Back