The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
How is Tom Ince overrated? He's been incredible this season.. He's home grown (at LFC) and we will receive 35% (I think) of his fee, either way.

As much as I love Coutinho on FM we really need to be careful not too overpay for someone who's only managed a handful of games for Inter, especially given their financial situation.

It does seem like a FM buy, tbh. Definitely a lot of potential but I'd rather see us spend that money on somebody who can cover for Lucas. Shame we didn't sign Diame in the summer -.-

Really don't think we should be spending more than €10m for Coutinho.. And I hope his wage demands are realistic.

10m for a speculative punt on Coutinho?

It's like King Kenny and Comolli never left...

I'm not really convinced Coutinho is our best option but for €10m it's not a huge risk.

Besides, he said he would rather stay than join Liverpool anyway.

Nothing wrong with Tom Ince he has been playing well and has been having a very good season so far. Wouldn't mind him as cover for Sterling/Borini.

Not really, the fee of around 8million is a decent price, but still a bit of a gamble..

Kenny and Comolli gambled with 75million!

Not really, the fee of around 8million is a decent price, but still a bit of a gamble..

Kenny and Comolli gambled with 75million!

8 Million is a very good price considering the transfer fee for decent players.

Anyways looks like its all just English media running this story with very little in Italy. Coutinho said he prefers to stay. (not sure about Moratti though, gone mad).

I can't believe that you suggested that Coutinho would be a good passer because of his South American heritage.

There's an element of truth to that. South American players naturally have better technique as it's more valued there, and they work on it harder. A bit like how British players are generally more physically fit, on the whole.

8 Million is a very good price considering the transfer fee for decent players.

Anyways looks like its all just English media running this story with very little in Italy. Coutinho said he prefers to stay. (not sure about Moratti though, gone mad).

Journalists all seem to be reporting two different stories.. including Ballague who always seems to be reliable

Coutinho told a key member of LFC ( believed to be Lucas, as they share the same agent ) that he wants move

But told Inter he wants to stay,

However, Borini did similar to try and up the price for his club, which i suppose is normal

Journalists all seem to be reporting two different stories.. including Ballague who always seems to be reliable

Coutinho told a key member of LFC ( believed to be Lucas, as they share the same agent ) that he wants move

But told Inter he wants to stay,

However, Borini did similar to try and up the price for his club, which i suppose is normal

From what I heard it depends on Alvarez. They are trying to sell Ricky Alvarez and Porto are interested. If Coutinho is sold and Alvarez stays then Inter fans will surely go mad at management.

There's an element of truth to that. South American players naturally have better technique as it's more valued there, and they work on it harder. A bit like how British players are generally more physically fit, on the whole.

Hmm I guess, it did sound ridiculous to me at first though in all fairness hahaha. I do think that British players are improving in terms of technique though.

From what I heard it depends on Alvarez. They are trying to sell Ricky Alvarez and Porto are interested. If Coutinho is sold and Alvarez stays then Inter fans will surely go mad at management.

Inter still cost cutting. Guess Coutinho doesnt want to be part of the section that gets cut, but equally doesnt want to sit on the bench.

Inter still cost cutting. Guess Coutinho doesnt want to be part of the section that gets cut, but equally doesnt want to sit on the bench.

Yes, Coutinho is way below the pecking order. Next high earner is Milito (mostly this summer he will be off) then they have likes of Stankovic. Coutinho is one of the lowest earners IIRC. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd rather us spend money on a backup left back for Enrique personally, but I won't grumble at a bid for Coutinho.

screenshot20110907at112.png

IIRC he didn't sign new contract, so his contract is not at all a problem.

Its confirmed. At 10m euros and 106k euros a week, feel that should have been in Liverpools grasp, especially when you are chasing Coutinho for £8m.

And there is no comparison between the two, WS is hands down a far superior player.

Bit late i know, but just thought

There is no tax in Turkey is there, or at least very minimal? where as in England top earners pay 50% tax

meaning the 90k a week wages for Sneijder... would have to be 180k for Liverpool to match Sneijders wage demands.

Correct me if i am wrong, but just been thinking about it

Bit late i know, but just thought

There is no tax in Turkey is there, or at least very minimal? where as in England top earners pay 50% tax

meaning the 90k a week wages for Sneijder... would have to be 180k for Liverpool to match Sneijders wage demands.

Correct me if i am wrong, but just been thinking about it

Turkey is 35%, UK is 45%.

Back