The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
If Sturridge is on his way to Liverpool I wish him all the best. I really like hi and I think he should be given more chances at Chelsea. He proved last season he can score quite a few when he was playing regular at RW.

He's determined to be a central striker though, and he's not quite good enough to be our first choice. Whilst Fernando's around, he's going to be playing pretty much every game he's fit for, leaving Danny confined to the bench.

Although **** knows what Rodgers will do with him, probably play him at right back. I'm still mystified why he would buy an amazing but massively limited poacher, bring him into a squad with a creative talent who's good with his tricks but less so with his finishing, then chuck the poacher on the wing and the creator in the sole striker spot. Weird. Makes me wonder if Sturridge will actually get what he wants at Liverpool as well, seeing as they basically have to play Borini as a central striker if they want to get anything out of him IMO. I know he's injured atm, but he's not going to stay out forever and then what? Sturridge gets booted back to the wings? Yeah, he'll love that...

Suarez will probably play wide, but rotate with Sturridge positionally when attacking. I'd imagine that Sturridge would thrive from the space created by Suarez's movement, but that is taking into account whether or not he'll even go to Liverpool.

If Sturridge is on his way to Liverpool I wish him all the best. I really like hi and I think he should be given more chances at Chelsea. He proved last season he can score quite a few when he was playing regular at RW.

Always been a fan but he is a bit greedy. Maybe it's his age?

He's 23, I'd agree with he was still 18/19 but he should have changed his mentality by now if it was just doing to him being young.
I honestly hope we don't sign him, he'll just end up on the wings where he'll not want to be and it'll cause issues.

Some rumours that we'll be signing 4 players

Sturridge and Ince completed more or less... 12Mil .. and 4mil ( as we have that 35% clause )

Then rumours of one or two in on loan aswell

will be interesting

I honestly don't see Chelsea letting go of Sturridge unless we have a striker lined up in January. If it's any one of Falcao/Cavani/Llorente/Doumbia, I will drive Sturridge to Liverpool myself

As regards a piece in today's paper, Comolli and Dalglish were asked if they wanted to go for Gotze. They said Henderson was the priority.

#LFC went for Downing & Henderson rather than making moves for Gotze and Mata

Both Via Rory Smith Times.

Nice one Comolli/Dalglish!

You wouldn't have gotten either anyway so it doesn't really matter. :)

I'd have taken a Mars bar if it meant getting rid of Adam. Atrocious player but I wish him well at Stoke.

TBF, we actually got a good chunk of the fee back for Adam, could have been much, much worse.

Some rumours that we'll be signing 4 players

Sturridge and Ince completed more or less... 12Mil .. and 4mil ( as we have that 35% clause )

Then rumours of one or two in on loan aswell

will be interesting

Says who? Nothing is ever completed until it's officially announced.. Especially when Liverpool are involved.

£4m for Ince.. Could have been worse. Personally don't think we will sign Sturridge, at least not for such a high fee, not to mention the fact his wages are ridiculous for somebody so young.

As regards a piece in today's paper, Comolli and Dalglish were asked if they wanted to go for Gotze. They said Henderson was the priority.

I'm sorry but do you seriously believe everything you read in the newspapers? :/

I do remember Liverpool being heavily linked with Juan Mata. Worst thing is that there was hardly much competition for his signature, only Arsenal and Liverpool showed any concrete interest before Chelsea swooped in and completed the deal.

World-Class Player though so forgive me if I dont sympathize with you lol

TBF, we actually got a good chunk of the fee back for Adam, could have been much, much worse.

Says who? Nothing is ever completed until it's officially announced.. Especially when Liverpool are involved.

£4m for Ince.. Could have been worse. Personally don't think we will sign Sturridge, at least not for such a high fee, not to mention the fact his wages are ridiculous for somebody so young.

I'm sorry but do you seriously believe everything you read in the newspapers? :/

Ive said this so many times, I post what I see seeing as its a Liverpool thread.

don't mean I believe it or its true but just thought it would be of interest to most on here

I do remember Liverpool being heavily linked with Juan Mata. Worst thing is that there was hardly much competition for his signature, only Arsenal and Liverpool showed any concrete interest before Chelsea swooped in and completed the deal.

World-Class Player though so forgive me if I dont sympathize with you lol

Liverpool were in for Mata, think his agent confirmed that, but then Arsenal got involved and were favourites, but then their board made a hash of it and he went to Chelsea.

Liverpool were in for Mata, think his agent confirmed that, but then Arsenal got involved and were favourites, but then their board made a hash of it and he went to Chelsea.

A Mata-RVP combo would have been deadly...

Ive said this so many times, I post what I see seeing as its a Liverpool thread.

don't mean I believe it or its true but just thought it would be of interest to most on here

Indeed. Sorry, I just read your posts as if you are saying it with conviction.. :P

Rodgers said he is targeting a top 2 finish THIS SEASON...

what a way to put pressure on yourself!

we are improving but seriously?

Back