The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Can't remember the last time we managed to scrape a victory, it's a very satisfying feeling!

So many rumours its quite funny

Sturridge, Michu, Walcott, Diame, Ba just to name a few!

Ew, no to all (apart from Walcott if he's veryyyy cheap).. Personally would like to see Rodgers buy players from other leagues. Staying away from Michu, Ba, & Sturridge is massively important. And as for us being interested in Diame is total nonsense, if we wanted him we would have him already.

We were going to sign Diame if Kenny had stayed. True story.

He had a good game today, and we could do with some steel in there, but honestly I don't see where he would fit in. Gerrard and Allen seem undroppable, and Lucas is amazing. Then we have Sahin and Shelvey, too.

for ages now it's been a case of 'one week closer to January', and we're very close now, and in a relatively healthy position on 22 points, not far off the top part of the league. I trust in Brendan to sign us some quality, he knows what he's doing. His subs today shown that. Just hope we get money to spend we need.

Diame as quality cover for Lucas. You simply dont have another player like him, and given how important he is, Diame makes sense.

Can't remember the last time we managed to scrape a victory, it's a very satisfying feeling!

Ew, no to all (apart from Walcott if he's veryyyy cheap).. Personally would like to see Rodgers buy players from other leagues. Staying away from Michu, Ba, & Sturridge is massively important. And as for us being interested in Diame is total nonsense, if we wanted him we would have him already.

Not a fan of Sturridge and Michu because he has done well at Swansea does not mean he can reproduce it at LFC

Walcott, Diame or Ba however i would not mind

But its rumours, gets the fans talking but 90% of it wont be true

Diame as quality cover for Lucas. You simply dont have another player like him, and given how important he is, Diame makes sense.

Of course, there can only be one of three reasons why didn't join us in the Summer:

1) West Ham offered more money
2) West Ham offered first team football/ We didn't offer him that
3) There was no genuine interest from us

No doubt, he is a good PL player though, one I'd welcome to Anfield any day.

It does make sense for Liverpool, but does it make sense for Diame? He's proven to be a very good player in the Premier League, and he could easily walk into most midfields in the league. Not saying he would be unwilling to fight for a place, but considering there are several clubs looking for quality midfielders he could be looking to move elsewhere.

It does make sense for Liverpool, but does it make sense for Diame? He's proven to be a very good player in the Premier League, and he could easily walk into most midfields in the league. Not saying he would be unwilling to fight for a place, but considering there are several clubs looking for quality midfielders he could be looking to move elsewhere.

Yeah I was talking from a Liverpool point. But I see why he might not, though he was apparently keen. He should be playing week in an out. His injury allowed Liverpool back in, hear its quite a bad one too. 3 months.

Yeah I was talking from a Liverpool point. But I see why he might not, though he was apparently keen. He should be playing week in an out. His injury allowed Liverpool back in, hear its quite a bad one too. 3 months.

Yeah, did his hamstring, 10-12 weeks. Pity really, probably West Ham's best player atm, bar none.

Just realised we scored 3 goals in a game in which Suarez was suspended. Yay Liverpool (:

Villa and Fulham home before Christmas, win those and we could be ahead of the next six teams. Mad that. Could be in the top 4 for christmas...long shot, but possibly. Shows how close the league is.

Yeah, did his hamstring, 10-12 weeks. Pity really, probably West Ham's best player atm, bar none.

At least it might stop teams trying to activate his £3.5m release clause.

Villa and Fulham home before Christmas, win those and we could be ahead of the next six teams. Mad that. Could be in the top 4 for christmas...long shot, but possibly. Shows how close the league is.

Certainly a long shot. Fulham are a very tough side nowadays, and Villa seem to play up (or down) to the standard of their opposition.

At least it might stop teams trying to activate his £3.5m release clause.

Allegedly.

If Sturridge is on his way to Liverpool I wish him all the best. I really like hi and I think he should be given more chances at Chelsea. He proved last season he can score quite a few when he was playing regular at RW.

Back