The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Rodgers said he is targeting a top 2 finish THIS SEASON...

what a way to put pressure on yourself!

we are improving but seriously?

yeah i have just read that on sky spos news app, top 4 would be more realistic and even that may be beyond liverpool if depending on who they bring in in january

Rodgers said he is targeting a top 2 finish THIS SEASON...

what a way to put pressure on yourself!

we are improving but seriously?

He never said that, media just trying to make a story. All he said was that we are 11 points off 2nd place.

"For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly so you need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute."
That's what he said, hardly saying he wants second.

"For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly so you need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute."
That's what he said, hardly saying he wants second.
he is aiming for top 4, but not top 2.

Think top 4 might be beyond them in all fairness

I personally thing we;re looking at top 7.. top 4 wont happen IMO, as much as Id love it lol. Just some how cant see it. and the top 2 news is news to me all I can say is.. no chance.

he is aiming for top 4, but not top 2.

Think top 4 might be beyond them in all fairness

Must admit I'd love it if we did get top 4 but I don't see it happening, our current form might be great but I don't see it staying like it unless we make some big moves in Jan.
One or two injuries could really ruin us, Borini being out has already shown how short we are upfront.

^ yes, if for an example suarez was to be injured we;d be lucky to make top 10

^ yes, if for an example suarez was to be injured we;d be lucky to make top 10

Not enough depth in the right areas. Liverpool need to be very careful they dont burn Suarez out, because there isnt enough coming from other areas of the pitch if he gets injured.

with useful additions out wide and up front we can become stronger upfront and hopefully get rid of this profligacy and score more goals meaning a realistic chance of a run up the table. im not suggesting top 2, but top 4 could certainly seem realistic if we can get full value from our next few games against what many would consider middle to lower table teams.

Fair enough, in all honesty I did not hear the actual interview, just read BBC

does makes sense that he did not say it!

All I read about on this thread is negative negative negative. Get behind your team and get behind the manager.

We've got an extremely short squad and we're still only 4 points off 4th. And with January literally weeks away... the only way is up (baby)

Look in the mirror and question whether you're a supporter.

In the sun it said Man U and arsenal are after sterling for 15 million he worth more that we should sell for around 30 million now.

In the sun it said Man U and arsenal are after sterling for 15 million he worth more that we should sell for around 30 million now.

I wouldn't say sterling is worth 30 million not yet, he has potential but a long way to go. As for the 15 million fee being thrown around I think he is out of contract so fee is set by a tribunal i think

I wouldn't say sterling is worth 30 million not yet, he has potential but a long way to go. As for the 15 million fee being thrown around I think he is out of contract so fee is set by a tribunal i think

Got 18 months in contract yet.. Deal should be done soon if you believe the rumours.

although Sterling is not starting today

Got 18 months in contract yet.. Deal should be done soon if you believe the rumours.

although Sterling is not starting today

ah right, so is that still on the youth terms the 18 months or is that one he signed on his 18th birthday or whatever the protocol is. is he even 18 yet?

doesn't matter googled it

Last edited:
Sterling is starting.. Bad info

reina - glen - skr - agg - down - Lucas - Allen - SG - Shelvey - ster - suarez

You can forget getting fourth this season I estimate a 11th/12th placed finish this season if I'm honest. Especially based on this performance.

I personally always believed Liverpool should be happy with a Top 6 finish. Top 4 was always going to be slightly out of reach.

Back